• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
WHos to say zygarde won't be pushed into the movie? We didn't even know mewtwo was going to be in the gensect movie until around its mega evolution was revealed and before that i doubt the movie pointed to gen 6 at all being all they showed was a shiny genesect. Did you think there wasn't going to be a new game when the movie was first announced to be genesect central? They reveal the pokemon that advirtise the next games later on after the games have been announced.
First of all, the movie title is already finalized. When a Pokémon is revealed, its name is added to the title. Can you see Zygarde get added to "The Archdjinni of the Rings: Hoopa"? Hoopa's name wouldn't be denoted last if that were the case (just look at the logo). Secondly, Rayquaza, Giratina and Kyurem were revealed from the get-go ahead of their games. In the case of the latter two, it was their Formes that were kept a secret. Lastly, the movie would be a trainwreck with Hoopa, the Weather trio and Zygarde.

Last edited:
The movie already has Hoopa and the Primals though, wouldn't adding in Zygarde be overkill?

The movie seems to be based around the OR/AS post-game plot of the Mirage Spots, which confirms Hoopa's behind them (as if anyone doubted it). And considering every existing legendary (except event legendaries, the XYZ trio, the Bird trio and Mewtwo) are available in OR/AS, it wouldn't be such a stretch to think that the plotline of the movie would involve every single legendary rampaging in a super climactic battle and Ash and friends having to team up with Hoopa to send all the legendaries back to where they came from. And since the movie takes place in Kalos, the two trios and Mewtwo would also be in play for this movie.

It'd be messy as all hell to have all the legends in one movie, but considering the plotline the movie is based off of, it's entirely possible for all of them to get shoved in there.

And Zygarde reacts to trauma in the ecosystem of Kalos. Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza messing with the land, sea and sky sure sounds like trauma to me.

First of all, the movie title is already finalized. When a Pokémon is revealed, its name is added to the title.

Lastly, the movie would be a trainwreck with Hoopa, the Weather trio and Zygarde.

Not every movie has to have the names of every legendary present in the movie in their titles.

M1 doesn't mention Mew
M2 doesn't mention Articuno, Zapdos or Moltres
M4 doesn't mention Suicune
M7 doesn't mention Rayquaza
M12 doesn't mention Giratina, Palkia or Arceus
M13 doesn't mention Entei, Suicune, Raikou or Celebi
M15 doesn't mention Terrakion, Virizion or Cobalion
M17 doesn't mention Xerneas

Also, how would a movie be a trainwreck with five Pokémon having prominent roles, when the multiple focus has been done before? M2 had four Pokémon in focus, M10 had 3 in focus, M12 had 4 in focus, M13 had six in focus with four being legendaries, and M15 had five, so I don't see how any of your points stack up here.

Last edited:
Going back to those XY code findings from last year, could there be something related to ORAS DLC?

Part of that information about Hoopa is already present in ORAS. Transporting whole islands turned out to be Mirage Spots, "Hoopa's full power" - Unbound form.

There is a mention about certain organization which got its headquarters transported to the middle of the desert. Could it be that Looker was investigating the organization and got teleported by Hoopa to Battle Resort? Perhaps after that, headquarters will be teleported to Hoenn's desert and be the part of Looker's quest in DLC. Those headquarters could also serve as ORAS' substitute for Mirage Tower, as they could disappear after quest, possibly leaving some item in Desert Underpass afterwards.

I thought the general consensus was that the desert was Orre with the organization being Cipher? At least, from the speculation I've seen on other sites, that's what many people think.

But I guess the desert could be Route 111. I think they should definitely tie in X/Y with OR/AS through this desert organization. Hoopa is from Kalos originally, and X/Y make it very clear that there was a team before Flare who wanted Xerneas and Yveltal, so maybe this team captured Hoopa in order to have it find the X and Y legends? I think that should definitely be explored.

I doubt it's anything Orre related. Game Freak doesn't seem to want to make connections to any region not created by them.

M1 doesn't mention Mew
M2 doesn't mention Articuno, Zapdos or Moltres
M4 doesn't mention Suicune
M7 doesn't mention Rayquaza
M12 doesn't mention Giratina, Palkia or Arceus
M13 doesn't mention Entei, Suicune, Raikou or Celebi
M15 doesn't mention Terrakion, Virizion or Cobalion
M17 doesn't mention Xerneas
With the exception of Arceus which was added to the Movie 12 title, these Pokémon were revealed from the get-go and were secondary to the real stars of their respective movies. The only reason Zygarde would be kept a secret is if it were going to be at least as prominent as Hoopa, but the movie title rules out that possibility.

Also, how would a movie be a trainwreck with five Pokémon having prominent roles, when the multiple focus has been done before? M2 had four Pokémon in focus, M10 had 3 in focus, M12 had 4 in focus, M13 had six in focus with four being legendaries, and M15 had five, so I don't see how any of your points stack up here.
What possible role could Zygarde serve in the movie that Rayquaza couldn't? Why bother with the Weather trio at all in that case? They're already going to appear in the third Mega Evolution special.

Rayquaza messing with the land, sea and sky sure sounds like trauma to me.
Rayquaza is not a villain.

Last edited:
If they do another Kalos instalment for Gen 6, I hope that they do something more with that massive Sundial that's in Anistar City like making it part of the plot. Like, what the hell is that thing anyway? If there's one thing other than the misshaped plots in X/Y that bothers me, it's that thing as well. All we know is that it supposedly came from outer space and Sycamore uses it to update your Mega-Ring.

See, I like things like that. Mysterious, cool things in videogames that you don't really know what they're for, but they seem important and wonderous. Games used to have stuff like that all the time, but now gamers expect everything to be hand-fed to them.

If they do another Kalos instalment for Gen 6, I hope that they do something more with that massive Sundial that's in Anistar City like making it part of the plot. Like, what the hell is that thing anyway? If there's one thing other than the misshaped plots in X/Y that bothers me, it's that thing as well. All we know is that it supposedly came from outer space and Sycamore uses it to update your Mega-Ring.

See, I like things like that. Mysterious, cool things in videogames that you don't really know what they're for, but they seem important and wonderous. Games used to have stuff like that all the time, but now gamers expect everything to be hand-fed to them.

Exactly how is something being "hand-fed" to me when I use my hard-earned money from my job to buy that videogame?

That doesn't mean it can't be made a villain for the story, or just destructive or antagonistic depending on how they write it. For instance, Dialga and Palkia aren't villains, but both cause a lot of chaos for the cast in the 10th movie due to their fight. I could see that being done with Rayquaza in terms of its fight with Groudon and Kyogre as all three are capable of catastrophic destruction, and from that, whoever the protagonist Pokémon would be would have to stop it.

Granted, I'm not sure that Zygarde will appear in this movie, but I don't think just because Rayquaza isn't a villain doesn't mean it can't be made into one or serve a similar role.

I say it goes both ways, sometimes you want to keep some things in mystery as they add to the character of the area you're in (such as the Sinnoh folk lore), but on the flip side, too much mystery and lack of explanation leaves you wanting more as you barely know much about what's being told. Personally, I'd say that Kalo's lore is more the latter type due to the fact that Kalos was pretty limited in what it told as we don't get a lot of development for the legendaries, the sundial, the connection they have to Megas, etc., they're just kind of there and could use some attention to make them more interesting.

That doesn't mean it can't be made a villain for the story, or just destructive or antagonistic depending on how they write it. For instance, Dialga and Palkia aren't villains, but both cause a lot of chaos for the cast in the 10th movie due to their fight. I could see that being done with Rayquaza in terms of its fight with Groudon and Kyogre as all three are capable of catastrophic destruction, and from that, whoever the protagonist Pokémon would be would have to stop it.
Unlike Dialga and Palkia, Rayquaza's designated role is to stop Groudon and Kyogre's destruction. Let's be honest: Turning it into a villain would be pretty lousy writing.

Going back to those XY code findings from last year, could there be something related to ORAS DLC?

Part of that information about Hoopa is already present in ORAS. Transporting whole islands turned out to be Mirage Spots, "Hoopa's full power" - Unbound form.

There is a mention about certain organization which got its headquarters transported to the middle of the desert. Could it be that Looker was investigating the organization and got teleported by Hoopa to Battle Resort? Perhaps after that, headquarters will be teleported to Hoenn's desert and be the part of Looker's quest in DLC. Those headquarters could also serve as ORAS' substitute for Mirage Tower, as they could disappear after quest, possibly leaving some item in Desert Underpass afterwards.

I thought the general consensus was that the desert was Orre with the organization being Cipher? At least, from the speculation I've seen on other sites, that's what many people think.

But I guess the desert could be Route 111. I think they should definitely tie in X/Y with OR/AS through this desert organization. Hoopa is from Kalos originally, and X/Y make it very clear that there was a team before Flare who wanted Xerneas and Yveltal, so maybe this team captured Hoopa in order to have it find the X and Y legends? I think that should definitely be explored.

I doubt it's anything Orre related. Game Freak doesn't seem to want to make connections to any region not created by them.

Well, I don't think we'll ever know. I doubt they're going to introduce Hoopa's organization or the pre-Team Flare organization, much less confirm they're one and the same with Cipher.

IIRC, the only Legendary that has acted anywhere close to a "villain" in the movies were Mewtwo in the first movie, and the fake Groudon that Butler made in Wish-Maker. All of the other Legendaries seemed to have acted either in self-defense or in territorial disputes with other Legendary 'mons or humans. In most cases, if a Legendary is causing destruction that's dangerous to a general populous or the whole world, they're either controlled by an evil team/evil person or what would essentially be animal instinct for them.

Revealing Zygarde's role in December or January just after ORAS release wouldn't be a good move. Current movie poster with Hoopa doesn't look like final poster to be honest. All other JP final posters feature other human characters, not only Ash and are filled with more content in general. It's more than likely there will be a poster with Hoopa Unbound. This could be the real final poster, in which Zygarde could appear. And how would the movie title look like? It could stay the same and not mention Zygarde at all, but if it had to, it could be: "Zygarde and the Archdjinni of the Rings: Hoopa." Nothing complicated here. Arceus' name got added at beginning of title like that.

Exactly how is something being "hand-fed" to me when I use my hard-earned money from my job to buy that videogame?

*facepalm*

Zweilous said:
I say it goes both ways, sometimes you want to keep some things in mystery as they add to the character of the area you're in (such as the Sinnoh folk lore), but on the flip side, too much mystery and lack of explanation leaves you wanting more as you barely know much about what's being told. Personally, I'd say that Kalo's lore is more the latter type due to the fact that Kalos was pretty limited in what it told as we don't get a lot of development for the legendaries, the sundial, the connection they have to Megas, etc., they're just kind of there and could use some attention to make them more interesting.

I expect they're setting stuff up for Z, honestly.

Unlike Dialga and Palkia, Rayquaza's designated role is to stop Groudon and Kyogre's destruction. Let's be honest: Turning it into a villain would be pretty lousy writing.

You can mean well in your actions, but still have them cause damage to the world and people around you. Rayquaza's role may be to stop the other two titan-like Pokemon, but it's still a titan itself and can do more harm then good in its endeavor.

I expect they're setting stuff up for Z, honestly.

Potentially, but even so, a lot of the lore was very underdeveloped even by the paired version standards. For instance, we barely even get that much about Xerneas and Yveltal despite being the cover legendaries, which is not helped by them almost completely popping up out of nowhere in the plot.

I'm not entirely sure what they plan on doing for the remainder of Gen 6, but I'd like to see them take the same approach as they did with 5. Skip the whole "Pokemon Z" thing, and give us Pokemon X^2 and Y^2 (X-squared Y-squared). Yes, I know it sounds ridiculous, but instead of giving us the same game with a slightly altered story, I'd like to see a continuation of the revelations made in XY and ORAS, potentially dealing with the possibility (and thus subsequent foiling) of a second great Pokemon war.

Perhaps, seeing as Zygarde was a completely optional battle in XY, it could be the main focus of the villainous team (Team Flare put back together as an insurgent cell, led by Malva, maybe?). Seeing Lysandre again, potentially as a redeemed ally, would be kind of cool.

Serena could be a Contest superstar, and Calem could take over as Lumiose city leader, making Clemont the first Electric-type elite 4 member.

Oh, but these are simply dreams.

With the exception of Arceus which was added to the Movie 12 title, these Pokémon were revealed from the get-go and were secondary to the real stars of their respective movies. The only reason Zygarde would be kept a secret is if it were going to be at least as prominent as Hoopa, but the movie title rules out that possibility.

What possible role could Zygarde serve in the movie that Rayquaza couldn't? Why bother with the Weather trio at all in that case? They're already going to appear in the third Mega Evolution special.

Rayquaza messing with the land, sea and sky sure sounds like trauma to me.

They added daicnie's name in after it was revealed. And easily

Zygarde and The archidijin of the rings: hoopa (Arceus movie just added his name to the front) and teh title is not finalized (also daincie was added to the front of its movie it was x/y the cocoon of destruction and became diancie and the cocoon of destruction

And maybe they have a reason to keep zygardes role a secret as I said, primal/mega (or both) zygarde will be in it
or Zygarde will be in the next flim with volcaion and some gen 7 mons to promote gen 7

Last edited:
I'm not entirely sure what they plan on doing for the remainder of Gen 6, but I'd like to see them take the same approach as they did with 5. Skip the whole "Pokemon Z" thing, and give us Pokemon X^2 and Y^2 (X-squared Y-squared). Yes, I know it sounds ridiculous, but instead of giving us the same game with a slightly altered story, I'd like to see a continuation of the revelations made in XY and ORAS, potentially dealing with the possibility (and thus subsequent foiling) of a second great Pokemon war.

This is something that I'd like to see. Like have the "X2" and "Y2" games be sequels to both X/Y and ORAS, and make all 3 pairs into a trilogy of sorts. Make ORAS the 1st, X/Y the 2nd, and *insert new Gen 6 game* the 3rd instalment of the trilogy.

Also, Zinnia had mentioned the Kalos War and AZ quite a few times... not a buttload, but it was enough to make you wonder. It may be just a coinkydink, but why does she seem to care so much about the Kalos War and AZ? Does the Kalos War and AZ have a much bigger influence than just in Kalos? I know it's said that AZ had traveled the world looking for redemption and forgiveness, but why does this particular war have an influence in Hoenn as well? Maybe it was Kalos and Hoenn that were at war with each other? I wonder if maybe the Draconids were involved? Maybe that tree planted in Sootopolis by AZ was a sort of belated "peace offering" to the region that he once fought against?

Last edited:
They added daicnie's name in after it was revealed. And easily
Of course they did. Diancie was needed as an event Pokémon, and the initial title didn't include any Pokémon name.

Zygarde and The archidijin of the rings: hoopa (Arceus movie just added his name to the front) and teh title is not finalized
There is little reason to assume that the current title isn't finalized. When a Pokémon's name gets added to the title, it is denoted in special letters in the logo (see Arceus, Diancie and Hoopa). They could randomly add Zygarde to the beginning, but the title would still emphasize Hoopa to a far greater extent, so why reveal Zygarde last?

(also daincie was added to the front of its movie it was x/y the cocoon of destruction and became diancie and the cocoon of destruction
The Japanese title is "The Cocoon of Destruction and Diancie".

And maybe they have a reason to keep zygardes role a secret as I said, primal/mega (or both) zygarde will be in it
Revealing that Zygarde is in the movie doesn't require immediately revealing its new variations. Giratina and Kyurem were tied to their movies from the get-go before we knew about their Formes.

There is little reason to assume that the current title isn't finalized. When a Pokémon's name gets added to the title, it is denoted in special letters in the logo (see Arceus, Diancie and Hoopa). They could randomly add Zygarde to the beginning, but the title would still emphasize Hoopa to a far greater extent, so why reveal Zygarde last?

Hoopa is related to recently released ORAS, while Zygarde isn't. That's why Zygarde could be revealed later. Like I said before, current movie poster doesn't meet content quantity standards of final poster. Ever since Movie 13 teaser logos were being revelead before final ones. Because of this, current logo for Hoopa movie could be actually the teaser as it's the only one to be revealed so far.

Revealing that Zygarde is in the movie doesn't require immediately revealing its new variations. Giratina and Kyurem were tied to their movies from the get-go before we knew about their Formes.

This time third legendary could be revealed simultaneously with new variations because of being revealed late.

Hoopa is related to recently released ORAS,
Kids who don't know about hidden data aren't even aware of that. Marketing-wise, revealing Hoopa is already a departure from the known ORAS content.

That's why Zygarde could be revealed later.
They aren't going to take forever to reveal it. Either it will happen this month (in a few days) or it won't happen at all. Movie titles get finalized by February.

Like I said before, current movie poster doesn't meet content quantity standards of final poster.
Of course not. Hoopa Unbound hasn't been revealed yet.

Kids who don't know about hidden data aren't even aware of that. Marketing-wise, revealing Hoopa is already a departure from the known ORAS content.

But everyone can see Mirage Spots legendaries poping out of those hoops. It doesn't take a genius to relate those events with Hoopa, as even its name and official artwork suggests the connection. It's obvious enough even for someone who didn't know about Hoopa until January. Even if Hoopa hadn't any connections to ORAS, it still would be at least neutral to ORAS marketing, while Zygarde would clearly shift the interest into XY.

They aren't going to take forever to reveal it. Either it will happen this month (in a few days) or it won't happen at all. Movie titles get finalized by February.

It can happen even later than February. Usually titles get finalised in February, not earlier. They can always bend usual time patterns if current marketing needs it. Your own suggestion that current title revealed in January is final one supports the idea they can bend usual time patterns.

Of course not. Hoopa Unbound hasn't been revealed yet.

New form of Keldeo or Mewtwo simply replaced regular form in new version of poster. Unusual situation with Hoopa is that the whole poster needs to be replaced, allowing to add more characters like Zygarde. And Hoopa Unbound will probably be revealed later than February.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom