• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope
Gates to infinity release 2013 outsude of japan
SMD released 2016 in europe and australia

But both of those were released at the latest in the early part of those years. Nether of them directly competed for time with the main series. If a MD game came out this year it'd likely be later this year which is exactly when we expect the main series game. Something they probably wouldn't do as the main game would cut into the side games sales.

We don't know anything about the game at this point aside from the fact that it exists and what console it's on. And, doesn't Masuda hate DLC?

We did know what console XY and SM were on when they were revealed.
I can't find nor remember which one it was, but one of those job listings included something about DLC but yeah, Masuda has expressed his disliking towards them.

But both of those were released at the latest in the early part of those years. Nether of them directly competed for time with the main series. If a MD game came out this year it'd likely be later this year which is exactly when we expect the main series game. Something they probably wouldn't do as the main game would cut into the side games sales.
Especially since Mystery Dungeon is bigger than other spinoffs. If a main series game and a Mystery Dungeon game come out at the same time, the main series game will eat into the Mystery Dungeon game's sales and I don't think Spike Chunsoft wants that.

Especially since Mystery Dungeon is bigger than other spinoffs. If a main series game and a Mystery Dungeon game come out at the same time, the main series game will eat into the Mystery Dungeon game's sales and I don't think Spike Chunsoft wants that.
If were were to get a myster dungeon game announced this month it would release in june, which is still 4.5-6 months away from a gen 8 release

Wouldn't a spin off game benefit more from a holiday release than a main series game tho? The main series can take care of itself. MD is very niche and kind of needs a holiday on the horizon to come out and get good nunbers

SMD was announced in may and released in september
The math is self-explanitory
You can't use the past to determine anything. Patterns can be broken.
This is why I'm waiting. Did they SAY it was an MD? No? THEN WHAT THE FLIP ARE YOU PANICKING ABOUT? Wait for them to say what it is before you flipping assume.
What else does Spike Chunsoft make?

1. They wouldn't bother with Mystery Dungeon this year if there the main series entries were on the agenda; there would be a marketing clash even with a gap of four months.

2. That said, let's not pretend that Spike Chunsoft don't work on a plethora of other games. They're even localizing another company's games these days, but we don't know which ones.

A number of things, actually, but at any rate, it doesn't have to be a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

Other games. The fact is, there is nothing at all to indicate that this will have anything to do with Pokemon at all. And yet here you all are, arguing over something that might not exist.
Mystery Dungeon is their most profitable IP, of course they're making another one.

The Switch game is coming out in 2019. If the games were coming out in 2018, then we should be getting a trailer by now, which is looking to not be the case.

idk why people think it needs to be announced in February otherwise it wont make 2018

we didn't get anything concrete on sun/moon till may aside from logos, and the game title was only revealed so early because of the 20th anniversary. We've already had sort of a soft announcement anyways from last e3

IMO people should at least give it till like mid-late March, especially considering we got Zeraora and the lugia stuff to get through first

If PMD comes out this year (regardless of when) it's not looking good for a main series release. Regardless of when PMD comes out, by the time the holiday season came around the main series game would cannibalize it and it wouldn't sell well. If it's on its own then it'll do fine.

I know it's not the same being on the DS and this is for the switch, but wasn't Black and White only revealed in April? I know again, it's bad to compare 2010 DS game with 2D sprites to a 2018/2019 Switch game with 3D models but still.
And I know we already Zorua and Zoroark at that point too.

I still believe we will have the games this year, and we can't rule out yet the possibility of a first gameplay trailer on Pokémon Day, because they are not announcing anything, all they are doing is releasing something we already know its coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom