• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Homestuck Mafia, Act 1 - 4/13 - Endgame: Agents of Derse win!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Homestuck Mafia, Act 1 - 3/11/13 - INTERMISSION 2: A letter, lost.

Oh my god. Despite the fact that she posted screenshots when it wasn't allowed, but why on earth didn't she block out her role at least? If she was worried about leaking that info to Human who "may potentially be mafia" then it's certainly no help showing the role to the entire town when she wasn't even under any votes...

... also you never out in thread for someone to protect you whilst the mafia don't know your role, because it only indicates that you have a power role aka really important role aka never mention that in thread!

... that aside, @HumanDawn; please answer my question.

Re: Homestuck Mafia, Act 1 - 3/10/13 - ACT 2: Savior of the Dreaming Dead.

The doctor could very well still get bumped off because of this little stunt, though. "Hm, someone claimed doctor to HumanDawn? Let's go through the thread and use common glubbing sense to figure out who he's been in contact with and seems to trust him enough to claim to him."

viola-heehee(a).gif

Human, if you now have a JOAT and a doctor claim - do you know who the doctor protected? Because if it wasn't you, then the person they targeted just very might as well have been the mafia kill target.

The Doctor said they protected me Night 1. As there have been no counter claims, I'm willing to trust them. They asked for my claim, and in just 3 seconds I proved it.

FoS: HumanDawn

If you're town (still a pretty big "if"),

You have yet to explain why it's a big if.

you are being extremely reckless by expecting people to claim to you and then revealing those claims in public.

Well, I do expect certain people to claim to me. I only revealed one claim, a power role that is pretty much in every Mafia game.

You're not only endangering yourself,

Well, the Mafia would target somebody who has a lot of claims, and it's a risk I'll have to take.

but also the people who claimed to you.

viola-heehee(a).gif

You also have yet to provide proof of your protection from the JOAT (though looking back at the thread you initially said it was from the doctor), provide an answer to Froakie's question even though I saw you looking at the thread after she posted it, or respond to my invitation to contact me privately about your suspicions about me.

The uncounterclaimed Doctor claimed to me and told me they protected me Night One now. There have been no counter claims. Are you now expecting proof that the Doctor claimed to me? No Doctor has counterclaimed, and I think they'd have said something by now. Plus it's a big risk for me to lie about having received a Doctor claim. I never initially said such a thing. I said that I got doctor protection, not that a Doctor had protected me. There's a distinction.

How could I have proven myself? I'm pretty sure I went to sleep at around 2:30AM, so I couldn't have seen it. I asked you a couple of questions myself and you didn't answer them. What invitation?

So to get this straight, the JOAT and the Doctor have both claimed to you and both provided protection on you?

Wait, you said the JOAT protected you, and now you're saying the Doctor protected you? Which one was it?

So to get this straight, the JOAT and the Doctor have both claimed to you and both provided protection on you?

Wait, you said the JOAT protected you, and now you're saying the Doctor protected you? Which one was it?

There was no JOAT in the first place.

The Doctor lied about being a JOAT with a 1x doc protection to be extra cautious. I then proved my power role instantly, and they then told me the whole truth.

>Proved my power role instantly.
There are only very specific power roles that could now be in a game this size. Why would you put yourself in even more danger from the mafia kill?

>Proved my power role instantly.
There are only very specific power roles that could now be in a game this size. Why would you put yourself in even more danger from the mafia kill?

Because Doctor Protection?

And my power role can be everyone's power role if it's shared. If the Mafia got hands on it, things could be really deadly for the Town.

I was honestly suspicious of Zima there, but I guess she was just a townie.

Humandawn is acting weird, I'm not going to lie. But, thinking about it, he has two things going for him: being the second person to vote Buoy (that still counts for something), and the lack of a doctor counterclaim anywhere. The lack of a mafia kill on night one, according to Humandawn, was the result of the doctor (who at first claimed to be a JOAT) protecting him. Do we have any other explanation for this?

I wish the doctor could speak up without the obvious risk of being nightkilled. Then we could find out how truthful Humandawn is being. Too bad we don't have any confirmed town...

@HumanDawn; I really don't feel like quoting you over and over again, so I'm just going to respond.

1. When the convo between you, Midorikawa, and Akuraito leaked, it revealed that one of you was suspicious about me. I invited all three of you to contact me privately about these suspicions.

2. It's a pretty damn big "if" because you are arrogantly assuming that you're important enough to be protected over everyone else playing, even the doctor themselves. You are acting extremely suspicious, your claim about the protection still unproven and the story behind it now having changed three times, and brazenly announcing that you have a "power role" to attempt to further convince us of your importance to the town without giving any information about what the role actually is. If you feel so safe, why not publicly claim in full detail?

@Neosquid; The lack of a kill on night 1 can be attributed to the doctor or a role - as I previously speculated, the pictures indicated that they went after Rose, who's title as the Seer of Light could very logically include a one-time kill immunity. HumanDawn, seeing that there was no kill, immediately claimed that he had been the target and received protection. Neither the JOAT or the Doctor (whoever it really was) could safely counter his claim without revealing themselves - which might be why he now claims to know who the Doctor is.

3. You are not confirmed innocent, and therefore have absolutely no right to expect claims from anyone. Even if you were confirmed innocent, no one is under any kind of obligation to claim to you. The game does not revolve around you, and your arrogant behavior is doing nothing to help your claims of innocence.

4. Yes, as a matter of fact. If you could produce such proof, I'd love to see it, because right now, you're looking scummier than an infested swamp. I don't care if you put the second vote on Buoy on Day 1 - you are acting like a threat to the town, and I will continue to treat you as such until such proof is revealed.

@HumanDawn; When did the doctor tell you that they protected you? Give me the time from the PM, I'm curious.

END OF INTERMISSION 2:
tumblr_mghqrvYn5E1r87pt3o1_500.gif

[video=youtube;gOSnen64a7M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOSnen64a7M[/video]

Sburban Jungle | Homestuck

I see that you've taken an interest in my protege. Would you like to be introduced to her? She's quite fiesty. Hee hee.

Of course not, for a good host would never introduce the possibility of conflict between guests. And I'm the best host there is.

Instead, today our story will cover something much more interesting -- the story of the heir and th--

tumblr_m5mfdiujll1rvxgabo1_500.gif

Ah, I can see that my protege is eager to introduce herself anyways. Very well, but we'll make this brief, for I have many other points of hospitality to attend to, and only unlimited time in which to do so.

00370.gif

Now, child, as you have been very naughty, I'm afraid that I will have to give you the stiffest of penalties. Hoo hoo.

twinArmageddons said:
Croag, you are
00216.gif

yYlJs.png

00375.gif

bvQay.png

fLZxv.png

Though you may not be exceptionally practical, you are elegant. Using your tree modus, you may rebalance the game by assuming the role of one dead player. If the right role strikes your fancy, send us a PM stating “Rebalance: Player name”. You will recieve that role and all its powers.

You are allied with the Players. You win win all of the Mafia are eliminated.

Croag, allied with the Players, was killed during the intermission.

Here are the messages I promised to you, as I intended, once again in chronological order. Hee.

HumanDawn: In my opinion I think it's best if you use it on Zima. What do you think?
Zima: Hey, HumanDawn. Since I'm pretty sure that you're town, and you wanted my claim, I thought I would claim to you. inb4 this gets revealed.

I'm the backup cop. Please, please, please do not tell the thread. I'm acting intentionally scummy so the mafia won't kill me, and since I softclaimed earlier, people will know it's me.

What are you?
Neosquid: semi late reply

He is. I'm still more suspicious of Zima at the moment, though, with Humandawn at least having that whole "death of Buoy" thing going for him. I share some of your suspicious, though.
adiosToreador: I'm gonna FoS him, but I probably won't actually vote for him unless he does something obviously scummy. Right now, I'm getting the feeling that he's just a stupidly reckless townie who's way too assured of his own innocence and safety. Seriously, who goes around expecting people to claim to them and then reveals what roles were claimed in public like that?

I know we should be keeping these to a minimum, but I have to ask - why do you suspect Zima so much? I know she doesn't usually lurk this much, but I don't read that as an immediate scumtell.
adiosToreador: He's just looking scummier and scummier.

I'm a one-shot lynch doctor.
Mijzelffan: Well based on their reactions I wouldn't be surprised if for instance Froakie and Feliciano started voting you tomorrow, that's what I meant.

Also I'm the reporter. You?

@Nepeta Leijon; is being replaced by @Master Mew;.
THE PHASE ENDS AT 11 PM EST, 13 MARCH 2013. YOU HAVE 22 HOURS.

START OF ACT 3:

Last edited:
Re: Homestuck Mafia, Act 1 - 3/11/13 - ACT 3: Flighty Broads and their Snarky Horsec

Role confirmed.

I've skimmed the thread and scoped out the general layout of the game up to this point. I've concluded that the primary event of the game thus far is still the Day 1 lynch - is this a fair assessment?

There seem to be two camps of thought on this topic - the camp that believes HumanDawn is mostly cleared by this event, and the camp that suspects conspiracy.

I lean heavily toward the former. I have a very hard time imagining scum-Human spearheading a lynch on his partner like that - read through the interactions between Human and Buoy and it becomes evident (to me) that Human was serious and Buoy was genuinely frustrated at what he perceived to be poor reasoning, rather than scum confused as to why his partner is lynching him.

Someone tell me why I'm wrong.

Re: Homestuck Mafia, Act 1 - 3/11/13 - ACT 3: Flighty Broads and their Snarky Horsec

@twinArmageddons; or @Phoenicks; I'm pretty sure those are bits of a few separate conversations - could they possibly be separated a little more?

@Master Mew; HumanDawn claimed he received Doctor protection Night 1 (though he first claimed that it was the JOAT who protected him), where the images indicated that Rose (Froakie) was the intended target. Seeing as how I was wrong about Rose's role including a kill immunity, Froakie must have been the one who received protection Night 1. Since HumanDawn was now obviously not the target on Night 1, this presents three possibilities: HumanDawn did not receive any protection, HumanDawn received protection from the doctor while a JOAT protected Froakie, or HumanDawn actually was protected by the JOAT while the Doctor protected Froakie. My gut is telling me that HumanDawn lied about his protection in order to bait either the JOAT or the Doctor into claiming to him, since there was no way they could safely do so without exposing themselves.

As for his interactions with buoy on Day 1, I admit I have little in the way of a response. I also don't have a solid argument as to why, if HumanDawn was scum, the other mafiosi wouldn't have taken a more active hand in defending buoy in an attempt to stop a stupid move by their teammate. The only reason for that I can think of is sheer inactivity. I'm mainly getting scumreads off of his actions since then, since he appears to believe that he's now the most important person in the game and anyone who doesn't agree is suspicious. I remain far from convinced about his innocence, but either way, his arrogant and reckless behavior in believing that he is completely safe from harm is, IMO, harmful to the town.

Hm. Two revealed messages from me. I must have been more talkative than usual last night. But I suppose the cat's out of the bag now; game, you have my claim. Anyone who can is free to check me if they think I'm lying, and my invitation to those who still find me suspicious to contact me privately still stands.

EDIT: Interesting how Mijz speculates that Froakie and I are going to start voting for someone this phase, and then Froakie ends up dead.

Last edited:

Lol oh well. I had the feeling I was going to die. :p

Good luck town

Phoenix Wright: Trials & Tribulations ~ Examination (Allegro) Extended - YouTube

Phoenix Wright Allegro themes make me have so much more fun.

@HumanDawn; When did the doctor tell you that they protected you? Give me the time from the PM, I'm curious.

They claimed to me of being the JOAT Day 2, then told me they were the Doctor Night 2 when I told them my power. What? Giving the time could be a hint to who they are, so I'm not telling you.

adiosToreador:he's just a townie who's way too assured of his own innocence and safety. Seriously, who goes around expecting people to claim to them and then reveals what roles were claimed in public like that?

I have every right to say I'm assured of my own innocence and safety. Helping to lynch Mafia Day 1, even giving reasons later on that justified the vote outside of random voting, getting the Mafia I lynched to even debate against how it wasn't because I was right after their death, that it was just purely random voting, and getting an uncounterclaimed Doctor that said they protected me Night 1, along with how no Nightkill happened, I'd say yeah, I'm pretty much confirmed at this point. I expect people to claim to me because there's no good reason not to if there's no way for me(1%, maybe?) to be Mafia, and if they really want to win, they'd ally up with other townies, talk to them (like you did with Neosquid apparently) to eliminate the allied Mafia.

I have a very hard time imagining scum-Human spearheading a lynch on his partner like that - read through the interactions between Human and Buoy and it becomes evident (to me) that Human was serious and Buoy was genuinely frustrated at what he perceived to be poor reasoning, rather than scum confused as to why his partner is lynching him.

He really was genuinely frustrated.

1. When the convo between you, Midorikawa, and Akuraito leaked, it revealed that one of you was suspicious about me. I invited all three of you to contact me privately about these suspicions.

I don't recall ever saying I thought you were suspicious, so you'd better ask them.

2. It's a pretty damn big "if" because you are arrogantly assuming that you're important enough to be protected over everyone else playing, even the doctor themselves.

It isn't assuming if there's a good logical reason for it. I think the Mafia don't know who they are, and I don't know if they can even protect themselves, I'll have to ask them.

You are acting extremely suspicious,

Which stem from illogical suspicions.

your claim about the protection still unproven and the story behind it now having changed three times,

The fact still remains that I got a Doctor claim later on, and there hasn't been any logical proof against it, and the story behind it changed only once they claimed of being the real Doctor.

and brazenly announcing that you have a "power role" to attempt to further convince us of your importance to the town without giving any information about what the role actually is. If you feel so safe, why not publicly claim in full detail?

Valid point. Maybe if it made more players claim to me, then it would be pro-town to claim it.

I have access to a QT where everything that is posted in it CAN NOT BE LEAKED. Now, why would a Mafia member have access to one? Wouldn't it be best if they used it for themselves? It's QT title is "Buries Session" by the way.

Here are the first 5 QT Posts:

hurristat
01-14-2013
01:31 AM ET (US)
PMs in this chat have a 100% guarantee of not being leaked.Edited 03-05-2013 05:46 PM
Human
03-05-2013
03:35 AM ET (US)
EDIT
DELETE
Okay, good.Edited 03-10-2013 08:14 AM
hurristat
03-05-2013
09:48 AM ET (US)
You don't have one.Edited 03-05-2013 05:46 PM
Human
03-05-2013
10:49 AM ET (US)
EDIT
DELETE
So... my ability is that I get a QT that I can make for myself anyway...

Oh I get it now. There's probably some Mafia spy out there, and they won't be able to spy on this, great.

Can I share it with anyone?
hurristat
03-05-2013
05:42 PM ET (US)
The point of this chat is clear from the beginning. Reread the rules.

To answer your question: can you?Edited 03-05-2013 05:46 PM

When the Doctor saw what the host said, they said their full claim.

The QT was why I thought I had a mason.

HumanDawn, seeing that there was no kill, immediately claimed that he had been the target and received protection. Neither the JOAT or the Doctor (whoever it really was) could safely counter his claim without revealing themselves - which might be why he now claims to know who the Doctor is.

Low possibility. If they revealed themselves like that, I'd be guaranteed a lynch, when it would be safer for me as Mafia to pull that up later maybe.

3. You are not confirmed innocent, and therefore have absolutely no right to expect claims from anyone. Even if you were confirmed innocent, no one is under any kind of obligation to claim to you. The game does not revolve around you,

Yes I am, there's no proof that I am not, while there's plenty that I am. Yes I do. They aren't in any kind of obligation, but it would help the Town. I know it doesn't revolve around me, everyone has their right to their own opinion, and in this game, it would be helpful if it was made sense and was justified, and if they did claim, the Town could find who the Mafia are instantly with no worries of leaking our plans with the QT. They may not be proven Town with the claim, but they would help finding who the Mafia are quicker by claiming to trustworthy people.

4. Yes, as a matter of fact. If you could produce such proof, I'd love to see it, because right now, you're looking scummier than an infested swamp. I don't care if you put the second vote on Buoy on Day 1 - you are acting like a threat to the town, and I will continue to treat you as such until such proof is revealed.

How? How?
@Master Mew; HumanDawn claimed he received Doctor protection Night 1 (though he first claimed that it was the JOAT who protected him), where the images indicated that Rose (Froakie) was the intended target.

Yeah, the Doctor first claimed of being a JOAT to be cautious. I don't know much of Homestuck outside the first 50 pages I read, so I'd love an explanation as to how the images indicated that Rose was the intended target. Also, here's some host meta, Phoenicks, who wrote the FT(I think, not sure if it's from Homestuck), doesn't give away hints as to who was target.

Seeing as how I was wrong about Rose's role including a kill immunity,

There was evidence that you were wrong before you even brought up the theory. Phoenicks posted a soundtrack from Homestuck, whose name was "Doctor".

There's a contradiction with your logic here. You came up with the theory that Rose was the one that was targeted through the FT somehow(how you did, I don't know), but you came up with a theory that it's because she has a kill immunity like Nightkill Immune for example, when the FT itself confirmed that it was through doctor protection with "Doctor".

Froakie must have been the one who received protection Night 1. Since HumanDawn was now obviously not the target on Night 1,

You have to explain how Froakie must have been the one who received protection Night 1, because I'm not seeing how she much have been. No, I am not obviously not the target on Night 1. You don't go claiming things that happened as fact without evidence to back it up.

this presents three possibilities: HumanDawn did not receive any protection, HumanDawn received protection from the doctor while a JOAT protected Froakie, or HumanDawn actually was protected by the JOAT while the Doctor protected Froakie. My gut is telling me that HumanDawn lied about his protection in order to bait either the JOAT or the Doctor into claiming to him, since there was no way they could safely do so without exposing themselves.

This is with you treating it as fact, when there is no evidence backing it up. Okay, here's some food for thought, if the Doctor really protected Froakie, I'm sure they would have contacted them. Instead the Doctor contacted me, not Froakie. That would guarantee a mislynch on me sooner or later, and I'd have better been claiming that a Cop contacted me to draw the real Cop. I also wouldn't have said that I got the Doctor to claim to me outloud, because then that would prevent me Nightkilling them with less suspicion if I were, and I would thus not be that suspected. "Hey, HumanDawn could have gotten a claim from the Doctor and then Nightkilled them." is more to my advantage than "Hey, HumanDawn actually got a Doctor claim and they then got killed!".

As for his interactions with buoy on Day 1, I admit I have little in the way of a response. I also don't have a solid argument as to why, if HumanDawn was scum, the other mafiosi wouldn't have taken a more active hand in defending buoy in an attempt to stop a stupid move by their teammate. The only reason for that I can think of is sheer inactivity.

Or maybe it would have been too risky, not inactivity.

I'm mainly getting scumreads off of his actions since then,

The only scum reads I think you said you got were from "recklessness", which could be either scum or town.

since he appears to believe that he's now the most important person in the game

The QT. It's been shared with the Doctor, so if I die, it will be in his hands, where he could share it with those who are trustworthy. If I die the Town can still win. I'm now less important, but with being the safest bet to claim to help find Mafia easier, I still am important. Maybe not the most important, that depends on what the other's roles are, and I don't know them all, so I can't really say, but still, important.

and anyone who doesn't agree is suspicious.

That's a lie. I even gave a thumbs up to your caution, and I don't recall ever having suspected you one bit.

I remain far from convinced about his innocence,

Which makes no sense to even be with the solid and undeniable evidence there is to my innocence.

but either way, his arrogant and reckless behavior in believing that he is completely safe from harm is, IMO, harmful to the town.

Your opinion has no justification to it. How is it harmful to the town for one to think he is innocent with all there is?

Hm. Two revealed messages from me. I must have been more talkative than usual last night. But I suppose the cat's out of the bag now; game, you have my claim. Anyone who can is free to check me if they think I'm lying, and my invitation to those who still find me suspicious to contact me privately still stands.

There's another contradiction with your logic here.

Why did you claim to Neosquid(apparently) about being a one-shot doctor? He has literally done nothing that would count as "evidence" of being Town(I'm not saying I haven't ever done it). If you claimed to me, it's not like I would have asked for counterclaims or outed it. Especially a role that is really uncommon, unlike JOAT and Doctor. Although, with you saying that I'm being "scummier and scummier"(I don't know who else it could), I guess it's understandable, but I doubt it has any logic to it.

Now that it's out of the bag, could you please tell us how it works? I don't know how it does, as I've never been in a game with one, I think. I don't think I said that I found you to be suspicious.
@ectoBiologist;

Last edited:

So Mizzy is apparently the reporter, and Feli is apparently a one shot lynch doctor?
They claimed to me of being the JOAT Day 2, then told me they were the Doctor Night 2 when I told them my power. What? Giving the time could be a hint to who they are, so I'm not telling you.
I was wondering because it would be weird for you not to mention the doctor protection until your 4th post of day 2, if you got it before day 2 began. Depending on when you received the message, it would make more sense. That's a good point, though, I didn't consider time zone stuff. ._.

Why did you claim to Neosquid(apparently) about being a one-shot doctor? He has literally done nothing that would count as "evidence" of being Town(I'm not saying I haven't ever done it). If you claimed to me, it's not like I would have asked for counterclaims or outed it. Especially a role that is really uncommon, unlike JOAT and Doctor. Although, with you saying that I'm being "scummier and scummier"(I don't know who else it could), I guess it's understandable, but I doubt it has any logic to it.
She didn't claim to me, I don't know who she claimed to. Also, I at first misread the post as "one shot doctor", which would help explain her huge suspicion towards you, but it's actually a one shot lynch doctor.

Why did you randomly mention her?

Neosquid, do you think that there are any characters that fit reporter that would be part of the Players? If there is, I'd say Mijz is fully clear, but he hasn't posted a report yet.

She didn't claim to me, I don't know who she claimed to. Also, I at first misread the post as "one shot doctor", which would help explain her huge suspicion towards you, but it's actually a one shot lynch doctor.

A player I could think she claimed it to would be Froakie. If we were to say that adiosT was Mafia, then maybe Froakie claimed her ability to adiosT and said she would get maybe Zima's role. If we were to say I was Mafia, then the same applies to me, though. Still, the fact remains that adiosT claimed to someone, and I'm assuming that whoever she claimed to claimed back. If she doesn't say who it is, (which she would have no reason to hide, I guess now that the cat's out of the bag), I'd say that would be suspicious.

Why did you randomly mention her?[/QUOTE]

I meant to add more to my post, but then I got busy and just posted it, forgetting to fix it.
@Tailisu10; @Parma; @ectoBiologist;

You 3 haven't contributed to the game, posting your opinions on what has been happening(talisu has been a bit, actually) and your thoughts on others. I don't think Parma and ectobiologist have said a single thing in these past 5 phases especially outside of their "role confirm" post, which is making me wonder why they haven't been subbed out yet. Dark Blueberry and m0ckingbird20 actually can sub in for them, so what gives?

@HumanDawn; If I see a lynch about to happen, before the end of the Day phase I can send in a PM and stop that person from getting lynched. I can't protect myself from getting lynched, and I can only do this once. I claimed to Zima, by the way, before she went and got herself modkilled, in return for her claim.

My speculation on Rose's ability was completely valid, given the perimeters of her role in the comic. But since Froakie didn't die on Night 1, she must have received Doctor protection - which means you couldn't have.

How would it have been too risky for other mafiosi to defend buoy? It was Day 1, nobody knew anything about anybody. There was no real reason for them not to try and defend him, because what's the point of losing a teammate on Day 1, especially to what started as a randomvote?

EDIT: I think I know how to get the attention of the inactive people. It is a day phase, after all.

Vote: ectoBiologist

You haven't said a word since your (late) role confirmation. What gives?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom