• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How Did Your Fav. Pokemon Become Your Fav.?

Nintendo Theatre

Tauros Returns!
Reaction score
Sorry if it has been done before, but I did not see anything like this when I searched. If it has been made, a mod can delete this.

Anyhoo, how did your favorite pokemon, acutually become that? For me, Jigglypuff became my favorite WAY back when Ash was travelling through Kanto in the first season of Pokemon. The first episode I saw was "The Song of Jigglypuff" and I loved the show, but even more I like the Pokemon it featured. Jigglypuff.

Now it was girly, and even though I normally like guy things since I'm a guy, I still really like it because it could sing. Ever since I was little I loved to sing and just today I made the best choir at my school and I'm a sophmore. Ever since I saw Jigglypuff on the show, I trained them in the games. Ever since a Jigglypuff has been on my team and currently my Jigglypuff knows this moveset: Substitute, Hyper Voice, Focus Punch, and of course, Sing...

So how did your favorite Pokemon become your favorite?

I like swampert just because they're strong and I use them alot. The reason I like squirtle is due to the Squirtle squad episode and the fact that that was the first one I ever saw

I liked Ditto when I realized how truly useful it is. I mean come on, it's freaking all purpose. As for Mewtwo, his movies explain it all. Plain badass. ^_^ V

I don't really know how I got to liking pikachu. I think I like it because when I saw it on tv I said "That thing is so cute!".

My favorite pokemon is wobbuffet. I was fortuanate not to see it from the anime before the games. Therefore, I manage to maintain its concept in my head as serious.

I first met it in Dark Cave after just recieving HM Surf. That means my pokemon were incredibly weak compared to the wobbuffet. And having him frighten me with his moves didn't help. I caught him, and I saw what an interesting pokemon it was. Once again, I took him fairly seriously because he had this moaning, low cry and his silver sprite looked fairly depressed. I saw his moves and was amazed as well. This was my first time seeing any of those moves besides Destiny Bond so it was very neat.

Later I noticed that it was shaped like a punching bag and saw its amazing stats. Those also help boost my like of it.

So, I feel in love with it pretty quickly.

It's odd how I chose Dratini as my favorite. :p I didn't even like Dratini a long time ago...But, it all started when my dad told me to make a new screen name for AOL (Yes, this was back in 1998 so :p) and I said "I don't know" and he said "Just pick something." So, I went to my door, and looked at a Pokemon (Because I used to have Pokemon Pictures taped on my door. :p) So I just looked it over, and picked one randomly, which happened to be a Dratini. Then my dad said pick some numbers, so I just thought of 3 random numbers, and you can guess what they were...927. :p After a while, I got to liking this name, so I kept it for a while. Then as time passed, I sort of looked into Dratini, and realized that it was a cool Pokemon. So, I've had my Dratini927 name for almost 7 years now. Yeah...that's the story of how my favorite Pokemon came to be, and how my name came to be. ;-)

Dewgong became my favorite cuz I wanted payday in Red, and Dewgong could learn the move. So I picked it up. Then the more I used Dewgong the more I realized I liked it cuz it's who it was.

Crobat

I remember in Gold/Silver i h8ed Crobat cos i found it so damned hard to get! But it wasn't until i got Sapphire Version and got one by accident (golbat on my team a bit too long) that i saw just how cool a pokemon it was. AND WHAT A MOVESET! SWEET JESUS!

Aahh, Kabutops, how unloved you are-
Like how they said you should never learn Hydro Pump again.
When you eat your prey it is still alive,
And no one knows your inspiration, (tadpole shrimp/Triops)
Yet you are my friend, my inspiration,
Seemingly fate that I met you in a Christian school.

My friend, you showed me a world I never knew,
Is it a shame being otherwise extinct?
Neverminding that first drew me to you,
Ever shall we be brothers. (Ready for Battle?)

I loved Meowth when I first saw him in the show. I had just gotten my new kitten, and was obsessed with cats. Plus, Meowth was cute to boot, and acted tough. His voice and mannerisms just drew me to him.

My love of the cat soon translated into a mad dash to collect every piece of Meowth merchandise. Heck, I even have food pieces of him. My love even took me as far as walking like him sometimes.

:052:

Technically, were it not for Meowth, I wouldn't even be typing this. Back when I was 10, I had an obsession with talking cats, and I was randomly channel surfing one morning, when I came across... Meowth. End of story.

my fav pokmeon is Raichu and Raikou just because they were both electric type and because of seeing that lt.surge eps. I fell in love with raichu. And for raikou just because its a badass electric type than zapdos =]

I think the Surge episode is officially my favorite episode. However, my favorite pokemon is, was, and always will be Torkoal. He makes me laugh like the dickens when he's either crying or blowing smoke!

Blastoise & Absol are my favourites, Blastoise since Pokémon Blue & Absol since I first saw it when it came out, It just looked so amazing

When I was first introduced to the anime, my favorite Pokémon was Pikachu, but that was mainly because the first episode I saw was about Ash's Pikachu. Later on, I liked Charmander.

But then in April 1999, I suddenly got into Mew and Mewtwo - and I've adored them ever since. Mewtwo's history fascinated me, and Mew...well... I found it to be cute. Later I ended up liking Mew for its relevance (it being the ancestor of all Pokémon, being so important to the history of Team Rocket, etc.)

And then, in January, I got a new addition for my favorite - Lucario. Now Lucario's tied with Mew and Mewtwo for my favorite ^_^;; I like him because of his personality.

I remember first seeing a Chansey in the safari zone in Red. It was a 'wtf?' kinda moment, and naturally enough it ran before I could catch it. I HAD to get one, since I was trying to get every pokemon at the earliest chance, and by the time I did I was darned certain it had to be a special pokemon...imagine my surprise when I did get it and it had single digit attack and defense and as many hp as my much higher level party.
I slapped Softboiled on it, and decided to make a go of using it, and I was hooked. My first Chansey knew Softboiled, Sing, Psywave and Minimize. I won't pretend it often won fights, but it was fun as all get out.

Well... I can't remember why I liked Mewtwo originally, so I'm going to say it had to do with looks o_o;;

But now Lucario's kind of tied with Mewtwo for my favorite (I know why I like Mewtwo NOW, but that's not important) because of his personality and emotions. Yeah... like, how he expresses his emotions and stuff.

In the start I did not liked Jigglypuff that much, but then I gave it a try in SSB and now I respect almost all pinkness in the world. Go Purin Powar!

Well, sandshrew became my favorite ever since before the TV show came out. I didn't have a gameboy at the time, but I was into pokemon already... (not sure how, but I knew about the series before it came out, and was excited because it was comeing out). I didn't know much on the series though because I saw a commercial with Sandshrew on it and loved it instantly as my favorite (partly because I love armidillo)

For Cacturne, it was because I use to think about what pokemon whould be like in real life, and what desert monsters would look like. I thought sandshrew would be there but I wondered what else. Then I saw Cacturne and heard about it's signiture move needle arm (which I thought sounded cool) and it instantly became one of my new favorites.

Then Stabyle. I remember hating it when it first was revealed. I thought it looked like an odd rock gobblin. Then the first official art for it was revealled and I liked it even more. Then I found out about the types it was and was amazed knowing I had to catch one and get Sapphire to catch one.

For others that I like, it is mainly because of their art design. I guess that usually has a role in it for me, but the art design is what made me like a lot of them... Plus the types. As a little kid I've always loved dragons (and hated how they were demonized for only existing in fairy tales), so I kind of favor most dragon types a little.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom