• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

• Total voters
Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

I totally changed my mind about what game I am going to buy first. Xerneas, a Fairy-type Pokémon classified as the "Life Pokémon" seems more interesting to me that Yveltal, a Dark/Flying Pokémon classified as "Destruction Pokémon". I still want Skrelp and the little flamingo, though :c

One question
Can Goronda be a Marketable Pokemon ?

In Japan, absolutely. America? It's a panda, so yeah, probably. People will go ape-shit over a panda even if they don't understand the Japanese stereotype it's based on.

I can already see lots of fanart with Goronda and Tatsumi Kanji (a dude from Persona 4) being drawn.

On an unrelated note, I am starting to like the new squids. It can't be helped, it is really hard for me to not like Ghost- or Dark-type Pokémon, I am sucker for them.

Just notice that the Japanese names for the squid pokemon are punny. If you put both Maaiika and Karamanero together it become Maa ii kara manero, meaning "whatever, let's mimic". Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong because I don't known if manero had other meanings.

I don't know about Maaiika, but I thought that Karamanero was a combination of "calamari" and "nero", because in my head, I've been romanising it as Calamanero.

What's that whiny gen 1 b*tches, you didn't like Vanilite? Well here's a candy floss Pokémon :p you guys can b*tch about this while all the real Pokémon fans are enjoying X and Y

I'm loving pancham's evolution. And I'm also glad that Yveltal isn't another damn dragon. Seriously, dragon Legendaries were really becoming over used along with psychic Legendaries.

Also I can already tell that when you battle online, everybody is going to name their Goronda, "Po". You know it's coming.

So far this was the best issue of CC yet in terms of pokemon reveals.

It's about time, CoroCoro. It's about time that Xerneas and Yveltal's types are announced.

I like that Maika and its evolution, despite being squids, aren't Water and have a new type combination (Psychic/Dark) that people have wanted for so long.

I'm not too keen on the pure fairy-type version exclusives, though. One is pure Fairy despite clearly being a bird and having wings and the other is a tiny Cloud n Candy-esque (from Yoshi's Story) pokemon.

Pancham's evolution is part Dark, which is always welcome (better than just pure Fighting, in my opinion). I like how it actually has the ferocity of a Dark-type (unlike the squids, which are just colored purple to represent the type).

Last edited:

Well, Maaiika is reported to have a new method of evolution. So you never know...

There are great chances it will be turning the console upside down in some way, or something comparable. I quote bulbanews :

The new squid Pokémon called Māīka (マーイーカ) is a Dark/Psychic-type Pokémon. It is considered the Spinning Pokémon. Its Abilities are Contrary and Suction Cups. It has the new Dark-type move Reverse, which reverses all of the enemy's status increases and decreases. It has the description: [...]

It's clearly based on inversion and rotation.

Peropaffu is literally the cutest thing ever, what a flawless specimen. I wish they would get more innovative with Fairy-type though, it seems like it's mostly nothing but cute/feminine Pokemon. Dragon-type had Pokemon like Altaria for example, why can't Fairy introduce some different looking Fairies? Fairies were demons back in folklore so it wouldn't be farfetch'd at all. Maika and Shushup are both pretty adorable as well.

I wouldn't quite call Xerneas cute and girly. Peaceful looking I guess, but not girly

Only one word can sum up Xerneas: Majestic.

is it just me, or are the two new pale/pink fairy pokemon sort of like the same fillers of petilil and cottonee. slightly uninteresting version exclusive fillers? :/ i hope they evolve, but at least they do showcase the new type and have new moves. sooo that's at least a step up. but unless they evolve and gain a second type and interesting form, i don't forsee them being used much or being popular.

i mean... they're cute i guess!

looking forward to clauncher and skrelp evos. i still cant decide which version i want!!!

Que Noé theres a cotton candy pokemon. COTTON CANDY!!!!!!! I DONT KNOW WETHER POKEMON NOWADATS ARE GENIUS OR RUNNING OUT OF SERIOUS IDEAS.

I'm surprised that Xerneas isn't at least part steel-type, but I guess it's good that we have one fairy-type that isn't small, cute, and rather girly. Yveltal wasn't surprising. I am however liking their relationships to life and destruction. Hoping that'll play a major part in the story.

Hmm, the fact that Xerneas' signature move is called Geo Control suggests it has something to do with the earth, or at least the gems on its antlers. The names of their moves seem to strengthen the connection to the "Earth Mother/Sky Father" mythos the two seem to have.

"Death Wing" also sounds like a Physical move, which suggests Yvetal will favour physical Attack. I'm actually hoping one of the two is defensively focused, we haven't had a defensive cover legendary since Giratina, and Lugia is the only other one.

Last edited:

I vaguely am reminded of Ursula from the Little Mermaid whenever I see Karamanero... I love it.

Back
Top Bottom