• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gold and Silver DS: Discussion, Debate, Wishlists

Status
Not open for further replies.
and now that i saw the new girl in a big full scan, my pervert side is coming out.
first off the line running down her shorts goes right in the middle of where her "lips"would be. and around that is a sort of semi-circle that could be her "mound" im just go ahead and say it...i can see her VAGINA!!!

See? It's not all bad!

D:

I'm not complaining about NG being in the game (like Maxim is) I'm just saying it's not Kris.

I am wondering why we expected Kris in Gold/Silver remakes. She was never there in those games only crystal, so why should she be there now? The new girl IMO is there because of this. Maybe she is called Heart or Soul? (Prefer Heart IMO)

dman_dustin haha i guess your right. i was sorta trying to see wich celibi loooked right to me. again i spelled it in a different way lol . im actually ok with the new girl also. it doesnt bother me that much. and now that i saw the new girl in a big full scan, my pervert side is coming out.
first off the line running down her shorts goes right in the middle of where her "lips"would be. and around that is a sort of semi-circle that could be her "mound" im just go ahead and say it...i can see her VAGINA!!!
Seems to me she has something gold should. ZING! XD
Actually Shinx3000 I was doubt Kris. A lot. Her outfit no matter how hard I tried could not be updated in anyway in my head. So I thought to myself...f they cannot find a way and if they deem her to be crystal only would someone new come along. And someone did. Overall she looks great.I love the hair.

Are the game protagonists going to continue to receive canon names?

With R/S and DP, all the playable characters got canon names.

However with the old games, we call them "Red," "Blue" "Gold" and "Crystal," even if the anime named them themselves.

I hate the new girl's design. It isn't so much that it isn't Kris, but that the new design just pretty much sucks IMO. It doesn't look cool. I hate the hat. And why is she wearing Mario's clothes?

Gold on the other hand looks awesome. I may choose to play as him not only for nostalgia, but cause I really at the moment can't stand the sight of the female. She just doesn't fit.

Ugh.

also, no idea if this has come up yet (I skipped several pages), but maybe this new girl is what Crystal was originally going to look like? Remember that Leaf was originally planned as early as Red/Green (but couldn't make it in; her concept art resulted in Blue in the manga). Maybe this new girl was planned for the original G/S, but once again couldn't make it in. In which case, when Crystal rolled around, they died her hair blue and threw her in.

Hmm question. Would this be considered good or excellent? These 2 games are trademarked. For America. Already. So then would you think that the games will be out sooner then expected or no?

Hmm question. Would this be considered good or excellent? These 2 games are trademarked. For America. Already. So then would you think that the games will be out sooner then expected or no?

Not sure if trademarking something actually makes it appear sooner. They know its going to be released in USA, so it gets trademarked there soon. Maybe it will be released sooner, I'd like that. I could just import one like I did with Platinum on 22 April instead of waiting to May to get it

It's probably a precautionary thing that Pokémon International as a consequence of the huge interest in these games online; this is the only time where a Pokémon game has been preceeded with fake versions. Someone could theoretically stick HeartGold on the front of one of the fake games and sell it (illegally), cashing in on the hype the real games are generating.

Is no one the least bit excited about time travel elements? Does anyone doubt that Notched-ear Pichu is a character from the past?

That would be akin to admitting that they are distinct characters. By merely keeping the name "Kris" somewhere in the data, Game Freak could let fans know that she is supposed to be regarded as the same character, although a severely refined one.

Could anyone explain to me why this is so different to what happened with Red? I'd appreciate that.
They think that people think that it is so different because Red name was not changed. Since Pokemon Red was remade into FireRed was remade his name did not change. I mean he looks totally different than what he did in generation one. To mean the girl does resemble the female character in Pokemon Crystal although they have different hair color and I think the design of the new girl was based off of that design. I know my thought and theories are going to be just put down by others though.

EDIT: I would like time traveling elements in this game. I hope they will be included.

Last edited:
Is no one the least bit excited about time travel elements? Does anyone doubt that Notched-ear Pichu is a character from the past?

That would be akin to admitting that they are distinct characters. By merely keeping the name "Kris" somewhere in the data, Game Freak could let fans know that she is supposed to be regarded as the same character, although a severely refined one.

Could anyone explain to me why this is so different to what happened with Red? I'd appreciate that.

Where did you get the information about time travel? And can you actually time travel in the game?

What made G/S/C my favorite games in the series was the fact that it was infinitely playable. By that, I mean that you had both Johto and Kanto, you had tons of little fun things to do, and you had 251 awesome Pokemon out there to catch, and I'm expecting that fun to return, albeit the existence of FR/LG may lessen the chances of Kanto showing up again.

If they could add some more great features, I wouldn't object, but personally I'm hoping for something just as special and unique as the original G/S/C were.

I don't mind the new girl, but she's a little plain-looking... and her hat is really stupid.

At least Gold looks adorable. Like I was going to pick anyone but him anyway. <3

What made G/S/C my favorite games in the series was the fact that it was infinitely playable. By that, I mean that you had both Johto and Kanto, you had tons of little fun things to do, and you had 251 awesome Pokemon out there to catch, and I'm expecting that fun to return, albeit the existence of FR/LG may lessen the chances of Kanto showing up again.

I don't see why Kanto won't return for that reason. If this game is aimed at DSi, there won't be a GBA slot to play FR/LG remember. And yes, the little things you could do were nice then adding Kanto gave you something extra, even if it was not mind blowing. FR/LG gave Sevii which although was not as best as it could be, it was a nice addition which I liked.

If these games DON'T have Kanto, I will be extremely pissed. There's no reason not to include them. That was one of the reasons why GSC is arguably the best in the series! You get the best of both worlds. :p

I can let the design of the new girl slide, but not having Kanto in there would be inexcusable.

Right about now I am wondering if Gold and the Pikachu-colored Pichu have gone back in time, or rather, the Notched-ear Pichu traveled to the present. The sequence is incredibly reminiscent of the GS Ball event in Crystal, where by placing the GS Ball inside the shrine Celebi emerged from the sky, obviously having traveled in time.

Notched-ear Pichu is a character from the ancient past, as evidenced by Movie 12. It should have unique properties not found in the Pichu of this day and age, which I believe will be reflected in its base stats.

So after all the speculation, NEP and PCP are nothing more than the new GS Ball, and NEP will just be a regular Pichu but with double base stats? That's the lamest excuse for new content I've seen from GameFreak ever.

Some ideas for events which could be added to jazz up Kanto:

Lavender radio tower could be taken over by ghosts, furious at having their resting ground desecrated by the new tower there, causing distorted radio waves accross all Kanto. You'll have to fight your way to the top against a variety of Ghost pokemon and possessed trainers, where you'll fight either Dusknoir or Mismagius, depending on your game version.

Magnet train. On your first journey on the magnet train, team rocket, by putting the power plant out of action once more, stop the train in its tracks, demanding a ransom for the safe passage of those onboard. You have to fight your way through the various carriages until you battle against the Rocket Executives.

Well, red didnt really change - all the basic design elements from RB were kept in the transition to FrLg:

180px-Game_character_red.png
120px-Game_character_firered.png

Both wear red caps and jackets, wear jeans....it's clear just by looking at them that FrLg Red is merely a mordernised RBY Red.

But compare Kris and the HGSS girl:

155px-Game_character_kris.png
corocoro-1.jpg

There isn't really anything that allows you to draw comparisons between the two. Prior to today, If I asked you if you thought the new girl was a HGSS heroine or a Gen V heroine, you would almost certainly go for the latter option.

I disagree with you here. Red's face is different and so is his hair. Leaf herself was based off of a character wearing a black suit in the original, but in the remake FRLG she wore a red skirt and a blue tank top. The HGSS heroine is wearing Red just like the girl from Crystal. I think that it is a good idea to wait for an explanation to just to conclusion whether or not a character is designed after that character. She could very well have nothing to do with the Crystal herione, but we will not no far so unless Gamefreak informs us somewhat. I know you all going to bash and flame my theories, but that is the way I feel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom