• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

It is more possible to be in the post-game. Or as an event pokemon like Hoopa.

It is more possible to be in the post-game. Or as an event pokemon like Hoopa.

I doubt they'd make it event exclusive when we basically have/have access to "half" of Zygarde already.
I hope the cell collecting theory comes into play in the post game though, and we have to travel to newer/places we couldn't access before, to obtain them all ect, and gain Complete Zygarde that way.

As much as I want justice for Zygarde in some shape or form, I pray they don't make it central to the main story in SM. Unless it's a mention, that will help it make more sense in the post game.

There is either an advanced civilization deep in a forest somewhere or she will be only an event. I am thinking the latter is the most probable.

and not that developed people.

"Not that developed"

So...what do you call Hoenn, which has the same tropical feel minus the large amount of dark skinned individuals? What do you call Johto, a region that places a greater importance to tradition than Kanto? What do you call Drayden, especially in Black/Black 2, living in one of the most advanced cities in the game, but clearly taking on a "traditional guardian of an ancient artifact" role? All regions have kept historically significant landmarks (e.g., Kalos with those grave stones; Johto with its light house, burned tower, and tin tower etc.) so why is Alola being singled out for one scene with totems?

You've literally seen only the starting town and glimpses of a port city, the latter of which looked just as advanced as any other city in the game.

So....what makes these people "not that developed"?

I doubt they'd make it event exclusive when we basically have/have access to "half" of Zygarde already.
I hope the cell collecting theory comes into play in the post game though, and we have to travel to newer/places we couldn't access before, to obtain them all ect, and gain Complete Zygarde that way.

As much as I want justice for Zygarde in some shape or form, I pray they don't make it central to the main story in SM. Unless it's a mention, that will help it make more sense in the post game.
Zygarde cell collecting would be an AMAZING post game feature. But this requires the Zygarde's involvement in Aloha region, which is unlikely. Or return to Kalos :p

Zygarde cell collecting would be an AMAZING post game feature. But this requires the Zygarde's involvement in Aloha region, which is unlikely. Or return to Kalos :p

I'd love a return to Kalos, but unfortunately I think it's a bit too much to ask... especially after the trailer yesterday, and thinking that isn't the whole region we've seen just yet, it would be EFFORT to scale Kalos in the same way now, and add it into the mix on top of this new region.

I'd honestly be cool with some kind of post game episode for Zygarde like with the Delta episode.

"Not that developed"

So...what do you call Hoenn, which has the same tropical feel minus the large amount of dark skinned individuals? What do you call Johto, a region that places a greater importance to tradition than Kanto? What do you call Drayden, especially in Black/Black 2, living in one of the most advanced cities in the game, but clearly taking on a "traditional guardian of an ancient artifact" role? All regions have kept historically significant landmarks (e.g., Kalos with those grave stones; Johto with its light house, burned tower, and tin tower etc.) so why is Alola being singled out for one scene with totems?

You've literally seen only the starting town and glimpses of a port city, the latter of which looked just as advanced as any other city in the game.

So....what makes these people "not that developed"?

Well I think that picking shuch a tropical region and introducing a robot legendary pokemon in it and maybe something like the Azoth kingdome isn't really a wise choice. Magearna would have been perfect in a futuristic region which had a really technologie orientated people like the Azeoth kingdome. It's not really the first time they made such a choice, they introduced the musketeers in Unova rather then a France based region like Kalos. Hope Magearna gets some back story and maybe a suited special location where we can get it (miss those unloked event locations and quests)

Well I think that picking shuch a tropical region and introducing a robot legendary pokemon in it and maybe something like the Azoth kingdome isn't really a wise choice. Magearna would have been perfect in a futuristic region which had a really technologie orientated people like the Azeoth kingdome. It's not really the first time they made such a choice, they introduced the musketeers in Unova rather then a France based region like Kalos. Hope Magearna gets some back story and maybe a suited special location where we can get it (miss those unloked event locations and quests)
Magearna and Azoth are implied to be fairly steampunk-ish, so i don't really think the fact that Alola is a tropical region really rules it out. could always be a sort of nod to how indigenous populations were fairly advanced technologically. of course, event Pokemon don't always have to make sense anyways (see: Gen VI's).

Yes, the region name feels a bit uninspired, especially for players from the US, who know the name of this US state well.

But I like it.

It would be like if they called Kalos the "Bonjoar" region as in Bonjour lol. It does lack depth. Though the name Kalos at first took a while to settle in, I still think this one will take longer and I'll just end up saying Aloha all the time aha.

I don't know if anyone's mentioned or noticed what look like that diamond from the Jp game covers logos on the mascots, I tried to highlight them here:

3sunboxbig.png

moonboxbig.png

Just thought it was interesting, will be nice to see if it has some sort of relevance to anything else in the game.

^To bad Unova is usually pronounced as "You-Nuh-Vuh" instead of "You-Noh-Vuh."
I'm loving the mascots more and more now that it seems like Solgaleo is partially based off of an astronaut and Lunaala is partially based off of a satellite.

Do they call it you-nuh-vuh in the anime, or something? I've literally never heard that pronunciation before XD

And as for Magearna, I think she could fit any region, Alola included. Every region has their lore, which is generally quite old. Alola is likely no different. I hope she's not event exclusive because I love her and everyone should have access to her ;-;

Back
Top Bottom