• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it will be come Gen 6.5. GF added with a patch more Pokémon, or make a new Game in Kalos please with the Battle Frontier.

If they didn't release a patch for X & Y to include the new Mega Evolutions ORAS introduced then I highly doubt they'd do it here.

I think that there's a chance that we might get New Pokémon in the next Kalos installment but besides that I don't see them releasing a patch for X & Y and ORAS.

This! I think there's a huge chance of generation 6.5; however, I also believe there is a slim to none chance of a patch. But you never know. GF seems to be against any type of patch, but maybe that would be their surprise this generation. I love how none of us can exactly one hundred percent predict what's coming next. It's a great time to be a Pokémon fan indeed.

Last edited:
It's been mentioned before, but XY and ORAS can't have DLC as neither were built with the idea in mind and mechanically it's not possible. The only way we'd get anything like new forms and Megas is by moving on to the next game.

Last edited:
If (and I mean if) there is new Pokemon in the next game and it's this "6.5" you people are talking about, then they aren't going to patch XY and ORAS to include them. Because they'll use the new Pokemon as a major selling feature for the new game (these aren't just Megas, these are whole new Pokemon). What I mean is, if they were to patch XY and ORAS to include them then people could just use the GTS in XYORAS to get the new Pokemon and not have to buy the new game. It wouldn't make sense from a financial point of view as they want to make money from the latest game.

...if they were to patch XY and ORAS to include them then people could just use the GTS in XYORAS to get the new Pokemon and not have to buy the new game. It wouldn't make sense from a financial point of view as they want to make money from the latest game.

Yeah I think this is something else to take into consideration when talking about patching X & Y and ORAS (in relation to what is being discussed above about a Generation 6.5).

I don't know where this "Gen 6.5" talk first started, but I just can't see Game Freak creating an entirely new set of Pokémon in the middle of a generation.

Looks like one Scrafty individual managed to take a pic of the blob.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CKOXoG9UAAAKlVo.jpg:large

The sketches looked better imho.

first of all its in English, so there's that, 2nd of all its coming through the o and it's clear that it's not fully out, 3rd that animation looks WAY out of date and on par with 1999. probably fake

If you check serebii, the promo image for the hoopa movie had the words 'Pokémon the movie XY' in English. Not saying it was exactly the same for next year's movie, I wasn't there. But, there is the possibility that this is low quality because it's zoomed all the way in on a iPhone or something in a movie theatre, not because it's fake. Don't get me wrong, I'm not giving it my Seel of approval either, which is why I said looks like.

I don't know where this "Gen 6.5" talk first started, but I just can't see Game Freak creating an entirely new set of Pokémon in the middle of a generation.

Why not though? I remember reading about Junichi Masuda saying that they're always trying to surprise us. It would indeed be very surprising if they did do this.

I don't see anything that would point to New Pokémon not being able to be introduced halfway thorough a generation. I said this previously and I'll say it again, there's a first time for everything.

Also haven't they already introduced "New Pokémon" this generation back when ORAS was released with 20 New Mega Evolutions? I'm not directing this towards you (I don't know if you share the same thought) but rather the people who were saying this back when X & Y were released that Mega Pokémon do indeed/can count as "New Pokémon". Are the people who were saying this change their thoughts about Mega Evolutions counting as "New Pokémon"? I mean yes they're new in the sense that these are forms for existing Pokémon that we have never seen or gotten the chance to use but not new in the actual sense of new Pokémon species new.

I believe the website in question has confirmed that's a fake image.

Could you throw me a Cubone and send me a link to that, please? I can't find it, but I'm pretty terrible at looking for stuff like that.

Are the people who were saying this change their thoughts about Mega Evolutions counting as "New Pokémon"? I mean yes they're new in the sense that these are forms for existing Pokémon that we have never seen or gotten the chance to use but not new in the actual sense of new Pokémon species new.

Some people still see them as more akin to a forme change rather than a natural evolution. It might have helped if GameFreak gave them their own unique names to go with the evolution rather than simply slapping the term mega in front of it.

Ampharos King said:
I don't know where this "Gen 6.5" talk first started

People have been speculating mid-gen new Pokes since Gen 6 began, and it was pretty major discussion on this website around 2 years ago. Some didn't understand why so few new Pokemon were introduced, but a common census was that it was because of Mega Evolutions, and GameFreak possibly considering them as whole new species in their own right. If such is the case, then we've technically have already seen "pseudo" mid-gen Pokes in ORAS like Quetsol was saying.

(On another note: That eye(?) has to be fake, that is a bit too simplistic even by Gen 1 standards.)

If we get a new batch of Pokemon, that would mean we would be unable to transfer them to XY or ORAS, otherwise the hackers would have already found out about them (like with Diancie, Hoopa, Volcanion, Mega Lati@s, Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves). I'm not supporting nor denying the new batch idea, it's just something that should be pointed out.

Looks like one Scrafty individual managed to take a pic of the blob.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CKOXoG9UAAAKlVo.jpg:large

The sketches looked better imho.

first of all its in English, so there's that, 2nd of all its coming through the o and it's clear that it's not fully out, 3rd that animation looks WAY out of date and on par with 1999. probably fake

Um even in Japan they use the "Pokemon" logo in English for part of the title. So this could possibly b real if there's not full on proof that it is in fact fake.... It could b fake, but calling it on the English title isn't viable. Second the blob is I think suppose to come out of the "O" anyway. As for the art work, they could just animate it a little different than we're currently use to.

Edit:Here's the teaser title for this years movie from last year.
M18.jpg

Last edited:

Just because they didn't do it before doesn't mean they can't do it.

And with all those hackers spreading info all over the net, I wouldn't be surprised if GF decided to release games one by one that aren't compatible with each other, like how the new megas aren't included in XY (except mega lati@s), so we can't know what's up for the next games. They did say they wanted to surprise the consumers so they might have taken some measures against spoilers.

So juat saying - ANYTHING is possible at this point. Can't rule out stuff just because it's never happened before.

But we're not in the middle of a generation we're in the end the final games not the middle ones why release new pokemon this game when it'll be the selling point of the next one

This. I'm skeptical about them introducing more Pokemon in the last game of a generation because there's just going to be more immediately after.

But we're not in the middle of a generation we're in the end the final games not the middle ones why release new pokemon this game when it'll be the selling point of the next one

This. I'm skeptical about them introducing more Pokemon in the last game of a generation because there's just going to be more immediately after.

Did GF or Nintendo specifically, officially say that whatever is next will be the last game of this generation? If so, I'd like a link.

Sorry everyone, I was away for the weekend and I just got back. So I went on Serebii and it looks like new pokemon. Seems like gen 7 is coming but I thought we were getting another pair of games before that. If this is Gen 7, then I am disappointed that Zygarde would be left without an improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom