• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

Have you seen the clothes they sell at clubhouses? No way would I want that to be the only place ot shop.

I imagine there will be a boutique of some kind in the Honolulu city. Probably a section of the regional department store.
Hmm, I suppose it's possible that she doesn't have a living creature in there, but how do you explain the sounds and the bag moving?

I will remind you that this series centers around taking animal-like creatures and storing them digitally in smooth spheres with no air holes, and that many pokemon have no need or way to breathe.

No you're absolutely right with your point. I think I'm either taking a Philosophy course that I'm enrolled in way too seriously, or I'm subconsciously annoyed with Squishy and Dedenne popping out of a bag. I guess maybe I really want there to be some new original concept aside from a Pokemon hiding in a bag. I guess I will add, doesn't Magearna look a tad big to be stuck in a bag anyway?

No you're absolutely right with your point. I think I'm either taking a Philosophy course that I'm enrolled in way too seriously, or I'm subconsciously annoyed with Squishy and Dedenne popping out of a bag. I guess maybe I really want there to be some new original concept aside from a Pokemon hiding in a bag. I guess I will add, doesn't Magearna look a tad big to be stuck in a bag anyway?
Not to mention how heavy Magearna is anyways. :p It's 3'03" tall and weighs 177.5 lbs, there's no way that Lili is able to carry her around in that bag.

Not to mention how heavy Magearna is anyways. :p It's 3'03" tall and weighs 177.5 lbs, there's no way that Lili is able to carry her around in that bag.
That's true, but then again, this is far from the first time that Pokemon size has been messed up.

I probably name one of my game's character Solar and the other by my first name (not my username of the forums). I have no idea what name related to the moon I could use for my male character in Moon. Luna is for a female character so that won't work. I wonder if I could use Dark Moon? Anyway, if the official names for the main characters of Sun and Moon are release then I might use them.

If you're planning more than one playthrough of SM and already have a good name for a female character then it would be a pretty cool idea to play as a girl for one of the playthroughs. It's always neat to play as the other gender since it can become a pretty different game all together. I've done this a few times including a recent X run and I had a lot of fun seeing all the differences and especially trying out the larger selection of clothes available to the girls.

If you're planning more than one playthrough of SM and already have a good name for a female character then it would be a pretty cool idea to play as a girl for one of the playthroughs. It's always neat to play as the other gender since it can become a pretty different game all together. I've done this a few times including a recent X run and I had a lot of fun seeing all the differences and especially trying out the larger selection of clothes available to the girls.
I rather stick to my own gender. It feels wrong for me to play a female character. It feels right and normal to play my own gender. Also I am straight too which is another reason for me playing the male character.

I always play the female character. I have only picked the male character one or twice on my first time with Emerald and possibly LeafGreen.

I also think that it's possible for Magearna to be inside that bag. Because I am tired of hearing that Mythical Pokemon can't appear somewhere in a main game due to being Event Pokemon which need real-life events to access.

Why can't Lillie, a NPC, have a Mythical Pokemon which isn't available to the player?

Why can't Lillie, a NPC, have a Mythical Pokemon which isn't available to the player?
Probably because it would be an even bigger tease than just the mere existence of the Pokémon itself. Having a Pokémon show up in the game, unobtainable to you by all means except for the event distribution, is a bigger slap in the face IMO than it already is for those people. Especially to those who can't even get the events in the first place.

Maybe she isn't carrying Magearna in the bag, but maybe it's a pokemon like Iwanko that would compliment whatever starter the pc choses. CoroCoro did state that Iwanko and the starters would be important in somewhat the same fashion. Hell maybe she IS the champion of Alola just now becoming the champion, and left the E4 briefly to further explore her new region. She could help the pc with missions, and hand out TM/HM's, other items, and most of all advice since she just became a new champion for her first time.

Maybe she has the starter strong against the one the player chooses? I get that she supposedly doesn't like to fight but she'll need protection herself for the various dangers that she may encounter. Edit: We get our next batch of news literally next Friday.

Last edited:
I still would like it to be Magearna in Lillie's bag, but some people speculate that she has a Zygarde Core inside the bag. They say that the cry is similar to the Zygarde Core from the anime.

Pew sounds nothing like the rororororo of Squishy. Not even close.

I thinl we will get one or more of on July 1st
The first leader
The evil Team
2-3 new Pokemon
New Bracelet Mechanic
Other Features like RotoDex, perhaps sidequest confirmation
Zygarde Relation to the plot

Since both a Zygarde Core and Magearna seem unlikely, how about she has a Iwanko in her bag?

She could be part of the secret that the starters and Iwanko share. The other three could be Hau, Selene and Elio.

Since both a Zygarde Core and Magearna seem unlikely, how about she has a Iwanko in her bag?

She could be part of the secret that the starters and Iwanko share. The other three could be Hau, Selene and Elio.

I just posted the same thing lmao! It's a neat idea for sure.

Yeah I prefer she was apart of that secret that is shared with Iwanko and starters. I think we would get Zygarde in the 10% form post game.

I could see this as an Azura type secret. She has one of those Pokemon and they have this weird power. Maybe telepathy?

Or they could be related to the evil team leader?

But anyway, I'm expecting two megas to be showcased with this new info, as well as explanations on the 'forms' of the legendaries. We could see the third one too.

What if Lillie stole/liberated a Pokemon, and is trying to bring it somewhere? It's not the Pokemon's species that makes it so significant, but where she got it.

What if Lillie stole/liberated a Pokemon, and is trying to bring it somewhere? It's not the Pokemon's species that makes it so significant, but where she got it.

That could work. But the question would be why she stole it and how. it's not easy for someone to steal a Pokemon from an evil team (unless you're Ash Ketchum).

Maybe they explain more about Lillie near the release date of the games? Right now, I think they are concentrating in showing us new pokemon.

I rather stick to my own gender. It feels wrong for me to play a female character. It feels right and normal to play my own gender. Also I am straight too which is another reason for me playing the male character.

I'm curious as to what sexual orientation has to do with choosing a gender in a video game? Plenty of heterosexual people choose to play as their opposite genders while playing games.

Back
Top Bottom