• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Have you ever caught a legendary with one pokeball?

When I made a perfect IV and Nature Rotom appear in the wild, I tossed a single Premier Ball at him, simply because I never caught a Pokemon inside a Premier Ball before. The Rotom was at level 99, with full HP. And it worked! 8D

...whoops, this is for Legendaries only? D: Well, I once caught Latios with a Great Ball in my Emerald. He had about half HP, though, but still it's something.

I caught Suicune with a Great Ball on my first try once. It had a bad nature. After that, I could never catch it on the first turn again. Many hours of sadness were had.
xD

In SS I caught Ho-oh with one Pokeball, and it was as soon as the battle had started. Too bad I forgot to save...that was the first and only time that happened. :/

I don't know if I've ever caught one in just one ball, but the other day I was trying to catch Articuno in FireRed and I threw 25 Ultra Balls with no luck (minimum HP, asleep). My fourth Poke Ball caught it. I was pissed because I spent like P22,800 on those Ultra Balls but overjoyed because I've never caught a legendary with a Poke Ball before.

I never caught a legendary with one pokeball, but I managed to catch a Giratina with a pokeball before.

Moltres with an ultra ball in HeartGold.
My friend was with me and he's only caught 1 ledgendary pokemon (palkia), and then was amazed.

Last edited:
In SoulSilver, I caught the Moltres in Mt. Silver with ONE dusk ball.
It was pretty cool.

In HG, I found Raikou while training. So I threw an Ultra Ball as a joke. And there I captured Raikou.

I ACTUALLY CAUGHT REGISTEEL WITH SINGLE POKEBALL.................
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Zekrom with a Quick Ball on the first turn. o_0

I also caught Raikou and Zapdos with Great Balls.

I caught my tornadus with one quick ball the second time I found him (first time was at the old ladies heal hut)

One Quick Ball on Tornadus on Black. I also caught Zekrom in one Luxury Ball on White, which was really nice, because Giratina in Platinum was a total troll.

In SoulSilver, I caught Latios in one Quick Ball.
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom