• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Drawing an explicit connection to Lugia and then not explaining it makes even less sense, that would be pointless trolling. Also, if they make it too obvious then the whole thing would be too boring and anti-climactic, it's more interesting when there's a sense of mystery to it.

A fair point, but there would still be more direct options. "Guardian's Den," since Lugia has actually been referred to as the "guardian of the sea" in the Pokédex. Or "Diving Den," after its species name. Or something. As it stands, it's like naming the MooMoo Farm the "Bovinae Farm." The phrase "MooMoo" actually has an in-game tie to Miltank (MooMoo Milk comes from them), but "Bovinae" includes an out-of-universe inference and a few degrees of separation from the source.

It's a very very very obvious reference to Lugia that any fan not realizing it should be ashamed. That said, it IS dumb they didn't actually do anything with Lugia there, but what's not dumb about the XY games?

Anyone who dares call himself a fan should've instantly thought of that....... it's actually amazing you didn't... unless you're like new to Pokémon...

No, I don't feel like less of a fan for not thinking it, but you can quit shaming me for not sharing your opinion now, thanks. For the record I've been a fan since the Red/Blue days, but excuse me, I guess, for not putting much stock in the idea considering that the games have never, ever acknowledged the movie-only relationship between Lugia and the Mirages, and that Lugia has never once been called a sea spirit in the games.

A fair point, but there would still be more direct options. "Guardian's Den," since Lugia has actually been referred to as the "guardian of the sea" in the Pokédex. Or "Diving Den," after its species name. Or something.

Sea Spirit's Den isn't far enough away from them to lose the connection, and the name is catchier than the ones you're suggesting.

As it stands, it's like naming the MooMoo Farm the "Bovinae Farm." The phrase "MooMoo" actually has an in-game tie to Miltank (MooMoo Milk comes from them), but "Bovinae" includes an out-of-universe inference and a few degrees of separation from the source.

Except there's no reason to hide MooMoo's connection to the farm because you can instantly go there, it's not a spoiler. But in the case of Sea Spirit's Den, it's initially a mysterious, empty cave that doesn't have any relevance until the Birds show up there, giving it a direct reference spoils its purpose before it's fulfilled.

Having a Mega is incomparably more important than being in Amity Square or Pokewalker. Blaziken being the only Hoenn starter Mega made people curious about Megas of Swampert and Sceptile. I doubt Amity Square had equally strong effect on people knowing that Torchic can't even be evolved to walk there and all Pokemon can walk with player in HGSS anyway. While it's true that Mega Blaziken was chosen to be in XY because of popularity, I still think the other reason was to foreshadow remakes. Lack of Megas for other two starters created disproportion in Hoenn starters set and it was reasonable to think that they might be saved for remakes, like other Megas important to Hoenn storyline.

The imbalance in Megas wasn't just related to Hoenn though, Charizard was also imbalanced with its other starters as well. The Mega selection as a whole was imbalanced.

At least other Kanto starters got one Mega each, which was a lot of better than two Hoenn starters not getting Megas at all. Imbalance of Megas in XY was strong indicator for Hoenn remake.

Speaking of imbalance, in this generation, we're probably still yet to get Mega of Kanto's pseudo-legendary Dragonite seeing how pseudo-legendaries from Gens II-IV got theirs. Also because Kanto's starters, legendary, regional fossil, bird and bug got already.

Last edited:
Speaking of imbalance, in this generation, we're probably still yet to get Mega of Kanto's pseudo-legendary Dragonite seeing how pseudo-legendaries from Gens II-IV got theirs. Also because Kanto's starters, legendary, regional fossil, bird and bug got already.
I don't see why every notable Generation I Pokémon needs to get the Mega treatment now, especially if Kanto itself ends up being revisited in the next generation.

I don't see why every notable Generation I Pokémon needs to get the Mega treatment now, especially if Kanto itself ends up being revisited in the next generation.

I just thought that perhaps they want to keep adding some notable Gen I Megas in every new group, including potential group of DLC. And Dragonite really looks left out given that pseudo-legendaries of Gens II-IV have Megas.

I just thought that perhaps they want to keep adding some notable Gen I Megas in every new group, including potential group of DLC. And Dragonite really looks left out given that pseudo-legendaries of Gens II-IV have Megas.

So? Dragonite could easily be introduced whenever Hydreigon and Goodra are. ;)

Not to mention that GF doesn't really treat the Pseudo-legendaries as a group, at least not to the extent of other groups like the starters or legendary trios. So whenever Dragonite gets one, it'll probably be on its own time rather then as a result of the others getting one.

Wait, was Regigigas present in Hoenn's lore? I only remember the creation of the Regi's being referenced and that's it.

Arguably, it was due to the line "We feared it," which is singular rather then plural. However, looking at it again, that is an interpretation of the line and they could've still meant to refer to the Regis as a whole.

Crazy Idea: What if they made a SECOND remake in Gen VI? Gen V had no remakes, so to make up for it, two in Gen VI. Maybe a Gen IV remake. Think about it! Mega Evolution has been said to be a Gen VI thing that won't necessarily be in future games, so they're gonna want to do as much with it as possible as they can. Gen V is too recent to remake and Gens I~III have been made now, so IV is a perfect candidate. It'd let them give the Sinnoh starters Megas, give them an opportunity to do big things with a trio of Legendary Dragon-types, now that they've introduced the Fairy Type to counter-balance Dragons, and out of all the events they've released in Japan for Gen VI so far, they've released Darkrai and Shaymin, who were both event-exclusives in Gen IV.

Unlikely? Yes. That's why I called it a crazy idea :p

BlackButterfree said:
Forces of Nature is Thundurus, Landorus and Tornadus, with Landorus being the internal leader.

I thought Thundurus and Tornadus were enemies, and Landorus kept them in check, not that Lando was their "leader."

There's three hidden special Legendaries this generation -- Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion. Diancie is only obtainable in XY, Hoopa is only obtainable in ORAS. It makes sense that the third would be available in Z (or X2Y2 if they do it that way).

What I think they're gonna do is, in Pokemon Z, there'll be a new, mini-region you reach by using that Airplane Ticket event item we found hidden in the data. A tropical-themed one, the island nation the Strange Souvenir guy is from, where you can obtain Volcanion.

I've not seen anything about this airplane ticket in the coding, but I have a better idea of something tropical which I stated in another thread. We know from GSC/HGSS that it's ok to go to other regions in game aka Kanto, and in Emerald, you actually could get to some of the Sevii Islands which were in in FRLG, (the event islands).

We also know that XY(Z,X2,Y2,) take place a considerable amount of time after ORAS, could be anything from 5-10 years.
We know that in ORAS, they've started work/planning the Battle Frontier that a lot of people were unhappy to see skipped.

So what if this airplane ticket you mention is in the next Kalos instalment and allows us to go to the Hoenn Battle Frontier?
The reasons why they didn't include it in ORAS is because the copy paste BF from Platinum to HGSS was not well received and also the next Kalos instalment will no doubt have Megas/formes not available in ORAS.

Seems unlikely that an ORAS thing would be in Z. If it's anything, it'll be something brand new, I think.

^Speaking of Gen 4, I've often wondered if they may tie in Zinnia and the Draconid lore with Sinnoh's Legendary Dragons in a future game somehow, specifically because those Dragons have the abilities to warp space and time. It would be a nice tie-in to the "alternate dimension/reality" schtick that was brought up in the Delta Episode.

Preferably though, I would want a sequel to D/P/P instead of remakes. Out of that trio of games though, a single sequel game to Platinum since it has a little more to work with for a sequel. By that, I mean Cyrus flat-out promising that he won't give up on his plan on making a world without emotion, the way he wants it. Now with the endless possibilities of alternate realities/dimensions opened up in Delta Episode, I would be interested to see those concepts combined. It's a very slim chance of happening, but one can dream.

Last edited:
Crazy Idea: What if they made a SECOND remake in Gen VI? Gen V had no remakes, so to make up for it, two in Gen VI. Maybe a Gen IV remake. Think about it! Mega Evolution has been said to be a Gen VI thing that won't necessarily be in future games, so they're gonna want to do as much with it as possible as they can. Gen V is too recent to remake and Gens I~III have been made now, so IV is a perfect candidate. It'd let them give the Sinnoh starters Megas, give them an opportunity to do big things with a trio of Legendary Dragon-types, now that they've introduced the Fairy Type to counter-balance Dragons, and out of all the events they've released in Japan for Gen VI so far, they've released Darkrai and Shaymin, who were both event-exclusives in Gen IV.

Unlikely? Yes. That's why I called it a crazy idea :p

I thought Thundurus and Tornadus were enemies, and Landorus kept them in check, not that Lando was their "leader."

Thundurus and Tornadus are indeed enemies, but so are Groudon and Kyogre. And just like Rayquaza, Landorus is part of their trio, while keeping them in check. Internal leader.

And I think it's way too early for Sinnoh remakes, as much as I want them. GBA generation brought GB remakes, DS generation brought GBC remakes and now 3DS has given us GBA remakes. Considering Gen. 3 was the first with remakes, and the 20th anniversary's coming up, we might get Kanto remakes in Gen. 6 or Gen. 7 (a FR/LG remake to accompany the R/S remakes) and then get Sinnoh (and possibly Johto) on the next console, presumably in Gen. 7 or Gen. 8 (I'm assuming Gen. 7 will be on the n3DS like Gen. 5 was on the DSi and 2 was on the GBC).

I don't think we will see Gen 4 remakes until 2019, each initial set of remakes seems to come out 5 years apart, ie 2004, 2009, 2014

This how I see it playing out

2013 First Gen 6 instalment
2014 Gen 3 remakes
2015 Next Gen 6 instalment
2016 Gen 1 Remakes
2017 First Gen 7 instalment
2018 Next Gen 7 instalment (seems a bit early I know but Platinum came out a year after DP)
2019 Gen 4 remakes

If they do another Kalos instalment for Gen 6, I hope that they do something more with that massive Sundial that's in Anistar City like making it part of the plot. Like, what the hell is that thing anyway? If there's one thing other than the misshaped plots in X/Y that bothers me, it's that thing as well. All we know is that it supposedly came from outer space and Sycamore uses it to update your Mega-Ring.

For X/Y I thought it was kinda strange that they didn't make a closer connection between Mega-Evolution and the plot about the Kalos War. It felt like they were two separate plots and it was a little confusing, because they built up both plots like they were going to be one whole plot. The only things that I can think of is that Xerneas and Yveltal can manipulate the same life-energy that makes up the Mega and Key Stones, but from what I remember there was no clear-cut connection made between the Legendaries and Mega-Evolution in-game; also, Lysander seemed to be knowledgable about Megas and even has one of his own. But yet, it wasn't like he was after Megas and the Stones themselves, it was the weapon and Legendaries that he was after.

If they do another Kalos instalment for Gen 6, I hope that they do something more with that massive Sundial that's in Anistar City like making it part of the plot. Like, what the hell is that thing anyway? If there's one thing other than the misshaped plots in X/Y that bothers me, it's that thing as well. All we know is that it supposedly came from outer space and Sycamore uses it to update your Mega-Ring.
This is probably a bit out there, but what if the Sundial mega evolves/forme changes Zygarde, or allows AZ's Floette to learn Light of Ruin? Something else I noticed about the Sundial is that it has a similar texture to the ruby/sapphire sphere that surrounds Groudon/Kyogre during Primal Reversion.

Say, I just got a new idea for the future of Gen. VI:

You know how we got the ORAS Demo as a separate app that could transfer items and one Mega Evolution-capable Pokemon? Well, what if we got some 3DS apps that do the opposite regarding all of the Gen. VI games?

Such a practice could allow both players of XY and ORAS to access things like the Strange Souvenir region hinted in XY and the Battle Frontier that was dissapointingly excluded from ORAS.

So what do you guys think?

For X/Y I thought it was kinda strange that they didn't make a closer connection between Mega-Evolution and the plot about the Kalos War. It felt like they were two separate plots and it was a little confusing, because they built up both plots like they were going to be one whole plot. The only things that I can think of is that Xerneas and Yveltal can manipulate the same life-energy that makes up the Mega and Key Stones, but from what I remember there was no clear-cut connection made between the Legendaries and Mega-Evolution in-game; also, Lysander seemed to be knowledgable about Megas and even has one of his own. But yet, it wasn't like he was after Megas and the Stones themselves, it was the weapon and Legendaries that he was after.

i would assume that's because he wanted to wipe out the region and megas were just a side effect of the weapon

i would assume that's because he wanted to wipe out the region and megas were just a side effect of the weapon

It's a possibility, but from my understanding there was not a really clear connection made between the main plot(Team Flare/Legendaries) and the Mega-Evolution "mystery" that our main protagonists were supposed to be investigating with Sycamore and their friends/rivals. My question is that was it done that way on purpose? Or are we supposed to get another Gen 6 installment that ties the two plots in Kalos together? While they did do better with it in ORAS, I hope that doesn't mean that they'll just leave Kalos hanging like that.

It's a possibility, but from my understanding there was not a really clear connection made between the main plot(Team Flare/Legendaries) and the Mega-Evolution "mystery" that our main protagonists were supposed to be investigating with Sycamore and their friends/rivals. My question is that was it done that way on purpose? Or are we supposed to get another Gen 6 installment that ties the two plots in Kalos together? While they did do better with it in ORAS, I hope that doesn't mean that they'll just leave Kalos hanging like that.

Seems to me it were essentially two different plots, that sometimes connected. Team Flare being the main plot, while the Megas were a side plot (and the whole mystery seems just a way to introduce it to the players, cause it was a new mechanic and all and to send the PC on an adventure)

So I don't really see them focussing on that in a next instalment (though I guess they could have made the connection clearer)

z then a plot tying oras,x&y, and sinnoh together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom