• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

• Total voters
Re: Speculation

Hello everyone. I decided as my first post, i would share my thoughts and stuff.

Have you noticed in the trailer revealed today, a sudowoodo was shown with Oorotto? Could this be hinting a sudowoodo evolution? They even look similar. What do you guys think? :bounce:

Ha, good catch; I wasn't paying enough attention to notice that. I think that this situation just shows Sudowoodo's natural behavior - it is blending in the crowd of tree Pokemon by pretending one. But your post lead me to a conclusion that this is exactly why GF haven't intoduced to us Orotto properly yet - so we can speculate its type and if its related to Sudowoodo or not.

Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

I'm glad that the hoard battle distribution has been so creative - Sudowoodo among a bunch of haunted trees, Tauros and Miltank together - etc.

i hope clauncher evo to have good typing, fire or electric are what i expect. and keeping in mind what the design is based on, im hoping for some kind of enhanced vacuum wave signature move

Clauncher doesn't strike me as gaining another type, tbh. Even after hearing about the pistol shrimps behavior.

I'm not really seeing Orotto as an evolution of Sudowoodo, the name doesn't seem to carry the pun that both it and Bonsly have.

The idea of Clauncher becoming Water/Fire is from pistol shrimps (which it's based off of). To kill their prey, they punch their claw so fast it creates a vacuum bubble, which rapidly collapses and generates intense heats (4,700 °C!), as well as light and an extremely loud pop. They can shatter their tanks with it.

That's just the punching Pistol Shrimps.

Some shoot a bubble out of their claw that briefly almost reaches the temperature of the sun.
They use this to stun and kill prey.

Edit: Was wrong. Hunter Talon was talking about Mantis Shrimps.
Mantis and Pistol are different.

Last edited:

see that would be a bad-ass pokemon

damn nature
you fucking awesome

Re: Gen VI Pokemon Speculation Thread

I've wanted an Ice/Steel Type Pokémon since Generation 3. They can give it the Heatproof Ability to cut the attack of Fire Types in half but I can't ever think of a creature it could be based on.

That'd be a pretty good combo: Ice/Steel with Heatproof. A very useful and effective way of reducing what would be catastrophic damage. I would love to see that happen. But like you, I can't think of anything they could base it off of. Maybe they should make another Glalie-like Pokemon, based off an Oni or something like that (after all, such creatures have a wide range of forms, so it wouldn't be impossible). But yeah, that's a great idea.

Actually I think that kind of type would make an excellent sword type like honedge! And since honedge is like a creepy type of sword, being it can suck the life force out of people, the opposite would be a pure and honorable sword, (excalibur?)an ice/steel type. It's pokedex would be something like, "Legend has it was created by a blacksmith looking to avenge his pokemon that was wrongfully murdered made a sword of ice and steel. His cry for vengence was heard and a power or spirit entered the sword. Since then it's never grown dull and it's never melted."

I am wondering about the other types of flying types there are(birds). Fletchling is cute and all but I already have a fire type. (starting with fennikin) so I need a flying type that will work for my team. Wonder what other kinds there'll be...

Last edited:

The idea of Clauncher becoming Water/Fire is from pistol shrimps (which it's based off of). To kill their prey, they punch their claw so fast it creates a vacuum bubble, which rapidly collapses and generates intense heats (4,700 °C!), as well as light and an extremely loud pop. They can shatter their tanks with it.

Some shoot a bubble out of their claw that briefly almost reaches the temperature of the sun.

The tank busting is an urban legend for Mantis Shrimp so I imagine the same applies to pistol shrimp, they both use a pretty similar mechanism for their "snapping"

Neither of these crustaceans are shooting bubbles, the cavitation bubbles are exactly as Hunter Talon described, the speed of the strike is so fast it displaces water creating a vacuum, which the water collapses into (essentially the target is struck twice). A Pistol shrimp (or the much cooler mantis shrimp) would make more sense as water/fighting (if they were to evolve and gain new types) because of the fact that they're basically vacuum waving their prey, wheres the heat and light while a neat effect aren't really significant to what they're doing and you wouldn't notice it with the naked eye.

Mantis Shrimp also come with a spear like claw variety, some smack things like Pistol shrimp, and some skewer them. It might be neat if the pistol shrimp had a split evo into a spear claw or a hammer claw variety of mantis shrimp or something. (In short I am not really sold on a water/fire typing for a pistol shrimp, but I really do love these sea creatures in general so I had to gush about them and how I'd imagine them as pokemon:D)

Last edited:

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but the only type so far we haven't seen a Pokemon revealed with is Ground. I really want to see what some of the bulky Pokemon look like, we haven't really seen any yet (this could mainly be just because we've seen more first stage Pokemon than evolved ones)

The tank busting is an urban legend for Mantis Shrimp so I imagine the same applies to pistol shrimp, they both use a pretty similar mechanism for their "snapping"

Neither of these crustaceans are shooting bubbles, the cavitation bubbles are exactly as Hunter Talon described, the speed of the strike is so fast it displaces water creating a vacuum, which the water collapses into (essentially the target is struck twice). A Pistol shrimp (or the much cooler mantis shrimp) would make more sense as water/fighting (if they were to evolve and gain new types) because of the fact that they're basically vacuum waving their prey, wheres the heat and light while a neat effect aren't really significant to what they're doing and you wouldn't notice it with the naked eye.

Mantis Shrimp also come with a spear like claw variety, some smack things like Pistol shrimp, and some skewer them. It might be neat if the pistol shrimp had a split evo into a spear claw or a hammer claw variety of mantis shrimp or something. (In short I am not really sold on a water/fire typing for a pistol shrimp, but I really do love these sea creatures in general so I had to gush about them and how I'd imagine them as pokemon:D)

You are right that what we were describing is the Mantis Shrimp. However, there is a Pistol Shrimp. And he shoots bubbles.
Pistol Shrimp - YouTube

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but the only type so far we haven't seen a Pokemon revealed with is Ground. I really want to see what some of the bulky Pokemon look like, we haven't really seen any yet (this could mainly be just because we've seen more first stage Pokemon than evolved ones)

I think Bunnelby is going Normal/Ground or Ground.

You are right that what we were describing is the Mantis Shrimp. However, there is a Pistol Shrimp. And he shoots bubbles.
Pistol Shrimp - YouTube

Ahh ok I see that thanks for the video :D, I was thrown off by them doing that with the same mechanism (although employed in different ways).

I still see that more as a vacuum wave than anything else though (since it literally is a vacuum wave), the heat produced isn't really of consequence it's just a side effect of creating cavitation bubbles.

Pistol Shrimp - YouTube

Ahh ok I see that thanks for the video :D, I was thrown off by them doing that with the same mechanism (although employed in different ways).

I still see that more as a vacuum wave than anything else though (since it literally is a vacuum wave), the heat produced isn't really of consequence it's just a side effect of creating cavitation bubbles.

The more you know - YouTube

Going back to an earlier topic of Helioptile's evolution, I think it might be likely that its evolution gains two more frills - one on the chin and one on the back of the head. Then, when it opens its four frills - unlike Helioptile whose two frills are only on the side of its head - its whole head will be surrounded by its frills like an actual frill-necked lizard.

After Pyroar stayed Fire/Normal, I'm less convinced that Helioptile will change when it evolves. Electric/Normal isn't particularly bad, though. It gains one weakness (giving it two - Ground and Fighting) but also an added immunity (Ghost). Plus if Helioptile really does have Dry Skin, like people who played the demos said, that gives it another immunity (Water) and makes it a pretty damn good Water-killer (Jellicent is fucked against it, basically) except against Water/Ground types, which is pretty neat in itself. Even if it stays Electric/Normal, while not everyone will be happy, it's guaranteed to be unique (and useful) so that's good in my eyes at least.

I was already decided to choose Amaura over rawr rawr Tyrunt and its incredible looking evolution only made me more sure about my choice.

BUhXAELCUAEFua8.jpg

jpeg-2.jpeg

Not keen on the tail tbh. Rest of it seems alright though. Will still be choosing baby T-Rex anyway.

pokemon-x-nintendo-3ds-1379583165-172.jpg

Back
Top Bottom