• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Global Trade Station Conversational Thread (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's the middle poke center of lumiose city, there's a girl that mentions prof oak's grandson being in the area. I think there's also a mention of a legendary in one of the alley ways of the city. Pretty cool how they planned all this ahead of time.

redtown said:
Nice, you're doing pretty well with the shiny breeding. I noticed you use the same background as me for your ev box :p

Funny thing is, I do too. :p

Lilligant? Sure that's another poke I've never used, I like trying out different pokes.

They're excellent in sun with chlorophyll and quiver dance, they also get sleep powder. Elegant, and potentially lethal. :}

Nice I actually really like slowbro, the guy can eat up damage like a monster.

Sadly it's Rash, so -Sp.Def but I decided on giving him to some one who'd like him. :)

Though I got a Shiny Pansear today while hosting. My fave monkey!

sharshocker said:
Haha you have to have been there before, unless you got your Power Items from trades :p I went to the Battle Institute to see what it was about, it was more challenging than I expected. D:

I don't have them yet though. :p

And yeah I horde EV train without them, though tbh it isn't all that bad. x)

Thanks! :D

It's one of the new anime this season, I recently got back into actively watching anime rather than just read manga.

Same here really currently I'm watching Michiko & Hatchin along with Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero. And I finished off Sword Art Online today, next maybe Tokyo Ravens or some other dubbed anime (I can't be bothered with subs anymore).

DCM1314 said:
Good news for us, right? =D Unfortunately that means that I'd have to either transfer some of my IV bred Pokes from X over, or start breeding from scratch. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. This will make MM'ing a lot easier, and different region Pokes are good for trading ;)

Most definitely! :D Playing in Spanish will be fun! I can't wait till bank is here so I can restart. <3

Funny thing is, I do too. :p

They're excellent in sun with chlorophyll and quiver dance, they also get sleep powder. Elegant, and potentially lethal. :}

Sadly it's Rash, so -Sp.Def but I decided on giving him to some one who'd like him. :)

Though I got a Shiny Pansear today while hosting. My fave monkey!

I don't have them yet though. :p

And yeah I horde EV train without them, though tbh it isn't all that bad. x)

Same here really currently I'm watching Michiko & Hatchin along with Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero. And I finished off Sword Art Online today, next maybe Tokyo Ravens or some other dubbed anime (I can't be bothered with subs anymore).

Most definitely! :D Playing in Spanish will be fun! I can't wait till bank is here so I can restart. <3

Having seen that I actually think I'll use a ninetails as well, another poke I've never used before, so it's looking pretty interesting.

You must have the spirit of santa in you, you're pretty generous!

When I first played Y I thought Pansear was a brand new poke, so I was using it because I wanted to use the gen vi pokes for my play through. I kept wondering when it was gonna evolve before I learned you need a stone.

Today I tried using a slightly different method of Iv breeding. Basically I bred a poke with 3 IVs, then put that poke to the side and bred the same poke but with the two missing IVs. I figured it might make breeding the 5iv poke a little easier since it gets dittos out of the equation as soon as.

Managed to pick up a nice 3IV drought vulpix from the gts.

Last edited:
Having seen that I actually think I'll use a ninetails as well, another poke I've never used before, so it's looking pretty interesting.

They have pretty good sp.def and speed. I say go for it. :p

You must have the spirit of santa in you, you're pretty generous!

Oddly enough my friend calls me a PokeSanta because everytime I see him and his girlfriend I insist they take x Pokemon I get and so on. But overall I don't mind, the person who got the Slowking is happy.

When I first played Y I thought Pansear was a brand new poke, so I was using it because I wanted to use the gen vi pokes for my play through. I kept wondering when it was gonna evolve before I learned you need a stone.

Makes me wonder what you though of Pansage and Panpour. xD And honestly Simisear is the best of all 3 imo, he looks like a volcano. :}

Today I tried using a slightly different method of Iv breeding. Basically I bred a poke with 3 IVs, then put that poke to the side and bred the same poke but with the two missing IVs. I figured it might make breeding the 5iv poke a little easier since it gets dittos out of the equation as soon as.

To me, that seems longer if you don't swap out a 3 IV parent with a 4 IV one later on and such. XD

Managed to pick up a nice 3IV drought vulpix from the gts.

Not too shabby! :D

They have pretty good sp.def and speed. I say go for it. :p

Oddly enough my friend calls me a PokeSanta because everytime I see him and his girlfriend I insist they take x Pokemon I get and so on. But overall I don't mind, the person who got the Slowking is happy.

Makes me wonder what you though of Pansage and Panpour. xD And honestly Simisear is the best of all 3 imo, he looks like a volcano. :}

To me, that seems longer if you don't swap out a 3 IV parent with a 4 IV one later on and such. XD

Not too shabby! :D

Just finished training up vulpix and liligant, had to grow some kelpsy berries after accidently giving them the wrong evs when a shiny cubchoo appeared. And speaking of shines, I wonder how good the pokebank will be at stopping hacked pokes getting through. Guess we'll find out soon!

I liked Panpour, I used him the most. When I did my play through I tried to mix up my team every now and again to use different pokes. Volcano pokes are cool, I just found out I have a magmor friend safari last night, he's a cool poke too.

I still did that, but just wanted to get ditto out of the picture to speed up the process. Too be honest I didn't see that much speed difference lol.

So after doing shark's battle league for a while I decided it was finally time to use a team I made up a while (didn't want them to get left out with a new team on the way!), pretty fun pokes. They're mostly lower tier pokes but I find it pretty fun to make a team like that, there are some good pokes lurking around there. Like steelix, that guy is ru but I found in wifi battles he takes hits like a monster 0.o.

Just finished training up vulpix and liligant, had to grow some kelpsy berries after accidently giving them the wrong evs when a shiny cubchoo appeared. And speaking of shines, I wonder how good the pokebank will be at stopping hacked pokes getting through. Guess we'll find out soon!

I liked Panpour, I used him the most. When I did my play through I tried to mix up my team every now and again to use different pokes. Volcano pokes are cool, I just found out I have a magmor friend safari last night, he's a cool poke too.

I still did that, but just wanted to get ditto out of the picture to speed up the process. Too be honest I didn't see that much speed difference lol.

So after doing shark's battle league for a while I decided it was finally time to use a team I made up a while (didn't want them to get left out with a new team on the way!), pretty fun pokes. They're mostly lower tier pokes but I find it pretty fun to make a team like that, there are some good pokes lurking around there. Like steelix, that guy is ru but I found in wifi battles he takes hits like a monster 0.o.

*Hacks a Wondertomb on Gen 5* Yes let's see. >:)

And here I was thinking you kept the 3 IV'd Pokemon. XD But that's definitely just as fast.

With that defense I'm not surprised. Though I really need to get around to making an actual team in game. :'D

AND MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!

lol Wondertomb. Spiritomb can be hard enough to deal with, it gets a great ability with infiltrator. It's one of the pokes I'm using for my kinda new team. And it seems you can hack pokes on pokemon bank. Some interesting pokes on GTS now, although the asking price is way too much. I'm trying to get an Oshawott but don't feel like trading a Xerneas or yveltal for it. Threw up a Hydreidon to see if I could get one. The old legendries look really cool, I like groudon.

Have you got any idea what you'd use in a team? I bet you'll have a great selection to choose from, I've only just got on my 2nd box of ex pokes. I want to use a jolly Druddigon but for the set I've got in mind it needs Fire punch and Gunk Shot, but you can only get that in b&w2. Just picking out pokes I see that look cool.

And of course merry Christmas!

Managed to get every starter. Let me know if there's any you guys need.

Merry belated Christmas!

Haha glad to hear the battle league is helping you out redtown, I just checked back here and I have PMs asking for battles @_@

@DolceHere's a pic of Yaya from Unbreakable Machine Doll. You see how I really wanted the shiny Gardevoir since it matches her perfectly :)
tumblr_muowlhwwkF1s56btjo1_1280.jpg

Hey shark, happy holidays. Yean the league is really well put together, it was my first time battling 'named' opponents, so it was really good fun and experience. Haha, that's what happens when you're an important man. It's good that it's picked up momentum.

So the last couple of days I've been fulling up the pokedex, not far to go now. I also just picked up an adamant groudon with 5 31 IVs in all but s.att, couldn't really believe it. I guess I'll check if the bank is available for us for not!

Got kyogre, think I'll try for zekrom and the white legendary next.

Last edited:
Hey shark, happy holidays. Yean the league is really well put together, it was my first time battling 'named' opponents, so it was really good fun and experience. Haha, that's what happens when you're an important man. It's good that it's picked up momentum.

So the last couple of days I've been fulling up the pokedex, not far to go now. I also just picked up an adamant groudon with 5 31 IVs in all but s.att, couldn't really believe it. I guess I'll check if the bank is available for us for not!

Haha I guess it comes with the territory, I find it ironic that I have less free time whenever holidays turn around. I don't want to say it but I have more leisure time when I have classes :p

Congrats on the Groudon, and thanks for reminding me Pokebank is out today! Now I really have to get home and play Pokemon today...argh that means I have to eventually finish my Black 2 and get stuff @_@

I wish I was the same, at least it won't be for too long.

I'm not too sure on pokebank, I know its been announced as being taken down for now but I've seen English name legendaries. Maybe some areas still have access to it? It's gonna be handy to have the older games once it's all figured out.

Here's a pic of Yaya from Unbreakable Machine Doll. You see how I really wanted the shiny Gardevoir since it matches her perfectly :)
View attachment 92348

Ah it does suit her. :)

I resorted to naming all my Pokemon based on various candies/sweets in game now. Suiting name theme for my sweet tooth I think. So far I got...
Razzles - Blastoise
Pudding - Diggersby
Cotton Candy - Shiny Jumpluff
Rock Candy - Carbink
Warheads - Garchomp
Oreo - Absol (Special Attacker)
Cream - Absol (Physical Attacker)
Peeps - Skarmory
Spearmint - Snover
Dots - Chatot
Sweetheart - Nidoran (Female)
Taffy - Skrelp
Tootsie - Goomy
Butterscotch - Mincinno

These two below are the only ones I named after anime characters amazingly. xD
Krory - Noibat
Happy - Meowstic (Male)

Wow very nice!

redtown said:
I'm not too sure on pokebank, I know its been announced as being taken down for now but I've seen English name legendaries. Maybe some areas still have access to it? It's gonna be handy to have the older games once it's all figured out.

Yeah it's TBD. Earlier when I was bored I watched a good hour of Marriland's stream on twitch for a WonderTradeFriday thing he was doing, and he said he had a japanese 3DS, so pretty much anyone with a japanese 3DS no matter where they are could use the app to transfer things. So really that might solve the mystery of the pokes with the english names me thinks.

Eitherway I can be a little bit patient since I got myself a Porygon. <3

Dunno if I wanna breed Porygon, Buneary, or Cottonee first though. @.@

Props to you redtown for figuring it's one of my top faves, not many people see my about me. xD At least I don't think so.

Edit:

Oh yeah! Christmas Day I found a shiny Magmar, on the 26th I found a shiny Dewgong, and on the 27th I found a shiny Kecleon. All while breeding Siegfried my Togepi since I was using the friend safaris to level up parents to breed with. Will say that was all madness. :l

Last edited:
Hey guys! I now have all starters (-piplup) cottonee, E-speed Dratini and Porygon so give me a shout if you need one of those. PM me some offers and we'll sort out a trade date :).

I resorted to naming all my Pokemon based on various candies/sweets in game now. Suiting name theme for my sweet tooth I think. So far I got...
Razzles - Blastoise
Pudding - Diggersby
Rock Candy - Carbink
Warheads - Garchomp
Peeps - Skarmory
Spearmint - Snover
Dots - Chatot
Taffy - Skrelp
Tootsie - Goomy
Butterscotch - Mincinno

Krory - Noibat
Happy - Meowstic (Male)
My nicknames are from all over but I try to get ideas from shows I've seen. My favorite nickname so far is "Oh my glob" for my Reuniclus and I'm drawing a blank on my Slowbro so I just named it "Slowsis" because it's a female :p I'll probably end up naming things after anime characters mostly, though I named my Charizard X after a dragon from Lord of the Rings @_@

Oh yeah! Christmas Day I found a shiny Magmar, on the 26th I found a shiny Dewgong, and on the 27th I found a shiny Kecleon. All while breeding Siegfried my Togepi since I was using the friend safaris to level up parents to breed with. Will say that was all madness. :l
Nice Christmas haul!

I've been able to put some time into Fire Emblem and it's pretty fun. I'm familiar with the genre so I kinda exploit the AI (making use of their attack ranges to draw them out one at a time) and so far it's not too difficult. Just finished the mission where you help the villager guy fight off intruders, it was hard keeping him alive and leveling him up throughout the battle since he did almost no damage and every enemy gets to hit him twice @_@ I thought he'd get stronger stats once he joined my team but sadly that's not the case.

Donnel is good, he starts slow but is worth keeping around to level up. I wish a new FE game would come out.

Razzles - Blastoise
Pudding - Diggersby
Rock Candy - Carbink
Warheads - Garchomp
Peeps - Skarmory
Spearmint - Snover
Dots - Chatot
Taffy - Skrelp
Tootsie - Goomy
Butterscotch - Mincinno

Krory - Noibat
Happy - Meowstic (Male)

Wow very nice!

Yeah it's TBD. Earlier when I was bored I watched a good hour of Marriland's stream on twitch for a WonderTradeFriday thing he was doing, and he said he had a japanese 3DS, so pretty much anyone with a japanese 3DS no matter where they are could use the app to transfer things. So really that might solve the mystery of the pokes with the english names me thinks.

Eitherway I can be a little bit patient since I got myself a Porygon. <3

Dunno if I wanna breed Porygon, Buneary, or Cottonee first though. @.@

Props to you redtown for figuring it's one of my top faves, not many people see my about me. xD At least I don't think so.

Edit:

I usually just give my pokes silly nicknames that either are somewhat relevant to them or I just thought would look good. For example I have a klefki called barry burton because the pokemon is a set of keys (the master of unlocking), I was hoping to nickname my bisharp Jill Valentine but I think I was 1 letter out.

Ah I see, makes sense. Yeah I just so happened to get a porygon on wt and thought "I know who'd want this". I actually got zekrom by putting an upgrade on it and putting one on GTS.

Nice, I got a shiny snubbull on gts yesterday. Talking of levelling up, I've been using le wow to get pokes to 100 for trading legendries, it gets repetitive after a while lol. At least I have about 400 balm mushrooms.

So far I've gotten kyurem, zekrom, and reshiram. Gonna try and Dialga and palkia next. Almost finished the kalos dex, got about 15 more pokes to get, then only the hidden kalos legendries would be left. Fusion flare and fusion bolt look awesome.

edit- Picked up a feebas if anyone wants one.

Finally got a defence nature Zapdos after four times. GTS finally come through!

Last edited:
I may seem like a Slowpoke but for Christmas I got a Pokemon White 2 bundle which included a DS lite, the game, as well as a cool pouch. I've been stuck to it for the past 4 days because it's the first DS generation game I've been able to play (Pokemon games have been really hard to come by here so I've been enjoying gen 1,2 and 3 for a really long time). Today I turned on my laptop and decided to register on the Pokemon Global Link I've heard so much about and I was so excited to get to the Dreamworld, etc, but then what do i see? The gl is closing down for my game and on top of that, I can't even register despite it actually closing in about 2/3 weeks D: So have my dreams been crushed? Will i not even be able to trade with people around the world? :/ Does anyone have any advice/recommendations/words for me?

Hey everyone,

I'm thinking about creating a trade organising site, and I want to see if there's enough interest to create such a system.

Here's some small info on how it would work.

People would sign up, and in their account they can set which Pokémon they can breed, which one they are willing to send off and which ones they're still missing/looking for.
They can also set times when they are available for trading.

Every person would have it's own trading calendar to view/reschedule/cancel his/her own appointments.

Within the system you then have to suggest a trading appointment to another user, the other party gets a notification and can accept or decline the appointment.
If the appointment is accepted, they get each others Friend Code, so they can find each other in the game.

When the trade is almost due, both parties get a notification.
A few hours after the appointment a small follow up form will be send out, with the options to indicate if the trade went fine, the other party didn't show up or the other one just double-crossed the other(will result in a warning/ban). I need to do this, cause the system would stand or fall with the users honesty

Accounts would be linked to a 3DS FC (I'm starting with X/Y), so once banned it wouldn't be possible to just create a new account.

So in short, it'll be a system to schedule trading appointments within it's own community.

What are your thoughts on this? Would you be interested to use it, or shouldn't I bother to create such a thing?

Last edited:
I think it would be a dice roll, you might get enough people involved but you would competing against sites that already have a good member base (ie this forum), not to mention the other features that a place like this offers. The breeding part sounds like the breeding shops that are in use here, I've never ran one myself but from what I see they run smoothly enough.

As for the trading part, I guess it's just like a trade that would happen normally between people. The thing about setting a time and date is that you might not be sure what you could be doing at the specified time, for example I don't like saying to something a specific time (unless it's like 'in 10 minutes time') as I might be attending to more pressing matters.

You never know, you might start it and it picks up great momentum. And having a more specific trading point is always going to be good, I traded about 6 times to get that Zapdos I was talking about with right nature (even though I specified it on the notes). But smaller scale systems already exist on successful forums.

The main reason that triggered the idea of the appointments is to facilitate the trading between people of different time zones. It's for example not always convenient to get an American and a European player online at the same time, so it would be convenient for them to agree on a suitable moment for both. I see your point in "I'm online now, and I don't know where I'll be at another time", but off course you could make an appointment in half an hour or so, if the other is available then.

I'm also a member at ZU and there is also a Pokémon thread where we ask for trades, but getting both online at the same time is always a struggle.
With this you'd be able to say "I'm open for trades at those times, and I have this to offer". Other people could see your availability in their own times and could decide upon that "Oh, I can also get online at that time, are you interested in doing this trade?".

With your Zapdos example, you did brought something up I didn't think about, personalities. Although you can never now for sure what the personality of a breed will be, it might be a filter for already bred Pokémon that are free for trading. Same for shinies.

And if you'd have more pressing matters at the time, you can always cancel or reschedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom