• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII Legendary Pokemon Discussion

I know everybody wants the post-game plot to be about Zygarde...
But I swear, it had better involve a new legendary Pokémon who has the ability to erase people's memories and does just that to Looker.

I prefer Zygarde to be in post game but there is room for more legendary pokemon as side quests.

I just hope (dare to dream) that they WON'T use japanese mythology for these games.
Yes I know these games are made in Japan, but we had four generations of Japanese-inspired everything (locations, legends, japanese culture references in the games etc). I wish they would use other countries' legends/culture as a source for insipration

But I swear, it had better involve a new legendary Pokémon who has the ability to erase people's memories and does just that to Looker.

But wouldn't that make SM a "prequel" to ORAS? And we still wouldn't know how he got his memories back by the time of XY (assuming that he ever did, and that the Looker personality we know isn't just something he developed post-amnesia, of course).

I just hope (dare to dream) that they WON'T use japanese mythology for these games.
Yes I know these games are made in Japan, but we had four generations of Japanese-inspired everything (locations, legends, japanese culture references in the games etc). I wish they would use other countries' legends/culture as a source for insipration

I agree in the sense of region inspiration and themes and such, but as far as cover mascots go, we've only really had the Spacetime trio based on Japanese mythology. Well, them and Lugia. They have thus far tended to mix-and-match the region basis and the cover mascots' design roots.

But wouldn't that make SM a "prequel" to ORAS? And we still wouldn't know how he got his memories back by the time of XY (assuming that he ever did, and that the Looker personality we know isn't just something he developed post-amnesia, of course).
Considering he remembers his job, his late Croagunk (Pokémon game, why do you feels me!!) and other stuff, I'm pretty sure he got over it. And yes, my idea was to make SM into a prequel to ΩRαS, but it's not like continuity ever really mattered between games. Other than RBY/GSC and BW/B2W2 obviously.

Obviously it also depends on whether or not you consider Ωrαs a prequel to XY or that Ωrαs is its own universe.

It's not known whether or not Ωrαs Looker either somehow made it to Hoenn alive after falling into the sea and departing the Looker Bureau in Kalos, or whether those events have yet come to pass in that universe. And for that matter, whether or not the events of his debut game have come to pass. Personally, my interpretation is that Ωrαs serves as a connection to the future remake Sinnoh instead of Kalos, so that his story could eventually be retold in the remakes - perhaps then we'll find out a little more about how he was hired by the International Police.

Of course, this may all depend on what they choose to do with him during SM's story - at the very least, I'd say a nod to his role in at least one game will be mentioned. Perhaps a continuation of the Looker Bureau in a new region, a mid-story sidequest this time instead of a post-game story?

Edit: Why are we discussing this in the Legendary Pokémon thread?

Considering he remembers his job, his late Croagunk (Pokémon game, why do you feels me!!) and other stuff, I'm pretty sure he got over it. And yes, my idea was to make SM into a prequel to ΩRαS, but it's not like continuity ever really mattered between games. Other than RBY/GSC and BW/B2W2 obviously.

No, I know all of that - what I am saying is, the Looker from Platinum and BW would be post-amnesia, so, *are* those his missing memories restored, or is that just the new life he's made for himself after forgetting all about his old, pre-ORAS life, which would be completely unknown to us.

Obviously it also depends on whether or not you consider Ωrαs a prequel to XY or that Ωrαs is its own universe.

I don't think anything depends on this, because XY are very clearly in continuity with ORAS. The notion of them being in separate universes themselves is merely something that people who couldn't ignore that one Sycamore line came up with in order to rationalize.

Edit: Why are we discussing this in the Legendary Pokémon thread?

Because at the top of this page, ewormPL proposed the idea of having a Legendary Pokémon wipe Looker's memory, to set up his appearance in ORAS.

I don't think anything depends on this, because XY are very clearly in continuity with ORAS. The notion of them being in separate universes themselves is merely something that people who couldn't ignore that one Sycamore line came up with in order to rationalize.
Well, I mean, the reason why I went with that in particular is because I like to think that Oras and XY are separated from each other. They both have differing origin stories for Mega Evolution, and it's Zinnia who explains that the Pokémon multiverse is even a thing. Sure, it has multiple ties to Kalos, but who's to say this remake precedes XY and not Kalos remakes instead?

Where's the timeline thread for this debate...

ANYWAY, LEGENDARIES! Quick idea... Maybe one based on this thing:
latest
I'm getting desperate to bring the main topic back, I guess.

^ΩRαS are prequels to XY, that much is certain. But hey, don't take my word for it.

Anyway, yes, this isn't exactly the returning NPCs thread. Back to the legendaries. I mostly wonder what special powers they're going to have:
- Mewtwo is artificially created "most powerful Pokémon" of the most powerful type.
- Ho-Oh and Lugia are majestic beings of skies and ocean depths that hide themselves from humans whom they distrust.
- Groudon and Kyogre are titans that create landmass or spread the seas resepctively. Rayquaza lives in the skies above and keeps tabs on those two's conflict.
- Dialga and Palkia are beings from other dimensions that distort time and space respectively of our dimension when forcefully summoned. Giratina is from a slightly more defined Distortion World.
- Zekrom and Reshiram represent truth and ideals of the ancient kings. And I can never remember which is which. Kyurem in a way represents what the two were before the kings' conflict caused them to split - so it represents at the same time both and neither of the two.
- Xerneas and Yveltal represent Life and... Destruction. And apparently it's not "death" even in Japanese, so... destruction. They are able to give or steal life force of other living beings. Zygarde meanwhile is (unless they're going to surprise us with something completely new again) all about protecting the environmental balance in Kalos.

It seems obvious that the SM main legendaries are going to have something to do with, well, the sun and the moon. Question is, what "powers" can those two represent. It would be cool if, instead of something obvious like day/night-related powers they had to do with, how do I call it... Egoism and submissiveness. Everything revolves around the sun. Egoism. The moon revolves around the Earth. Submissiveness. The third legend would represent the Earth itself, one that both revolves and is being revolved around. Is that too Farfetch'd?

First two legendary pokemon are the mascots: Fire for Sun and Dark/Fairy for Moon. Next would be a single Poison type legendary, a Dragon type legendary, Steel type legendary, Grass type legendary, Water type Legendary, Electric type legendary and Fighting legendary. 9 legendary pokemon in total is enough. Past legendary pokemon to appear: Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde and maybe Cresselia.

latest

o_O That looks like a villain from power rangers or something.

Why not Fire/Water for the Sun Pokémon, and Water/Fire for the Moon Pokémon?

Sure, it would be a bit redundant but the 15-year-old inside me want to see another Fire/Fighting starter situation with the fans. Also it would show space is interconnected and the typing could be their "Eclipse" Forms or whatever.

Well, I mean, the reason why I went with that in particular is because I like to think that Oras and XY are separated from each other. They both have differing origin stories for Mega Evolution, and it's Zinnia who explains that the Pokémon multiverse is even a thing. Sure, it has multiple ties to Kalos, but who's to say this remake precedes XY and not Kalos remakes instead?

Where's the timeline thread for this debate...

latest
That looks super kamen rider-ey. :ROFLMAO:

o_O That looks like a villain from power rangers or something.
That looks super kamen rider-ey. :ROFLMAO:
That would be because it is from Kamen Rider. It's the Joker Undead, a major antagonist from Kamen Rider Blade.
The main character eventually becomes one himself.

Edit:
Hold up a brief moment. I just realised something. @ewormPL, isn't that exactly what Uxie does to those that see its eyes?

Last edited:
lets maybe also talk about the animals they are based on?
A slug, ape , spider, croc, propper turtle were never done as legendaries or where they?
a salamander?(fire/fairy)
What kind of animals/beings would you think they will use in future?
Greek Mythology (beasts and monsters), Christian, babilonian, egiptian?
Dragons were to Over Used as only main legendaries.
But as pseudo no problemo.

Last edited:
But we already have a legendary that does that.

I mentioned this before, but it's possible we could get Primal versions of Yveltal (Sun) and Xerneas (Moon)

It makes sense that Yveltal and Zerneas would have primal versions to me, since it's lore seems to imply that it's lost power as it's sat in hibernation through the years. Although despite the Fairy typing being associated with the moon, I think it's more like Yveltal (Moon) and Xerneas (Sun) than the other way around. Yveltal brings death (darkness/moon) and Xerneas brings life (light/sun).

Why would Xerneas and Yveltal get new forms/megas/primals? Zygarde in complete form is suppose to be stronger than both so they shouldn't get new forms. It undermines the whole point of Complete Zygarde.

Back
Top Bottom