• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

High School Bans "Meep"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is, there's a way to take care of it. Kick the moron out for being a persistent annoyance. Banning a word, that's just stupid.

Thing is, there's a way to take care of it. Kick the moron out for being a persistent annoyance. Banning a word, that's just stupid.

Lol, if the kid that started the Meeping business was there long enough to actually annoy the staff then it probably spreads. I can imagine a kid down the hall creeping his way pass the teachers/other kids saying "Meeeeeeeeeeepppppp......"

Agreed. Just because a word is annoying doesn't mean it should be banned.

The article said:
The utterance favored by bungling lab assistant Beaker of "The Muppet Show" has been banned at Danvers High School in Massachusetts after students said it to repeatedly interrupt school.

Hard to ban one when it's a group activity. What's easier? Banning the word used to annoy or kicking out the majority of a class (likely SEVERAL classes)?

The rule SOUNDS ridiculous...but it makes complete sense. I think people are focusing too much on the word, and not enough on the act of disrupting class. It's easy to kick one student out of a class and deal with them, but if it's numerous students, a different tact is usually necessary.

The rule SOUNDS ridiculous...but it makes complete sense. I think people are focusing too much on the word, and not enough on the act of disrupting class. It's easy to kick one student out of a class and deal with them, but if it's numerous students, a different tact is usually necessary.

Agreed. Since this probably does apply to a whole lot of students, I think that banning the word was the right thing to do.

Still sounds stupid to ban a word though...

So they banned a word. They'll just find another word to use to annoy. I thought there was a rule against interrupting class period. Banning a word just makes them look silly and doesn't solve the main problem.

Oh, and meep.

So they banned a word. They'll just find another word to use to annoy. I thought there was a rule against interrupting class period. Banning a word just makes them look silly and doesn't solve the main problem.

Oh, and meep.

There's ALWAYS a rule about not interrupting class, but if a specific thing is used, you usually make sure you ban that specific thing so as to rule out any confusion people might profess to having. Like the oft-said response to "don't say a peep."

*May or may not know people who were involved in that*

EDIT: Okay, people, we get it. "Meep" was banned in a public high school. It's a fun word to say, and you're absolutely hilarious when you repeat it over and over again in a thread to show how anti-establishment and rebellious you are. Now, seriously, get on with your lives.

There's ALWAYS a rule about not interrupting class, but if a specific thing is used, you usually make sure you ban that specific thing so as to rule out any confusion people might profess to having. Like the oft-said response to "don't say a peep."
In addition, it's no different than banning cellphones, mp3 players, and whatever else from being used during class, as it /is/ a disruption (and pretty fucking rude and disrespectful to your teachers; you don't wanna learn? The door is right there, so don't come back).

Oh, and if you text during class, you're a bona fide loser ur a bonnifide luser. FYI.

"Meep". This sounds fairly ridiculous.~

Please tell me this will be quickly relegated to the level of guideline, like the dress code...

School bans everything who distracts students.They will start banning every word now.In my school,you can't run,but the students don't care about it.
EDIT:School is what my signature says+a bunch of stupid laws.

what the meepin cheep? i think thats a big piece of cheep, don't you meeps think so too?

They banned it at Cyprus High, too. In Cyprus, CA. My friend goes there, and after they heard it was banned at the other school, they started saying MEEP until it got banned there too. XD

I honestly think this entire thing is hilarious. Meep.

Oh, God, they've banned it in my state. I'd hate to see what the school district becomes...

One where they issue a ball gag as part of the school uniform.
Somebody start a Sesame Street Martian uprising now, before it's too late!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom