• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Have you ever caught a legendary with one pokeball?

xcrystal78

Reaction score
Hiya Everyone,
This includes any kind of poke ball, excluding master ball or the poke ball in the safari. I never did, I just wanted to know.
:ksmile:

I caught a Groudon with an Ultra Ball at full health in Emerald, and since then I've been having a lot of luck with capturing Legendaries. Not necessarily with one Poke Ball, but within only five or so I end up catching most of them.

Giratina and Palkia, can't remember exactly when and how I did though, guess it was just luck. At the time though I didn't know Palkia's catch rate was so high for a legend, since I didn't really know how the games worked at the time and thought all legends were hard to catch.

Honorable mentions:

While not caught in a Poke Ball, the Regice I currently have was caught in a single Ultra Ball. Prior to this I've had a history with having to restart the game constantly because Legends would run out of PP before I could catch them. This Regice was the opposite of everything I once knew about a legendary. AND I WAS EXPECTING A CHALLENGE TO.

I watched my sister catch a Raikou with a Fast Ball at full health.

She just left Burnt Tower after triggering the Legendary Beast event and went west of Mahogany town to train. She runs into Raikou immediately, but all she has is the Fast Ball Kurt gave her. I tell her to chug it since her level 14 pokemon couldn't do a thing anyway and 'cause it'd be funny if she actually caught it.

Well she caught it. I was floored that the odds held that <1% capture rate. XD

I also managed to toss a level ball at a Zapdos the first time, though that was after weakening it and all.

I sent Mewtwo to sleep in Blue and caught him with just one Ultra Ball. I didn't even have to lower his health bar. I couldn't believe my luck. :drool:

Only problem was that I then had this Master Ball kicking around which I had absolutely no use for (since I'd already captured the Legendary Birds).

Palkia w/ quick ball, Uxie w/ ultra, Entei and Latais w/ quick (after a few battles to weaken)
Also caught a Mewtwo with 3 ultra... never wouldve expected that

Yes, Articuno back in Gold.....with a pokeball.

Must have been a hack.

I don't know if this counts (since it's easy to catch by Legendary standards), but I caught Dialga in one Ultra Ball.

I caught Articuno with Poké Ball in FR and Regigigas with Dusk Ball in Diamond.

Must have been a hack.

I don't know if this counts (since it's easy to catch by Legendary standards), but I caught Dialga in one Ultra Ball.
Yeah, same here. Other than that... My luck catching legendaries is not so good.

i caught both Uxie and Azelf with great balls in diamond, but Azelf took such a long time because either i would die or it would die, so i had to reset.

but uxie i got the first time without weakening.

Reshiram: one standard Pokeball at full health.
It was Modest Nature too.
I was actually hoping for an epic hard fought capture.
But I always throw a test ball on the first turn.

I watched my sister catch a Raikou with a Fast Ball at full health.

Well she caught it. I was floored that the odds held that <1% capture rate. XD

Same here. I wasn't even looking for it, nor did I even want it. It appeared and I thought "might as well"

"Shake"
"no"
"shake"
"NO"
"shake"
"NOO WAY!"
"Click"

I actually have a very interesting story about this.

I was about 8 years old, and was traveling to another city to visit my gradparents. At that time in the bus, I was playing pokémon red, and was battling Zapdos (Than goodness I was genre savvy enough to save before the battle) And I failed like five times wasting all my ultraballs and pokéballs. Frustrated, I gave the game to my dad as he wanted to try it out. He fought Zapdos and caught it with the firs Pokéball he launched.

My face was like O.O for some seconds.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom