• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Have you ever caught a legendary with one pokeball?

Once I spent like three hours trying to catch Kyogre in Sapphire... I kept running out of Ultra Balls, accidentally KO'ing it, or it Struggled itself to death. On my last attempt, I managed to paralyze it and get its HP down really low, threw my one Dive Ball, and VOILA! Kyogre. With one ball.

I was really annoyed with how much time I wasted for it to turn out that easy.

I caught Virizion with a Quick Ball... I was expecting a long battle, since Cobalon and Terrakion gave me some trouble, but no... shake, shake, shake, click. Done.

Not counting Luiga(SS) and Giratina(Pt.) being caught with master balls, nope!
I've never caught a legendary with just one type of Pokeball before.
I'm not that lucky!

Ho-Oh in an Ultra Ball and Mewtwo in a Dusk Ball, both in SoulSilver, both due to a combination of Ice Fang and False Swipe. Of course, I had to catch them both again because they had sucky natures... I might have done it a few other times, but those are the only ones I remember.

This is very rare for me, and when it happens, it feels anticlimactic and I have to fight the urge to reset and try again. XD

The most interesting experience was in... oh, Red or Yellow Version, during my encounter with Mewtwo. One ice beam got him down to half-health and frozen, then I just threw a basic pokeball and got him on my first try. It was pretty shocking, since the first gen games were notorious for having pokeballs miss their targets altogether.

This was forever ago, but I caught Articuno in LeafGreen with a great ball.

Greevil's Exeggcutor with a single Great Ball I had with me for a while...

I didn't even want it, I just winged it. xD

Kyogre. Gardevoir used hypnosis, dream eater, then BAM. Caught on the first dive ball.

I got Zekrom on the first try. I also got both Dialga and Palkia on the first try, but hey, 35 catch rate FTW.

I've gotten them in Pokeballs and even joke Levelballs and Repeat balls, but usually they eat up at least the first ball. Best I could manage was the second.

Of course, assuming that Masterballs don't count. :p

Palkia caught it one try no weakening 2 time with a quick ball and a ultra ball.

Caught riakou with one fast ball and entei in one quick ball.

Also Mewtwo no weakening in a ultra ball.

I caught a Dialga with one fastball without weakening it, paralyzing or making it sleep. I heard Dialga's catch rate is pretty high though...

My most difficult catch was probably Latios in HeartGold. I weakened it to 1 HP or something really low, paralyze it but that damn sucker did not want to be caught! I was required to reset a couple times because I ran out of Pokeballs and refuse to use my Masterball.

I remember catching Kyogre with an Ultra Ball in Emerald. The thing is, my team's level's didn't even come close to Kyogre's; they didn't go past level 48. So I got it's health down to about 2/3rds before I got to my last pokemon. Then I threw an Ultra Ball. I knew it wouldn't work, but just for good luck.
*click*

I was quite surprised. :)

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom