• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

The third legendary is:
Necrozma, that black Pokemon leaked in CoroCoro.
Or that's what people assume.

The third legendary is:

I've heard about it, and its stats point to something like Zygarde.
Also, someone on 4chan separated Necrozma's body parts, and rejoined them into what looked like a robotic dinosaur with many parts missing. So, a Zygarde thing might be going on with Necrozma, which may lead into a Psychic/Dragon third legend.

The situations between the GB/GBC & 3DS/Switch are very different, but GF having the third entry on a different console to the predecessors isn't completely unheard of. It happened back in 2000 with Crystal, that was a GBC exclusive.

So, who will a buy a Switch if Stars is real?

It depends on the Switch's line up. If the Smash port rumours are real I'll likely end up with one relatively quickly. Stars would make it more justifiable.

Last edited:
I really don't know why are you telling people who want to believe this thing to take it as a grain of salt. It's someone's opinion if they want to take it as a 'grain of salt'. For all we know, it might be real.

Heading onto Pokemon Star, I'm ready for it. I've got a theory that it might be the 'Parent Game' of XY and SM some people were taking about. The game could incorporate both their 'Star' regions- Alola and Kalos into one game. This game would contain the highlights of both Kalos and Alola. It could act as a 'Semi-Generation', introducing some more Megas and Alola forms. I would also like to see expansion on the Battle Bond, with more starters added which can have this as an ability.
Xerneas and Yevtal could get 'perfect forms', and there could be something in the way of a third legendary to complement Solgaleo and Lunala.

The Switch would be able to handle these games better than any 3DS, just my idea of an unpredictable 'Epic' game. Pokemon Star could be the true anniversary game.

These games could contain both Gyms, and Island trials, and would focus on the best things of Kalos and Alola. They could expand on SM and XY's storylines, adding more areas, and maybe we could meet Lillie again?

It would be one epic game, acting as a bridge between XY and SM. This idea of a 'Semi-New Generation' would be surprising.

And, maybe they would create a 3DS version of these games, or the games could be used on a 3DS?
That's a good theory :D , I've never thought of it that way, I was just surprised that GF would do a third game again, but what doesn't make sense is that it's on Switch, and people are still getting use to 3DS, especially the Sun and Moon sales, not only that, when there's a new system, they always started it off on a new gen, having a third version on switch first doesn't make sense, if they wanted to do a third version they could've did it on 3ds, now they only way to play pokemon star is to get a switch, what if you can't afford a switch, plus we don't know the price on the switch till 2017

Where is this Stars thing came from? Is that the name of a potential third version? I thought it would be called Eclipse that would be released in 2017 but no one can really predict the title of the next games.

Where is this Stars thing came from? Is that the name of a potential third version? I thought it would be called Eclipse that would be released in 2017 but no one can really predict the title of the next games.

From the Eurogamer article:
Multiple sources tell Eurogamer the game is already well into development, will launch in 2017, and currently holds the codename of Pokémon Stars.

So Stars is only the codename for now, it could be that the actual game is getting a different name. And yes, Eurogamer is a trustworthy source, they predicted exactly what the Switch would be like months before we got real info about it.

So, who will a buy a Switch if Stars is real?
I might, considering Breath of the Wild is on there as well and Game Freak is dropping support for the Wii U. But if the question is whether Stars will get me to buy a Switch? Not on its own. And I definitely won't be contributing to Stars' early sales.

The third legendary is:
I'm not really sure why that's still a spoiler since the games are released but sure

If the theme is "stars" then Necrozma makes sense. People are suggesting that it represents a black hole given its name and ability to manipulate light (since black holes are dense enough to bend light)

GF is not the type of company that rushes to get onto a new platform. They tend to wait until enough people have bought it (around 1-2 years after the console is released).
They have a complicated relationship with Nintendo. They don't always get to do what they want; we know from interviews that they initially wanted to release two Gray versions, but Iwata told them that if they were going to stick to the DS, they would have to do something special. It is not hard to infer from this that Iwata would have preferred a 3DS game.

Nintendo having a new president for over a year now could explain a lot. Either way, it is not wise to reject a trustworthy source just because their report doesn't make sense to you.

They're not that trustworthy. They said that there would be a Mother 3 VC release which, as of now, never happened.

They're not that trustworthy. They said that there would be a Mother 3 VC release which, as of now, never happened.
You're referring to Emily Rogers. She is just one of many sources that are backing up Stars, whereas Mother 3 was only reported by her.

Look at Eurogamer's leak from three months before the Switch announcement. Are you really comfortable calling them unreliable?

I don't think fake is the correct wording here, Eurogamer is a respected news site and can be considered authentic: they aren't the once to spread false rumors or fake news, just to generate attention to themselves like most rumor sites do.

Of course, Eurogamers sources could be the ones to made it up, but seeing their history, I think it is doubtful. The best chance is that they were just plain wrong (like with Mother 3) and not spreading false news.

Eurogamer, like any other news site, has been wrong in the past before though. I'll hand it to them that they were right about the Switch, but rumors are still rumors and should be taken with a grain of salt.

Didn't they also base their source on the Pikipek footage from the first trailer?

Also Emily Rodgers is hardly at all reliable. She reports on "safe" rumors that are likely to wind up true anyway. Remember that she is the person who said that Breath of the Wild would have a female Link.

I am certain that Stars is fake. For one, it is said to not be on the same handheld as the other gen 7 games which would hurt 3DS players. Second, title is not logical as Sun is named after an star since the sun is a star itself.

Second, title is not logical as Sun is named after an star since the sun is a star itself.

Symbolic connotation > pedantry, though, so that doesn't matter.

The sun may physically be a star, but it's a lot more important to us than the others because it has a much more significant influence on our world. And throughout basically all of human history, this has informed artists, poets, storytellers, and religions. The sheer fact that we tend to refer to the sun as "the sun" and the stars as "the stars," giving them separate colloquial names, illustrates how they mean different things to us. So context is the important thing here: When speaking scientifically, yes, you would note that the sun is a star. But from an artistic point of view, which is certainly the approach that Game Freak would be using, there is enough of a distinction to use the terms to refer to separate things.

I mean, just look at how we often we treat the moon as a "counterpart" to the sun, even though the sun is a giant ball of plasma that the whole solar system revolves around, while the moon is a comparatively tiny rock that spins around one planet. It's because of how they appear from the point of view from down on Earth, where they look like alternating equals.

I am certain that Stars is fake. For one, it is said to not be on the same handheld as the other gen 7 games which would hurt 3DS players. Second, title is not logical as Sun is named after an star since the sun is a star itself.
I'm pretty sure you also called the claim that gyms were being removed a fake when it was first leaked because Gamefreak would never remove gyms too.

Back
Top Bottom