• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

HGSS Help Thread (aka Simple Questions/Simple Answers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have a question, is the Shiny Leaf rare or not? My Eevee found one just a few minutes ago.

So I have a question, is the Shiny Leaf rare or not? My Eevee found one just a few minutes ago.
It is just another way to get a star on your Trainer Card. It is somewhat rare because of how much work it takes to actually get all five of them. If you need more information I would suggest checking out the Shiny Leaf page.

This might not qualify as a question, but, my team's hovering around level 22 and I'm already in olivine. Do you think that I'm underleveled?

This might not qualify as a question, but, my team's hovering around level 22 and I'm already in olivine. Do you think that I'm underleveled?
You are pretty decently leveled. I would suggest trying to get up to at least level 25 though, then go take on the trainers in the Glitter Lighthouse who are all around level 20. After going through Route 40 and getting in Cianwood City you should be just about the right level to take on Chuck which should be around level 30.

So my GF and I mixed records in HG and SS. What exactly does this do in those versions? On the wiki, it only says what happens in Gen. III and in Diamond,Pearl,and Platinum.

So my GF and I mixed records in HG and SS. What exactly does this do in those versions? On the wiki, it only says what happens in Gen. III and in Diamond,Pearl,and Platinum.
My guess is that it pretty much does everything similar to the previous generations such as having television shows with the other trainers on it. It may have to do with one of the shows on the Pokégear as well.

What song do i play on my pokegear to wake up the snorlax
First off, you must have received the EXPN card from the Lavender City Radio Tower. Then head on over to Route 11 which is just east of Vermilion City and go over to the Snorlax. First off, save just incase. Then Open up your Pokégear and change to the Radio Station. Then click the very top center of the circle and it should change it to the Pokéflute station. You can then talk to the Snorlax to begin the battle.

I'm looking to breed for a Modest Yanmega with Tinted Lens, but I'm a little confused. If I get a Modest Yanma with Speed Boost, will the Yanmega have this ability too or is it a 50% chance of getting either ability? (I've bred a box and a half of Yanma already, trekking around is getting annoying.)

I just fixed it and added some stuff. A much easier guide that I found for the Pictures can be found here.
I noticed on there that Chuck isn't listed as a person to have a picture taken with. On both Serebii and Bulbapedia, he is listed as having his picture taking on route 47 on Sunday. It's currently Sunday and he's still in his gym under the waterfall. I do have his phone number and I've gotten all 16 badges. Is there anything else I'm missing?

I finally found the station with the weird Unown radio signals, turns out you have to be inside the actual ruins.

What I'm wondering is, for those people who still have access to Sinjoh ruins, does that weird radio signal exist inside the ruins as well?

I noticed on there that Chuck isn't listed as a person to have a picture taken with. On both Serebii and Bulbapedia, he is listed as having his picture taking on route 47 on Sunday. It's currently Sunday and he's still in his gym under the waterfall. I do have his phone number and I've gotten all 16 badges. Is there anything else I'm missing?
This took quite some researching but I finally figured it out. He is hidden, and very well at that. You are going to want to have a Pokemon with Surf and Waterfall on your team, and then go to the Waterfall that is directly behind Crasher Wake on the route. To get to that Waterfall you must you need to go to the bottom floor of Cliff Cave and exit, then head to your west until you reach the furthest waterfall. Go up it and follow it around until you come to a dead end then you will see Chuck who is just standing there and will ask if you would like to take a picture with him. Also, pick up the White flute that is just a little bit further ahead up the stairs as well.

I finally found the station with the weird Unown radio signals, turns out you have to be inside the actual ruins.

What I'm wondering is, for those people who still have access to Sinjoh ruins, does that weird radio signal exist inside the ruins as well?
That is an interesting question, I haven't used my event Arceus yet and am going to wait until I beat Red. Someone probably can check though for you.

i saved right before lance here is wat i have garyados 49 magnaton 46 typlosion 45 dragonair 41 and ho oh 52

Re: HGSS Help Thread

Is there anywhere I can find game locations yet? Specifically, I'm looking for Teddiursa and Larvitar

Larvitar can be found in Mt. Silver, and teddiursa can be found there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom