• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

HA Unova Starters finally available in English ^_^

Simba

Reaction score
UPDATE: The Reckless Emboar code is live! As predicted, it's POKEMON500
I'll update again when Samurott's available.

Anyone who was aware of the Contrary Serperior re-usable download code being released in Japan on the 9th was probably disappointed to find out it doesn't work in America. Well, now it does!

Three Stars of Unova! | Pokemon.com

Just load up Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire, go to Mystery Gift, Get via Internet, Get With Code and enter POKEMON497 to download the Contrary Serperior. The code will work until November of this year, so no rush. They'll be releasing Reckless Emboar next week, and Shell Armor Samurott in the Februrary issue of the Pokemon Trainer Club Newsletter.

I'll keep this post updated with the download codes.

Contrary Serperior: POKEMON497
Reckless Emboar: POKEMON500
Shell Armor Samurott: POKEMON503 (not yet available)

Last edited:
Taking a huge shot in the dark, I'll guess Emboar's code is POKEMON500 and Samurott's is POKEMON503.

Remember, if it turns out true you heard it from me first!!!! I'm psychic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heh, yeah, most likely. You can actually go check to see if the codes are recognized yet. If the code isn't recognized, it'll say so. If it is, but it's not "active" yet, it'll say, "No Pokemon was found." That's what it said when I tried the POEMON497 back on the 9th -- it recognized it as a valid code, but the download wasn't enabled for America so it wouldn't give it to me.

Too bad this doesn't work with XY. It hasn't gotten any of the recent download events.

Oh, yeah, gonna finally get my Reckless Emboar. Already have a Contrary Snivy from a very generous individual. And Battle Armor Samurott...yeah.

Shame I don't have the Internet for it atm

I hope the codes would work this easily. And yeah, if the US has the same code as Japan, chances are Emboar is Pokemon500 and Samurott is Pokemon503

Oh, the Emboar code isn't going to be released until the 29th. (They lied! They said "next week" last week!) It's almost certainly POKEMON500 but the code won't work until the 29th.

I've already downloaded both gifts onto my copies of OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire, I just haven't picked up either serpent yet. I can't wait to get the other two, though. Completism FTW! :lol:

New to this forum... Apperently, I just now got the Reckless Emboar with the code, if you want to try it. POKEMON500, of course. :)

With these events, I'm most excited about not having to trade for any of the Unova starters (trading is a pain since my home internet does not work for anything in-game). I've already obtained Contrary Serperior <3, and although I can't say that I'll probably ever use Reckless Emboar (I feel bad about having my Pokemon use recoil moves lol), I'll download it tomorrow. Then it's just Shell Armor Samurott (I'm sure there are better abilities that Samurott could have instead for its HA, but it seems the most fitting considering, well, its shell armor).

Last edited:
I haven't picked up my Serperior yet and I have yet to pop in the code for my Emboar. I'll probably go ahead and do that either tonight or tomorrow as I'm a bit indisposed at the moment. I'm waiting for my Samurott because it's Samurott and even if his Ability might blow, I still love him.

So is Samurott out yet? I'm pretty sure I'm signed up to get the newsletter with the code, but so far I got nothing.

So is Samurott out yet? I'm pretty sure I'm signed up to get the newsletter with the code, but so far I got nothing.
I tried entering the code last night when I got my Emboar but got a message that the gift wasn't available. So I don't think it's up just yet. (I may be wrong; it has been several hours since I've touched my 3DS.)

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom