• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Homestuck Mafia, Act 1 - 4/13 - Endgame: Agents of Derse win!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Homestuck Mafia, Act 1 - 3/11/13 - ACT 3: Flighty Broads and their Snarky Horsec

Neosquid, do you think that there are any characters that fit reporter that would be part of the Players? If there is, I'd say Mijz is fully clear, but he hasn't posted a report yet.
It's hard to say. There's no specific person that really fits that role, that I can think of. Dave runs a blog, and frequently brags about it, so he's probably the most likely candidate.

That or Doctor Scratch, but I forget if he's even introduced in the acts this game is based on. Considering how the hosts are using his white text, it's possible that he does have a role in this game; or, perhaps the hosts are Doctor Scratch. If Doctor Scratch has a role in this game, I'm not sure if it would be mafia or town allied. Could be independent.

Oh, and remember not to go all out on the spoilers, since some people here haven't read through all of Homestuck. I'm on act 6, myself.

Re: Homestuck Mafia, Act 1 - 3/11/13 - ACT 3: Flighty Broads and their Snarky Horsec

Doc Scratch is probably independent, if he's a player role at all.

@HumanDawn; If I see a lynch about to happen, before the end of the Day phase I can send in a PM and stop that person from getting lynched. I can't protect myself from getting lynched, and I can only do this once. I claimed to Zima, by the way, before she went and got herself modkilled, in return for her claim.

Okay, thank you.

Why did you claim to her? Why did she claim to you?

Would you mind sharing the conversation?

My speculation on Rose's ability was completely valid, given the perimeters of her role in the comic. But since Froakie didn't die on Night 1, she must have received Doctor protection - which means you couldn't have.

I don't know the perimeters of her role in the comic, so if you explained that would be nice.

How would it have been too risky for other mafiosi to defend buoy? It was Day 1, nobody knew anything about anybody. There was no real reason for them not to try and defend him, because what's the point of losing a teammate on Day 1, especially to what started as a randomvote?

I guess the inactivity theory is sounding plausible.

Vote: ectoBiologist

You haven't said a word since your (late) role confirmation. What gives?

He's a new player though, but him being Mafia and not saving Buoy would explain how Buoy got lynched like that. And:

As excellent hosts

The hosts say they're excellent, but leaving a player in the game for over a week with no phase change when subs exist that could replace them is not :p.

Vote: ectoBiologist

@ectoBiologist;

Anything to say?

EDIT: wait wait wait

She hasn't posted in this forum since the 9th of March ._.

Unvote: ectoBiologist
@Phoenicks; @twinArmageddons;

sub maybe? :p

adios I think it's best to unvote her.

Last edited:

Okay, thank you.

Why did you claim to her? Why did she claim to you?

Would you mind sharing the conversation?

In a nutshell, I asked her why she was so panicky about wanting protection, and what she claimed to you. She wanted my claim in return.

I don't know the perimeters of her role in the comic, so if you explained that would be nice.

Rose is the Seer of Light. Seer is fairly self-explanitory, they see or know things that other people can't. Light, in the comic, tends to refer to luck or fortune; thus, Rose has the power to see the most fortuitous path and dictate her actions accordingly to achieve the best possible outcome.

If she's not around to post, then she's not around to play, even if she is town. My vote stays, unless someone can come up with a better reason to vote for someone else before the end of the phase.

Rose is the Seer of Light. Seer is fairly self-explanitory, they see or know things that other people can't. Light, in the comic, tends to refer to luck or fortune; thus, Rose has the power to see the most fortuitous path and dictate her actions accordingly to achieve the best possible outcome.

I... am still not seeing the connection ^^;. I haven't read Homestuck so that may be it.

I've read the FT and nowhere does it mention a "Seer of Light" or anything about "Light", "Luck" or "Fortune". If maybe it's the writing, because she's a writer from what I've read, it also says "excellent hosts", so it can't be Rose, but Phoenicks praising himself and twinArmageddons. I think you said somewhere it was the "images". Are you saying that she had a vision that that destruction would happen? I saw it as being just a "Mafia attack" that just failed(although the place was burning). I can see now where you got the idea that she'd have 1x Nightkill Immune, but the Doctor music proved otherwise.

Still, there remains the fact if she were protected and no kill happened, the Doctor would have then logically claimed to her(what Doctor wouldn't?), and when I claimed of getting a Doctor claim, Froakie would have asked the Doctor if they claimed to me, and I would have gotten in a lot of trouble and suspicion if they said they didn't.

As I got a Doctor claim that claimed of having protected me Night 1, I don't see how it Froakie got protection, and with what happened in Day 1, I can't find a reason why they would even protect her.

If she's not around to post, then she's not around to play, even if she is town. My vote stays, unless someone can come up with a better reason to vote for someone else before the end of the phase.

Later today I'll post my thoughts.

Last edited:

I've read the FT and nowhere does it mention a "Seer of Light" or anything about "Light", "Luck" or "Fortune". If maybe it's the writing, because she's a writer from what I've read, it also says "excellent hosts", so it can't be Rose, but Phoenicks praising himself and twinArmageddons. I think you said somewhere it was the "images". Are you saying that she had a vision that that destruction would happen? I saw it as being just a "Mafia attack" that just failed(although the place was burning). I can see now where you got the idea that she'd have 1x Nightkill Immune, but the Doctor music proved otherwise.

The images in the phase change came from a point in the comic where she narrowly escapes her house burning down. As for Light being the rough equivalent to luck or fortune, it becomes apparent in the comic, but my basic point was, from a standpoint of a mafia game, not much is more fortuitous than avoiding a nightkill. The having a vision of it or something would probably be in the flavor text.

Still, there remains the fact if she were protected and no kill happened, the Doctor would have then logically claimed to her(what Doctor wouldn't?), and when I claimed of getting a Doctor claim, Froakie would have asked the Doctor if they claimed to me, and I would have gotten in a lot of trouble and suspicion if they said they didn't.

Not everything revolves around claims. Just because YOU would claim to someone you protected doesn't mean that's always the best thing to do.

[The update will be called in 3 hours at 10 AM EST.]

((We're sorry for missing another one; I'm in China Time and TA is now off Spring Break.))
sub maybe? :p

[Oh for heaven's sake.

I was prepared to allow you to continue playing, but if you insist on requesting a substitute, who am I to refuse a guest his wish?

Besides an omnipotent being, of course.
]

If maybe it's the writing, because she's a writer from what I've read, it also says "excellent hosts", so it can't be Rose, but Phoenicks praising himself and twinArmageddons.

[I am right to be smug. I am omniscient, extremely powerful, and very charming. ]

Last edited:

END OF ACT 3:

tumblr_mghqrvYn5E1r87pt3o1_500.gif

[Today, without embellishment, adornment, or flattery, we shall proceed. ]

Beatdown (Strider Style) | Homestuck
[video=youtube;RI7y7ZkkOJs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI7y7ZkkOJs[/video]

[That was not excessive, for a good host can fulfill the requests of his guests without being asked. It requires omniscience, but I as I am an excellent host, this proves no problem.]

[Now, where were we?]

00462.gif

[Never mind, I figured it out instantly because of my unfathomable intellect, limitless knowledge, and mind boggling charisma. Granted, my charisma had less to do with it than the other qualities. But it didn't hurt, did it?]

[Here, I'll show you.]

01879.gif

72254655.png

ectoBiologist,

ogmazt.png

309rnfr.png

00612.gif

You already know that you’re Bro Strider because there’s not a chance in hell that any little dude could copy your inimitable charisma. You already know that this entire clandestine communique is in its totality a fucking waste of time, and that this next sentence that establishes your faculties is basically a joke. With your rad puppet Lil’ Cal, you can perform actions through him that are too rad to be seen. In addition to your regular vote, you can cast an extra vote through Lil’ Cal’s inexplicable properties. To use this extra vote, say “FOS: PLAYER” in the public thread.

You are allied with the Players. You win when all of the Mafia are eliminated.

00456.gif

ectoBiologist, an ally to the Players, has been lynched.

[As always I have prepared an assortment of letters and entries for your amusement. I have been considerate enough to organize them in a perfectly intelligible format. No doubt you will find them quite elucidating. ]

Akuraito: what
Human: i'm gonna

00463.gif

[Hee hee.]

You have 24 hours to submit actions and discuss.

START OF INTERMISSION 3:

Last edited:

END OF INTERMISSION 3:

tumblr_mghqrvYn5E1r87pt3o1_500.gif

[Today I will attempt to humbly present to you one of the greatest tales unknown to man. I use the word "attempt" lightly, for my omnipotence suggests that my attempt will be successful. I also use the word "suggests" lightly. Hee hee. I will also present sufficient humility. I'm quite good at it.]

260px-JohnHouse.jpg

Showtime (Original Mix) | Homestuck

[Now, where was i?]

00163.gif

[My my. Will you look at this mess. My notes are now in hopeless disarray.

Feel free to examine the rest while I tidy.]

"Homestuck:"

00001.gif

"Enter Name:"

00002.gif

"Try Again:"

00003.gif

"Have Dramatic Reveal:"

Revelawesome | Homestuck

"Jack: Call a Minion"

00957_2.gif

"Commence Showdown:"

Harleboss | Homestuck

Neosquid,

00003.gif

FeoIA.png

00038.gif

rbZcW.png

I hope you like hammers, dude. Because you, John Egbert, you are the hammer. If you have voted for a player and that player is tied with another player in votes, your vote will break the tie.

You are allied with the Players. You win when all of the Derse Agents are eliminated.
Neosquid, one of the Players, has been killed.

[Here are a few more notes to tide you over while I tidy. My supply is limitless. After all, I am an excellent host.]

HumanDawn: Hey, Nepeta Leijon claimed to me. I know what her ability is. Just so you know.

Master Mew: If I didn't already think you were Town, I'd suspect you were rolefishing.

As it stands, I have no reason not to believe you. Why are you telling me this?

Master Mew: I don't have a defense. Don't need one.

Is the person who "if talked to or talks to someone can't get leaked what was talked about either" X-shot or permanent?

I'm still waiting to hear back from Nick on how many times/if she used it.

I need to get ready for work now, let's pick this up later, please.

[I almost missed this one in the chaos. By which, I mean, I always knew it was here.]

Report said:

You have 24 hours to vote.

START OF ACT 4:

@Parma I forgot you were playing this game, what are your thoughts? A fresh perspective would be appreciated

Aww, the mafia got me. Wish I could have done more before dying. Good luck, town!

vote: Tailisu10

He reacted shocked to buoy's lynch. And I don't know much else to go on.

@Mijzelffan; What post are you referring to?

@Tailisu; Have anything to say?

Really? Because It's the norm to vote someone on day one, that's why I was shocked.

Eh, I admit I was kinda shocked at buoy's lynch too, but that's only because randomvoting actually led to something productive. But if it takes putting a vote on someone to get other people to actually post in the thread, then we're never gonna get anywhere.

@Parma; Seriously, get in here, please?

EDIT: Okay, I just looked, and Parma hasn't posted anything in four days -_- @Yatagarasu;, on the other hand, has posted something as recently as yesterday, but hasn't said a word in here.

Vote: Yatagarasu

Will this get your attention?

Last edited:

Eh, I admit I was kinda shocked at buoy's lynch too, but that's only because randomvoting actually led to something productive. But if it takes putting a vote on someone to get other people to actually post in the thread, then we're never gonna get anywhere.

@Parma; Seriously, get in here, please?

EDIT: Okay, I just looked, and Parma hasn't posted anything in four days -_- @Yatagarasu;, on the other hand, has posted something as recently as yesterday, but hasn't said a word in here.

Vote: Yatagarasu

Will this get your attention?

stitched_mouth_ii_by_ceridwenn-d2vozn9.jpg

Ok, lovely. Got any thoughts you can conveniently distill into image format?

Maybe that's how she communicates with her role?

-_- That was established a long time ago...

Look, I'll even unvote you. Just, please, God, let's actually have some contribution!

unvote: Yatagarasu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom