• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I remember correctly doesn't the back packer appear in both games. The one that lists all the previous areas and then say those aren't his areas in X and Y. However in ORAS (if it's the same guy not sure) doesn't he contradict himself by saying that Hoenn is his area?

What.........? I didn't even mention the backpacker hahaha Was he in ORAS? I have no knowledge on what he did or didn't say in ORAS if he is in it...........Either way I hope he didn't contradict himself if it's the same person..........? uh.....well....anyway.....I still like my idea for the next possible game even if it won't ever come true lol

No, the SS Backpacker and the Strange Souvenir itself are not in ORAS. For now, it's just an X/Y thing. I've even looked through the entirety of my AlphaSapphire a couple months ago, and no sign of him or the Souvenir.

Serebii.net ItemDex - Strange Souvenir

Ah, ok. So it isn't in ORAS.

I brought it up because there is subtle hints that they are going to a new area soon. The backpacker guy in X and Y says that we will see his region "soon" and in this same conversation he lists off, Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova and Kalos. He further states that none of the listed areas are his region. Again in OR/AS there is another backpacker that looks exactly like this guy in question and he says that Hoenn is his area. That he just came back from a trip to Kalos. Another plot thing is the Ghost girl in X and Y. Another one appears behind Phobe of the Elite four in OR/AS the first time you battle her. What are these ghosts for? Could they be links to another region, I don't know.

There's two holes in your thinking. OR/AS takes place around 10 years before X/Y, so the Backpacker couldn't have come back from the Kalos we had just seen. Also, he is not the first or the last NPC to share the same sprite/model with a million others. So it's not the same guy.

Phoebe's ghost girl is most likely a reference to Pokémon Adventures where her younger sister died and watches over Phoebe's battles. Either that, or it's her grandmother, who seemingly dies during Groudon/Kyogre's rampage. The Hex Girl ghost girl, does appear in both pairs of games, however.

That only further proves it's not found in ORAS, listed under "locations" where it's found. The only way for it to be obtained in ORAS is if you have a Pokémon in X/Y hold it and then trade it over to ORAS.

And the Backpacker you mentioned is most likely not the same one. For one, both ORAS!Hoenn and Kalos have an ass-ton of Backpackers that all look exactly the same. And for two, there's nothing that the Backpacker in ORAS says or does that insinuates he's the same one. He says he's from Hoenn and took a trip to Kalos, whereas the SS Backpacker in X/Y says he's not from Hoenn or any of the other regions and hands you an Item that's clearly meant as a blatant foreshadowing for the future. You don't get anything intriguing whatsoever from the ORAS Backpacker, they're clearly two different guys.

And from what I've been told by lord knows how many people on this forum, E3 does not and has never announced new main series games. They only seem to handle the spin-offs, so the lack of news at E3 concerning the next main series game(s) has nothing to do with its current development stages. It happened because E3 doesn't announce those particular games, period. They may cover a few things already revealed from time to time, but as for right now they don't make the big announcements concerning the main series games. It is still possible that we may get an announcement this fall, and then have a release in the spring of next year 2016.

Last edited:
It does appear in ORAS. If you transfer it over to ORAS from X and Y the statue description says that it's of a mighty Pokemon protector in Hoenn that is if I remember correctly.

OR/AS doesn't take place 10 years before the X and Y because it's directly connected. You can trade and battle each other and all this other stuff is mentioned and the Pokedex has 721 capable and it mentions Sycamore. Also in X and Y they just discovered Mega Evolution. So they moved the time line into that of Kalos.

Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon And Yokai Watch Should Scratch Core Pokémon Itch, Says Nintendo <---- E3

It does appear in ORAS. If you transfer it over to ORAS from X and Y the statue description says that it's of a mighty Pokemon protector in Hoenn that is if I remember correctly.

OR/AS doesn't take place 10 years before the X and Y because it's directly connected. You can trade and battle each other and all this other stuff is mentioned and the Pokedex has 721 capable and it mentions Sycamore. Also in X and Y they just discovered Mega Evolution. So they moved the time line into that of Kalos.

Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon And Yokai Watch Should Scratch Core Pokémon Itch, Says Nintendo <---- E3

I hate to tell u this......but ORAS does place b4 X/Y.....the timeline was confirmed a while ago as FR/LG and ORAS---->HG/SS and D/P---->B/W--->BW2 and X/Y. The references r bc they're not too far away timewise. The reason u can trade between the games is just bc they're in the same Gen......

Anyway this is further derailing the thread as it's about what might happen in the future of Gen 6 and not what has already happened......I'm not sure if the statue will come into play in the games or not, but I still think that if we get an announcement it'll b closer to the timeframe of the XY announcement where it came in January and then the games were hyped throughout the year until the release date lol

Now it is time for X/Y's double remakes such was B2/W2. I strongly believe that idea was beyond amazing because it wouldn't make any sense to play the same game with same graphics over again. Well, Crystal and Emerald made worthless differences such as animated sprites but this is still what it is. And Platinum was over unnecessary to create. For the very first time, Nintendo surprised us with a remake of same generation and created B2/W2 instead of "Gray". I am deeply sure that they keep doing the same thing for next generations.

X2/Y2 rock!

I hate to tell u this......but ORAS does place b4 X/Y.....the timeline was confirmed a while ago as FR/LG and ORAS---->HG/SS and D/P---->B/W--->BW2 and X/Y. The references r bc they're not too far away timewise. The reason u can trade between the games is just bc they're in the same Gen......

Anyway this is further derailing the thread as it's about what might happen in the future of Gen 6 and not what has already happened......I'm not sure if the statue will come into play in the games or not, but I still think that if we get an announcement it'll b closer to the timeframe of the XY announcement where it came in January and then the games were hyped throughout the year until the release date lol

It's not derailing of the topic. It's discussing the future still of the games. Conversation is conversation we are still on topic. I happen to disagree with you. It wasn't 10 years ago was my point.

By appear in ORAS, we mean natively, as in can be found there. Trading it over doesn't count as you still had to get it from XY originally. The description does not change between the games:
We know for a fact the souvenir depicts a pokemon from an as of yet unrevealed region, as the backpacker in xy rattles off the previous main series regions and says he's not from there so it most definitely isn't hoenn.

Official Pokémon Timeline Confirmed by Toshinobu Matsumiya, the Key Member and Scenario Director of Game Freak since R/S - Imgur
At this point we must understand the effect of practicality. We can trade in real time, etc with ORAS because the game is in the same generation, nothing else. BW and B2W2 can trade between each other and they are at 2 years difference iirc. The pokedex being upgraded and other gameplay mechanics are sacrifices made because they're necessary. Why would they make the pokedex not have all the pokemon or megas or any of the new features simply for timeline reasons? Which doesn't make sense as I'll explain in my next point.

Referring to the imgur link, the new timeline...hold onto your butts here as this is speculation territory. Essentially there are 2 timelines, the mega evolution timeline and the no-mega evolution timeline where all the stuff concerning AZ and the weapon did not happen in the same way as we now it. So it goes:

FRLG=RS
HGSS=DP
BW
B2W2=XY without megas

Now I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think this does mean according to Zinnia's exposiion in the Delta Episode that there's another timeline going

Mega version Kanto=ORAS
Mega version Johto=Mega version Sinnoh
Mega version BW
Mega version B2W2=The XY games we have at the moment

This is how most people have interpeted the data given to us, but the point is that ORAS does proceed XY, with references to AZ and other stuff.

This link doesn't reeally support any of what you're saying. You'll need to clarify as it's just talking about Super Mystery Dungeon and there not being a mainline pokemon game this year.

And Platinum was over unnecessary to create. For the very first time, Nintendo surprised us with a remake of same generation and created B2/W2 instead of "Gray". I am deeply sure that they keep doing the same thing for next generations.

X2/Y2 rock!

I'll take B2W2 upgrades over Crystal any day of he week, but Emerald and Platinum did add a significant amount of content. Platinum had expandede pokedex, battle frontier, wi-fi plaza and most importantly increased the damn games speed from the snail paced DP. Emerald had it's own huge battle frontier, new plot, updated teams and more.

It's not derailing of the topic. It's discussing the future still of the games. Conversation is conversation we are still on topic. I happen to disagree with you. It wasn't 10 years ago was my point.

Alright fine it may not b as derailing as it could b, but the fact is that the timeline isn't really up for discussion as it's been officially confirmed.....it's not a matter of disagreeing as much as it is a matter of accepting what the creators have said it to b.......either way I don't want to argue about anything so y not just agree to disagree and drop it b4 things get out of hand.....

Now it is time for X/Y's double remakes such was B2/W2. I strongly believe that idea was beyond amazing because it wouldn't make any sense to play the same game with same graphics over again. Well, Crystal and Emerald made worthless differences such as animated sprites but this is still what it is. And Platinum was over unnecessary to create. For the very first time, Nintendo surprised us with a remake of same generation and created B2/W2 instead of "Gray". I am deeply sure that they keep doing the same thing for next generations.

X2/Y2 rock!

Platinum was definitely not unnecessary. Platinum fixed a huge flaw with DP which was the Sinnoh Dex being poorly balanced, and the new Pokemon made for a significant difference in the game. Throwing in an extra storyline area, the Battle Frontier, and some new forms didn't hurt either.

By appear in ORAS, we mean natively, as in can be found there. Trading it over doesn't count as you still had to get it from XY originally. The description does not change between the games:
We know for a fact the souvenir depicts a pokemon from an as of yet unrevealed region, as the backpacker in xy rattles off the previous main series regions and says he's not from there so it most definitely isn't hoenn.

Official Pokémon Timeline Confirmed by Toshinobu Matsumiya, the Key Member and Scenario Director of Game Freak since R/S - Imgur
At this point we must understand the effect of practicality. We can trade in real time, etc with ORAS because the game is in the same generation, nothing else. BW and B2W2 can trade between each other and they are at 2 years difference iirc. The pokedex being upgraded and other gameplay mechanics are sacrifices made because they're necessary. Why would they make the pokedex not have all the pokemon or megas or any of the new features simply for timeline reasons? Which doesn't make sense as I'll explain in my next point.

Referring to the imgur link, the new timeline...hold onto your butts here as this is speculation territory. Essentially there are 2 timelines, the mega evolution timeline and the no-mega evolution timeline where all the stuff concerning AZ and the weapon did not happen in the same way as we now it. So it goes:

FRLG=RS
HGSS=DP
BW
B2W2=XY without megas

Now I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think this does mean according to Zinnia's exposiion in the Delta Episode that there's another timeline going

Mega version Kanto=ORAS
Mega version BW

This is how most people have interpeted the data given to us, but the point is that ORAS does proceed XY, with references to AZ and other stuff.

This link doesn't reeally support any of what you're saying. You'll need to clarify as it's just talking about Super Mystery Dungeon and there not being a mainline pokemon game this year.

And Platinum was over unnecessary to create. For the very first time, Nintendo surprised us with a remake of same generation and created B2/W2 instead of "Gray". I am deeply sure that they keep doing the same thing for next generations.

X2/Y2 rock!

I'll take B2W2 upgrades over Crystal any day of he week, but Emerald and Platinum did add a significant amount of content. Platinum had expandede pokedex, battle frontier, wi-fi plaza and most importantly increased the damn games speed from the snail paced DP. Emerald had it's own huge battle frontier, new plot, updated teams and more.

First off I completely disagree with you, and another yes it does. Maybe you could learn how to read the entire link and the substance of the page? Go read the context if you haven't of the entire threads of this section since I have started to post. Then come back and ask me this question if it still stands in your mind. But for clarification they said no new Generation game at E3 that the other games are going to have to itch the core game desire.

The particular post I posted was each paragraph was responding to different people on this forum. I couldn't use the quote + button because it wasn't working. That persons posts may have been removed from the forum so it may not make since.

Alright fine it may not b as derailing as it could b, but the fact is that the timeline isn't really up for discussion as it's been officially confirmed.....it's not a matter of disagreeing as much as it is a matter of accepting what the creators have said it to b.......either way I don't want to argue about anything so y not just agree to disagree and drop it b4 things get out of hand.....

I understand your point. However I want to point out that in many cases the teams of creators don't know everything about their game or manga that they are talking about. For instance a widely known one is Akira Toriyama for DB-DBZ and now DBSuper and the movies as of recent. He has contradicted him self hundreds of times about his own product even admitting that he "forgets". And thought I respect and admit that I will second anything a creator says of their own product and so forth because it's theirs. However we have issue with the OR/AS there are statements in OR/AS that talk about Kalos and Mega Evolution just getting discovered into the reaches of the Pokemon Professors (not counting Raquaza's being the first millenniums ago and the dragon tribe knowing of it.). Stating it is "newly discovered". 10 years is a long time for something to be "new" instead of the "newest discovery" so far kind of statement. Changes the whole context of what is being said. So as much as I can respect what that guy has said, there is inconsistency in the actual games when it comes to that excuse. However if that is what they want to say (he may or may not have been apart of the team for the story aspect of the game you have to remember that, he could be spouting that info on a already chosen question panel) than they can contradict themselves all they want and that is the way it is.

Anyway for the future if they remake Pokemon Special Pikachu Edition Yellow Version I hope it has all the areas in it because it's supposed to be a mock up of Ash's journey.

Last edited:
maybe more fairy moves? or form changes? really they said there will be no megas in XY? but whaat with the continuation?

First off I completely disagree with you, and another yes it does.
That's totally ok. What's not is you just stating so and not explaining any further. You seem to have misinterpreted someone disagreeing with you as them arguing with you, leading to you simply refusing to interact with them. This is a forum, the whole point is to discuss and debate. If you're not going to put any effort into showing where you think someone is wrong and then act like you're right anyways then you're just gonna come across as not knowing what you're talking about.
Maybe you could learn how to read the entire link and the substance of the page? Go read the context if you haven't of the entire threads of this section since I have started to post. Then come back and ask me this question if it still stands in your mind. But for clarification they said no new Generation game at E3 that the other games are going to have to itch the core game desire.
All right, let's do this then shall we?
If I remember correctly doesn't the back packer appear in both games. The one that lists all the previous areas and then say those aren't his areas in X and Y. However in ORAS (if it's the same guy not sure) doesn't he contradict himself by saying that Hoenn is his area?

Well this is your first post. The backpacker does not appear in both games, it's just the same model used as has been done countless times already. He doe not contradict himself as it's not the same guy, this is a fact.

And for the second post you basically talk about the hints that we're going to a new region whcih is fine. But then you go on to say they might never make another core series pokemon game which is laughable at best mate. Following that is a huge leap in logic where you conclude that we won't have a pokemon game released until after June 2016 because it was not revealed at/before e3 which is unsubstantial.
The particular post I posted was each paragraph was responding to different people on this forum. I couldn't use the quote + button because it wasn't working. That persons posts may have been removed from the forum so it may not make since.
I haven't seen any post get deleted, but regardless you could simply restate the original point you're talking about. You gotta work with me here.

I understand your point. However I want to point out that in many cases the teams of creators don't know everything about their game or manga that they are talking about. For instance a widely known one is Akira Toriyama for DB-DBZ and now DBSuper and the movies as of recent. He has contradicted him self hundreds of times about his own product even admitting that he "forgets". And thought I respect and admit that I will second anything a creator says of their own product and so forth because it's theirs.
This is irrelevant no? What other people do is up to them, but if GF has officially put out a timeline then we have no reason to not take it as is all things considered. The timeline has been stated officially. You disagreeing with it does not change it, period.
However we have issue with the OR/AS there are statements in OR/AS that talk about Kalos and Mega Evolution just getting discovered into the reaches of the Pokemon Professors (not counting Raquaza's being the first millenniums ago and the dragon tribe knowing of it.). Stating it is "newly discovered". 10 years is a long time for something to be "new" instead of the "newest discovery" so far kind of statement. Changes the whole context of what is being said. So as much as I can respect what that guy has said, there is inconsistency in the actual games when it comes to that excuse. However if that is what they want to say (he may or may not have been apart of the team for the story aspect of the game you have to remember that, he could be spouting that info on a already chosen question panel) than they can contradict themselves all they want and that is the way it is.
The mega evolution being new isn't a contradiction. We've seen how fragmented the regions in the pokemon world are, only referencing other regions at best. Heck even Kanto/Johto aren't sharing their news, since people in kanto act like you (someone from Johto) being in kanto isn't a common occurrence, and they're next to each other! Mega evolution could have been new to hoenn, with the discovery not spreading to kalos even after a long time so it is also new there when they discover it.

But what we must also consider is that we only hear of mega evolution being new by Sycamore, who then proceeds to send us to a town that's known mega evolution for many many decades, to the point there's a guuru and a statue of a mega evolved pokemon. It's probably just Sycamore saying it to the player in all honesty rather than the in-game people. It's a contradiction in the game it's introduced in and further contradicted the more we hear about it but that doesn't change the fact that ORAS happens before XY. There's no disagreeing there, it is a fact according to what we've been told.

But what we must also consider is that we only hear of mega evolution being new by Sycamore, who then proceeds to send us to a town that's known mega evolution for many many decades, to the point there's a guuru and a statue of a mega evolved pokemon. It's probably just Sycamore saying it to the player in all honesty rather than the in-game people. It's a contradiction in the game it's introduced in and further contradicted the more we hear about it but that doesn't change the fact that ORAS happens before XY. There's no disagreeing there, it is a fact according to what we've been told.

Sycamore is the only one who ever refers to Mega Evolution as being "new".

Sycamore said:
See. Wonderful! Everyone's all here! So now that we're all here, I'd like to say a few words. Be the best Trainer you can be! At the same time, remember to have fun traveling with your Pokémon! Also, I want to ask for your help in solving the Kalos region's biggest Pokémon mystery: the secret and potential of Mega Evolution, a new kind of Evolution that occurs in battle! That's why I gave you that Mega Stone just now. It's an important clue!

I believe that quote has been misconstrued as an error for far too long. He never says it's new to him or new to the region. In fact, the way he words it makes it seem like the next step in the player's education of Pokémon, honestly. And considering he knows you need a Mega Ring, Mega Stone, a bond with a Mega Evolvable Pokémon when he shows up in Coumarine City and is implied to have been a student of Gurkinn, he most certainly is not new to Mega Evolution.

The one true retcon in his dialogue is this.

Sycamore said:
And why are there examples of Mega Evolution only in the Kalos region? There's still so much we don't know...

I highly doubt he doesn't know Mega Evolution exists in Kanto (Origins) and Hoenn (OR/AS). In Origins it can be waved away, since the only people who've seen Megazard X or know of its existence are Mr. Fuji, Red and Mewtwo. But in OR/AS? The Champion and Elite 4 use Mega's, the Team Leaders use Mega's, even Wally uses a Mega! Although to be fair, Birch was only interested in the environmental distribution of Pokémon, not studying Mega Evolution. So it's very possible that's why Sycamore didn't know.

But if we get a Megaverse Sinnoh, there is no way to get around that. Sinnoh games precede Kalos games and Rowan mentored Sycamore. Meaning if there were Mega Evolutions in Sinnoh, he would know.

That's totally ok. What's not is you just stating so and not explaining any further. You seem to have misinterpreted someone disagreeing with you as them arguing with you, leading to you simply refusing to interact with them. This is a forum, the whole point is to discuss and debate. If you're not going to put any effort into showing where you think someone is wrong and then act like you're right anyways then you're just gonna come across as not knowing what you're talking about.
Maybe you could learn how to read the entire link and the substance of the page? Go read the context if you haven't of the entire threads of this section since I have started to post. Then come back and ask me this question if it still stands in your mind. But for clarification they said no new Generation game at E3 that the other games are going to have to itch the core game desire.
All right, let's do this then shall we?

Well this is your first post. The backpacker does not appear in both games, it's just the same model used as has been done countless times already. He doe not contradict himself as it's not the same guy, this is a fact.

And for the second post you basically talk about the hints that we're going to a new region whcih is fine. But then you go on to say they might never make another core series pokemon game which is laughable at best mate. Following that is a huge leap in logic where you conclude that we won't have a pokemon game released until after June 2016 because it was not revealed at/before e3 which is unsubstantial.
I haven't seen any post get deleted, but regardless you could simply restate the original point you're talking about. You gotta work with me here.

I understand your point. However I want to point out that in many cases the teams of creators don't know everything about their game or manga that they are talking about. For instance a widely known one is Akira Toriyama for DB-DBZ and now DBSuper and the movies as of recent. He has contradicted him self hundreds of times about his own product even admitting that he "forgets". And thought I respect and admit that I will second anything a creator says of their own product and so forth because it's theirs.
This is irrelevant no? What other people do is up to them, but if GF has officially put out a timeline then we have no reason to not take it as is all things considered. The timeline has been stated officially. You disagreeing with it does not change it, period.
However we have issue with the OR/AS there are statements in OR/AS that talk about Kalos and Mega Evolution just getting discovered into the reaches of the Pokemon Professors (not counting Raquaza's being the first millenniums ago and the dragon tribe knowing of it.). Stating it is "newly discovered". 10 years is a long time for something to be "new" instead of the "newest discovery" so far kind of statement. Changes the whole context of what is being said. So as much as I can respect what that guy has said, there is inconsistency in the actual games when it comes to that excuse. However if that is what they want to say (he may or may not have been apart of the team for the story aspect of the game you have to remember that, he could be spouting that info on a already chosen question panel) than they can contradict themselves all they want and that is the way it is.
The mega evolution being new isn't a contradiction. We've seen how fragmented the regions in the pokemon world are, only referencing other regions at best. Heck even Kanto/Johto aren't sharing their news, since people in kanto act like you (someone from Johto) being in kanto isn't a common occurrence, and they're next to each other! Mega evolution could have been new to hoenn, with the discovery not spreading to kalos even after a long time so it is also new there when they discover it.

I didn't say that it was the mega evolution is the contradiction. I said that in the games they say that it was recently discovered. The contradiction is that Nintendo is saying that these two storys are supposedly "10 years" apart. And you failed to understand that people at press conferences are usually hand picked and have answers already available. The speaker doesn't necessarily know anything they are talking about (that's not to say they don't know anything but it is a high possibility). The example of Akira Toriyama is valid and not the only person in all of game development and show story development to have the issue I have stated.

Contrary to your "Opinion" forums are not designed solely for "debate and discussion." Debate means to disagree. I don't agree with the model of "try to convince.". I will say what I know and it's your choice to accept it or not. I am not willing to argue it and convince you or anyone else. And you're surely not going to drill it into my head to "modernize" to current word views of discussion, and you're surely not going to change my mind. So stop trying to convince me it's not going to work. I will simply share what I know and you can choose to accept it or push it in one ear and out the other if you desire.

As far as discussing is I am okay with that but not "debating" it in a discussion.

FRLG=RS
HGSS=DP
BW
B2W2=XY without megas

Mega version Kanto=ORAS
Mega version BW

X2/Y2 rock!

First off I completely disagree with you, and another yes it does. Maybe you could learn how to read the entire link and the substance of the page? Go read the context if you haven't of the entire threads of this section since I have started to post. Then come back and ask me this question if it still stands in your mind. But for clarification they said no new Generation game at E3 that the other games are going to have to itch the core game desire.

I understand your point. However I want to point out that in many cases the teams of creators don't know everything about their game or manga that they are talking about. For instance a widely known one is Akira Toriyama for DB-DBZ and now DBSuper and the movies as of recent. He has contradicted him self hundreds of times about his own product even admitting that he "forgets". And thought I respect and admit that I will second anything a creator says of their own product and so forth because it's theirs. However we have issue with the OR/AS there are statements in OR/AS that talk about Kalos and Mega Evolution just getting discovered into the reaches of the Pokemon Professors (not counting Raquaza's being the first millenniums ago and the dragon tribe knowing of it.). Stating it is "newly discovered". 10 years is a long time for something to be "new" instead of the "newest discovery" so far kind of statement. Changes the whole context of what is being said. So as much as I can respect what that guy has said, there is inconsistency in the actual games when it comes to that excuse. However if that is what they want to say (he may or may not have been apart of the team for the story aspect of the game you have to remember that, he could be spouting that info on a already chosen question panel) than they can contradict themselves all they want and that is the way it is.

Anyway for the future if they remake Pokemon Special Pikachu Edition Yellow Version I hope it has all the areas in it because it's supposed to be a mock up of Ash's journey.

I get that there might seem to b inconsistency's, but saying mega evolution is new is not that far off. In real life 10 years is not that long in terms of research of major discoveries. Also the guy that stated the timeline has worked on every main game except Red and green, their remakes, and ORAS as scenario. So I imagine he knows what he's talking about and isn't just saying stuff that isn't true....

I didn't say that it was the mega evolution is the contradiction. I said that in the games they say that it was recently discovered. The contradiction is that Nintendo is saying that these two storys are supposedly "10 years" apart. And you failed to understand that people at press conferences are usually hand picked and have answers already available.

What on EARTH are you talking about?
tumblr_nf71l5fHUW1r36bj2o5_75sq.gif

The official storyboarder for GameFreak, AKA the guy who has planned out the plot of ALL the games since Gold and Silver confirmed that the timeline is:

Kanto = Hoenn ---> Johto = Sinnoh ---> Unova part 1 ---> Unova part 2 = Kalos

And he didn't confirm it at any press conference, he put it on Twitter as a reply to a fan's question about the timeline just hours before OR/AS was officially announced on May 7th, 2014. So I think he knows what he's talking about.
tumblr_n407w9iWR61r36bj2o6_75sq.gif

I'll take the word of an official GameFreak employee who's been around since the late 90's over a fan claiming that the same employee MIGHT be wrong about the timeline. Now, please. Let's get back on topic.

I didn't say that it was the mega evolution is the contradiction. I said that in the games they say that it was recently discovered. The contradiction is that Nintendo is saying that these two storys are supposedly "10 years" apart. And you failed to understand that people at press conferences are usually hand picked and have answers already available. The speaker doesn't necessarily know anything they are talking about (that's not to say they don't know anything but it is a high possibility). The example of Akira Toriyama is valid and not the only person in all of game development and show story development to have the issue I have stated.

I'm just gonna redirect you to TheMonster6893 and BlackButterfree's posts on this one.
Contrary to your "Opinion" forums are not designed solely for "debate and discussion." Debate means to disagree. I don't agree with the model of "try to convince.".
forum
ˈfɔːrəm/
noun
noun: forum; plural noun: forums; plural noun: fora

1.a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged

It seems forums ARE designed for people with different views to try to express and convince others of their viewpoints in reasonable discussion.
Debate means to disagree. I don't agree with the model of "try to convince.".
Right so hold on here, your idea is that you're going to state your view and whether I accept it or not is up to me. So I choose to disagree right, should be fine? Nope. Because you then say you're not willing to argue (reasonable) or convince others (unreasonable) of your views. So what exactly do you want us to do? We either agree with your posts or just completely ignore them? You haven't quite thought this through.
As far as discussing is I am okay with that but not "debating" it in a discussion.
1411423120550.png
So this whole time you've just been all wound up over the use of the word debate? Really? So how do I change my posts from debating to discussing, pray tell. Isn't that what we're doing now? From now on if I say I'm willing to 'discuss' instead of 'debate' will you respond properly to my posts?

Ok ok I think the discussion has been beaten to death. EVERYONE DISAGREES YAY! lol.....Let's maybe get back onto a topic in which nobody will get into trouble? Anyone have any good ideas they want to share of what the next game(s) in Gen 6 could b like? I like hearing other peoples ideas.....even tho I feel like it leads me to b sad that those ideas may never become reality hahaha

I'm just gonna redirect you to TheMonster6893 and BlackButterfree's posts on this one.
Contrary to your "Opinion" forums are not designed solely for "debate and discussion." Debate means to disagree. I don't agree with the model of "try to convince.".
forum
ˈfɔːrəm/
noun
noun: forum; plural noun: forums; plural noun: fora

1.a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged

It seems forums ARE designed for people with different views to try to express and convince others of their viewpoints in reasonable discussion.
Debate means to disagree. I don't agree with the model of "try to convince.".
Right so hold on here, your idea is that you're going to state your view and whether I accept it or not is up to me. So I choose to disagree right, should be fine? Nope. Because you then say you're not willing to argue (reasonable) or convince others (unreasonable) of your views. So what exactly do you want us to do? We either agree with your posts or just completely ignore them? You haven't quite thought this through.
View attachment 98354
So this whole time you've just been all wound up over the use of the word debate? Really? So how do I change my posts from debating to discussing, pray tell. Isn't that what we're doing now? From now on if I say I'm willing to 'discuss' instead of 'debate' will you respond properly to my posts?

Yeah I have thought it through very thoroughly. And you already hit the nail on the head. You don't like it than don't reply to waste your time.

Ok ok I think the discussion has been beaten to death. EVERYONE DISAGREES YAY! lol.....Let's maybe get back onto a topic in which nobody will get into trouble? Anyone have any good ideas they want to share of what the next game(s) in Gen 6 could b like? I like hearing other peoples ideas.....even tho I feel like it leads me to b sad that those ideas may never become reality hahaha
As far as what could happen maybe they will add a new mechanic to the game series. Like 4-6 vs 4-6. Maybe all Pokemon final stages Mega Evolving and a few special ones as well like Pikachu or something.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom