• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

They might not tell the entire story though. Zygarde has been established to be a Kalos legendary and has an implied connection with Xerneas/Yveltal, what are they going to do to elaborate on that in Sun and Moon?
What if there's a second Zygarde in Alola? Which means that Alola has its own Zygarde.

Also, what if Zygarde is the third legendary of Solgaleo and Lunala?
Zygarde represents the Earth, Solgaleo the Sun and Lunala the Moon.

If Gamefreak finally breaks the traditions the link between anime and game, will we see characters from the anime into the game (For example Ash, Alain, Gary, and Paul will be introduced in the game), and The character from the game will be introduced in the anime (For example Red, Blue, Silver, and Zinnia will be introduced in the anime), What do you think?
Game characters are always introduced in the anime...it's not anything new. As for anime characters in the games? They've been having trainers cameo since Gen IV. Butler and Diane from M06, and Rebecca from M07 had a cameo (that was missed by the localization team) in Gen IV. There was also artwork of Sir Aaron done by Game Freak even though he was an anime character, who eventually inspired Riley in DPPt.

What if there's a second Zygarde in Alola? Which means that Alola has its own Zygarde.

Zygarde needs multiple cores so obviously there's "more than one" Zygarde depending on how many cells are gathered around each core. It doesn't really change the fact that people are clinging at straws regarding Zygarde and Z versions, especially since we don't even know its role in the games.

Zygrade isn't the third bevause it the third for Kalos and it's has nothing to do with the light power such as Sun and Moon light
It must be Ecplise honestly maybe Sun Pokémon and Moon Pokémon might fuse as one or can be possible summon the Eclipse Pokémon out from another dimension it's a theory maybe hidden dimension world

My question why is their 2 Zygrades though I could understand in the tv anime their more then one Lengadary Pokémon

In the movie Squishy was able to transform in its 100% form by itself but in the tv anime Squishy and Z2fuse as one maybe they can both turn into the final form on their own but they can't stay as long enough??

Last edited:
Zygrade isn't the third bevause it the third for Kalos and it's has nothing to do with the light power such as Sun and Moon light
It must be Ecplise honestly maybe Sun Pokémon and Moon Pokémon might fuse as one or can be possible summon the Eclipse Pokémon out from another dimension it's a theory maybe hidden dimension world
So who would you say is the Eclipse Pokemon? Marshadow the Mythical who'll at best be like Darkrai through event?

So who would you say is the Eclipse Pokemon? Marshadow the Mythical who'll at best be like Darkrai through event?
Gold and Silver didn't have an obvious third version legendary and went with Suicune. Giratina wasn't even the landslide winner in terms of fan predictions when people were speculating about Platinum.

There's the Island Guardians, and Tapu Koko taking a particular liking to the main character. Game Freak has, on multiple occasions, included new forms for legendaries between versions, and in Gen V, a fusion between Kyurem and the other two dragons became the mascot for sequels. Some people have speculated originally that the Tapu would merge into one single Pokemon, and the Strange Souvenir looks nothing like either of them, so there's that possibility.

And this isn't even taking into consideration that there may not be an Eclipse version.

Gold and Silver didn't have an obvious third version legendary and went with Suicune. Giratina wasn't even the landslide winner in terms of fan predictions when people were speculating about Platinum.

There's the Island Guardians, and Tapu Koko taking a particular liking to the main character. Game Freak has, on multiple occasions, included new forms for legendaries between versions, and in Gen V, a fusion between Kyurem and the other two dragons became the mascot for sequels. Some people have speculated originally that the Tapu would merge into one single Pokemon, and the Strange Souvenir looks nothing like either of them, so there's that possibility.

And this isn't even taking into consideration that there may not be an Eclipse version.
I just don't see a third version after at least nine years. Why go back to a single version if you can make more money with two versions? Game Freak is a business after all.

Sequels could be possible. But we'll only really know after Sun and Moon. So let's talk then.

Unkown we still have to wait
Do you know how many new Pokémon will their be in this region

I been trying to tell the gamefreak owner if their is another version is it possible for hidden island will raises to the surface from the sea to show new hidden Pokémon based on African Pokémon like pryroar, Alola Rhino with Abrork and other new Pokémon like elephants and other African Pokémon such as cheetahs and African wild dog will be great
They will find the underwater cave by diving for the entrance

Last edited:
Unkown we still have to wait
Do you know how many new Pokémon will their be in this region

I been trying to tell the gamefreak owner of theirbis another version is it possible for hidden island will raise to the surface from the sea to show new hidden Pokémon based on African Pokémon like pryroar, Alola Rhino with Abrork and other new Pokémon like elephants and other African Pokémon
73 = New Pokemon
8 = Ultra Beasts
18 = Alolan Forms

So the options for the future:

- Sequels (This isn't possible to decide yet.)

- Prequels (This, I feel, seems unlikely due to Alola already feeling so traditional and natural. But let's wait for Sun and Moon first before deciding.)

- Gen IV remakes (This, I feel, will be on the Switch)

- Third Version (This, I feel, has almost no chance of happening)

- Gen 8 in 2018 (This, I feel, has a chance of happening. But I am in the minority here.)

That's what I'm thinking. Zygarde is the third legendary for both 6th gen and 7th gen. Zygarde is stated to protect the environment, or to put it another way, the Earth, which would also relate it to Solgaleo and Lunala. And if you notice, Zygarde Complete has 4 colors, Red, Orange, and two shades of Blue. Those colors correspond perfectly with XY and SM's motifs and mascots. I think whatever's going on with Zygarde, it'll tie 6th gen and 7th gen together. Again though, I doubt Xerneas/Yvetal will show up in SM, that would take the focus off Solgaleo and Lunala. The game after SM would probably reinclude Xerneas and Yveltal and wrap up this entire mystery, and if they do it that way that would set the stage for a return to Kalos.

The game after SM would probably reinclude Xerneas and Yveltal and wrap up this entire mystery, and if they do it that way that would set the stage for a return to Kalos.
That's a loose use of the word "probably". I don't see any evidence that Game Freak care all that much about Zygarde's connection to any other legendaries; they're promoting it as a standalone Pokemon with multiple forms. If they wanted, they could just have Dexio and Sina explain the connection to Kalos and call it a day.

The idea of reusing Xerneas and Yveltal as mascots so soon is hardly a convincing one.

Last edited:
So the options for the future:

- Sequels (This isn't possible to decide yet.)

- Prequels (This, I feel, seems unlikely due to Alola already feeling so traditional and natural. But let's wait for Sun and Moon first before deciding.)

- Gen IV remakes (This, I feel, will be on the Switch)

- Third Version (This, I feel, has almost no chance of happening)

- Gen 8 in 2018 (This, I feel, has a chance of happening. But I am in the minority here.)

For me:
- Gen 7 in 2016
- Pokemon Sun and Moon (Nintendo Switch) in 2017
-Gen IV remake in 2017
-Gen 8 in 2018

I pretty sure they are not making Sun and Moon both a 3DS game and Nintendo Switch game. SM would be 3DS games and probably the next pair. I have no idea if Nintendo Switch plays 3DS games but maybe not. Gen 8 should be the first main series games to be on the Switch.

Hopefully we won't see gen 8 for a while since I doubt SM would be that amazing. SM will be great games to play but I don't believe they will be good enough for the gen to be considered complete.

For me:
- Gen 7 in 2016
- Pokemon Sun and Moon (Nintendo Switch) in 2017
-Gen IV remake in 2017
-Gen 8 in 2018
This schedule would never work. Where's Gen VII's break year?

I think that it would rather be this or the next one:
2016 - Sun and Moon
2017 - Spin-offs
2018 - Gen VIII (Switch)

2016 - Sun and Moon
2017 Spin-offs
2018 - Sinnoh remakes (Switch)

This schedule would never work. Where's Gen VII's break year?

I think that it would rather be this or the next one:
2016 - Sun and Moon
2017 - Spin-offs
2018 - Gen VIII (Switch)

2016 - Sun and Moon
2017 Spin-offs
2018 - Sinnoh remakes (Switch)
Neither of those would work. Sinnoh remakes should stay on the same handheld as SM and it is too soon for gen 8. Spin-offs are very likely though.

Neither of those would work. Sinnoh remakes should stay on the same handheld as SM and it is too soon for gen 8. Spin-offs are very likely though.
Why should Sinnoh remakes be in the Gen 7 instead of Gen 8? Gen 7 feels like Gen 5 to me, so no remakes this generation.

I don't see in two years as early. People still assumed that Gen 7 was too early in January and February of this year. But let's just wait for Sun and Moon. Sequels could still be on the table.

Back
Top Bottom