• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Havendale Mafia - The town and Smasher 101 win! - (4/12/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up in his castle, Mr. Ling had been protected from the feud ever since it began. He had bunkers to protect himself during the night and large food supplies. Up there, no one could harm him. Yet Donald Orlando had to kill him, the last bastion of resistance Havendale had. Taking his revolver with him just like he had done so many times before, he headed for the imposing building located on the far east side of the town. He climbed up the fortified wall, taking good care of not impaling himself on the metal spikes on top, and jumped down on Mr. Ling's propriety. Using the shadows as his cover, he slowly approached the massive wooden doors, opened them, and entered. Finding his way wasn't hard; the orange light of a fireplace was coming out of a room on the second story. As silently as a ghost, he climbed the stairs up and peeked in the room. Surprisingly, there was no one inside, or so it seemed. He entered it to take a closer look, and it would prove to be a bad decision. Mr. Ling, comfortably sitting in the shadows, pulled the trigger of his very own revolver and directly hit Donald, who fell on the floor and died a few seconds after, taken by surprise by his very own trick.

Santa said:
Buoysel.,

You are Donald Orlando.

A businessman through and through. When you were six, you sold lemonade two bucks a glass and somehow made that enterprise work. When you were nine, it was various toys. When you were sixteen, it was drug and alcohol. This led you to a position of power in the town: you’re the one controlling the economy.

Because of your connections with everyone, you can prevent certain people of being lynched by sending me a PM during the night titled “Night X – Save User”. The person will be immune to lynching for the next phase. However, it cannot be used in succession and cannot be used on yourself.

You are allied with the mafia, and win if you manage to create a condition in which you cannot lose. Good luck.
Buoysel., a member of the mafia, has been killed.
Confident now that Donald Orlando was dead, Mr. Ling picked up his car and headed for Havendale to announce the new of his death. On the main place of the town, a single soul was remaining, still alive after all those events. Not that the person seemed to mind. In fact, he looked more annoyed than anything. Not because of the carnage that happened, but because he would be forced to move away. Once Mr. Ling told him the good new, he climbed in his pick-up without a word and left in the sunset, in search of a new place to spend the rest of his days.

Santa said:
Smasher 101,

You are Émilien Ménard.

Havendale is the place you decided to settle in when you left your country because you were persecuted by the government in place. That’s all people know about you, beside that you work as the local butcher. People would expect you to be violent because of that, but you somehow manage to appear as a kind-hearted person.

What these people don’t know, though, is how right they are. Deep down, you love your job, and you love butchering pieces of meat. As such, would you happen to die, you would stab the closest person to you with a knife, bringing him or her down with you.

You don’t care about the current feud. All you want to do is your job. As such, you are allied with no one. You are an independent, and must survive to win. Good luck.
Smasher 101, an Independent, has won the game.
Mr. Ling was now the single person alive in Havendale. He sighed heavily and went back to his castle, where he would fetch his fortune an follow Émilien Ménard's example by moving away. This town would soon become a legend, a brooding touristic attraction, too much activity for someone who preferred peace and quiet. Maybe the Bahamas would be a good place to settle in. Or Hawaii. Only time would tell where his private jet would lead him.

Santa said:
Croag,

You are Mr. Ling.

When you arrived from your country, people feared you. After all, why would a rich man such as yourself decide to live in a backwater place such as Havendale? However, you quickly proved yourself as a hard worker and generous man, and are now among the most accepted people in town.

You own a large fortified manor. As such, every night, you can invite a person of your choice by sending me a PM saying “Night X – Protect User” and protect them from any attempt at their life.

You are allied with the town, and win if you manage to take out every members of the mafia. Good luck.
Croag, a member of the town, has won the game.
Finally, everything was over.

The town and Smasher 101 won the game. Congratulations!

Re: Havendale Mafia - Day 7 - Payback Time - (3/12/11)

The mafia's QuickTopic: Havendale Mafia QuickTopic - free message board hosting
Innocent Alliance QuickTopic: Safe Haven (Innocents Alliance) - QuickTopic free message board hosting
Town/Independent Coalition, the emptiest QuickTopic ever: Havendale Mafia (Town/Independent Coalition) - QuickTopic free message board hosting

And a small survey about the game:
  • What did you like about it?
  • What did you dislike?
  • Was it well balanced?
  • How was the flavor text in the updates?
  • Suggestions on how I could improve as a host?
  • Would you play in a sequel?

Last edited:
game survery:

what did you like about it?
The roles were interesting.

what did you dislike?
nothing

was it well balanced?
it seemed to be.

how was the flavor text in the updates?
it was interesting

Suggestions to improve as a host?
i think you did a great job

Would you play in a sequel?
Sure.

But I won too! :p

What did you like about it?
What did you dislike? Nothing at all. :D
Was it well balanced? From what I see, yes.
How was the flavor text in the updates? It was quite fleshed-out and intricate.
Suggestions on how I could improve as a host? It was great to begin with.
Would you play in a sequel? Yeah! ^0^

Ratings????????

What did you like about it? Everything.
What did you dislike? That I orchestrated the town's victory and died a phase before it was over.
Was it well balanced? Yes.
How was the flavor text in the updates? Excellent.
Suggestions on how I could improve as a host? Impose lightning round rules from final 6 on, perhaps?
Would you play in a sequel? Of course.

Ratings????????

Suggestions on how I could improve as a host? Impose lightning round rules from final 6 on, perhaps?

I'll post them in a bit.

What do you mean by lightning round rules?

I'll post them in a bit.

What do you mean by lightning round rules?

I think it means as soon as a majority is reached during the day for a lynch, end the phase early and as soon as the Nightkill is recieved during the night phase, end that phase early.

Correct, as soon as a majority is reached. The day ends. And when the nightkill is received, then the phase changes. In a game, it could be for the story telling, like since times are getting desperate to find the mafia, people just want a majority instead of waiting. Same for mafia.

And yay, ratings!

I still don't know why Shrinking Violet bandwagoned me when I tried to help her.

I wonder how the game would've played out if I'd actually been in it?

I'll think about the lightning round, though I like to give the players some time in case they would change their vote/night kill/target.

I wonder how the game would've played out if I'd actually been in it?

The players were all very quiet PM-wise, so your role wouldn't have helped much.

Here are the ratings. I might have missed a few details, but the important is there.

Town:
@DrumBeats ;
+Quickly formed an alliance and a solid network with Flame_;
+Ultimately helped the town to win with your confirmation of Smasher as an independent;
+Great use of your role.

@Croag ;
+Voted for the right person in the last phase and stayed adamant with your vote;
-Generally inactive, though it changed near the end;
-Never used your role.

@Hadesiro ;
+Guessed a mafioso right on Day 1;
-Died too early to make use of your role.

@Neonsands ;
-Inactive.

@TFSanta ;
+Won the game early with the help of your night kill immunity.

@Flame_ ;
+Quickly formed a network with DrumBeats and other confirmed innocents;
+Ultimately helped the town to win with your list of suspicions;
+Took out the Serial Killer;
+Great use of the reporter role.

@Shrinking Violet ;
+Joined Flame_ and DrumBeats' alliance early on;
~Got a mafioso by voting for Taiki on Day 3 but died instead of him.

@J J M ;
+Voted for Derier44 on Day 2 instead of TFSpock, thus helping in taking him out;
-A little inactive.

@Synthesis ;
-Inactive all along.

@Plushie ;
~Voted for Shiny Celebi, although it didn't make a difference;
-Died early after subbing for Nytie.

Mafia:
@Derier44 ;
+Caused a lot of confusion and activity on Day 1 and 2;
-Died early without using your role.

@Taiki ;
+Haven't been suspected until DrumBeats checked you;
~Died with a majority of vote, but it wasn't really your fault.

@Buoysel. ;
+Very active in the QuickTopic;
+Managed to keep other players' suspicions off of you for a while;
+Good thinking with the night kills;
-Never actually used your role;
-You could have won if you claimed Independent at the end instead of Townie.

Independents:
@Smasher 101 ;
+Survived until the end;
+Quickly joined Flame_'s alliance;
-A little inactive.

@Shiny Celebi ;
+Kept the suspicions off of you for a while;
+Survived long enough to activate your role;
-Claimed vanilla townie instead of making up a false claim.

Fun fact: DrumBeats died two times. Both Shiny Celebi and Buoysel. targeted him the night he died.

That was a very good game, my only regret being that I wished I had been more active in the beggining and survived longer, who knows, things could have been different. Santa, you were a great host and I honestly have no complaints.

Sorry for not really following the game after I died. I have no idea what went on after that. ^^;

Damn it, I came so close too! I should have claimed indep at the end, although I guess that wouldn't have made sense either. ._. I played as best as I could, but in the end the town won over. Smasher 101 was probably an integral part of the town's winning, as my plans all depended on him for the last day. Good thing I chose not to kill him either, or the game would have been over a bit sooner.

@Croag sorry for seeming rude or offensive when trying to counter you in the last phase. It was a ruse, you understand, and I was trying to make myself seem a bit more innocent. I guess it didn't work. SHRUG.

Thanks for hosting @Santa!

Woo! Townie and Independent win. Although I'll admit I should have used my role much more (or at all), so thanks for the opportunity to play, Santa!

Buoysel, nope it's okay! I'd do the same. :p

You say inactive, I say being a hunter.

A tiger can't blindly chase after its prey. It must wait and move silently before it strikes at the most effective moment. This tiger was just cut a little short.

Rawr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom