• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How do you plan to take out Pokemon Trainer Red(Spoilers)?

1. Bring Pokemon that are at around level 70.
2. Bring lots of revives, hyper potions, full restores, and MooMoo milk.

And don't forget step 2!
lol one time I accidentally went to the Elite Four before I was prepared but I had tons of revives because that was basically what I only ever spent my pokes on and I just kept reviving until they killed theirselves with struggle =b

With my Sinnoh Master Team!
(oh and i beat red like 10 times with about 2 ko's a time!)

Turns out I beat him with my team at levl 64. It wasn't nearly as bad as I feared: Blue was a far greater challenge.

i dont understand that....
blue was harder even if i used my SINNOH MASTER TEAM.

This is how I plan'd to do it:
1. Get myself on that freezing mountain
2. Talk to him
3. Cross the fingers
4. Just F@#&$NG destroy him before he has a change to do it to me!! O__o

This is how it went:
1. Get myself on that freezing mountain
2. Talk to him
3. Cross the fingers
4. Pikachu VS Primeape (65)
5. Pikeachu's attack missed
6. Primeape used Earthquake
7. Pikachu faints
8. Etc.

In the end it was a *couch* flawless Victory!
I was prepared to something more worse than it was.

I gonna grind for about two weeks after I defeat the Kanto 8. Then go after Ash himself with legendaries for half of my squad and 3 of my highest basics.

even with my lv 100 Arceus and Deoxys it was hard to beat Blue, Red was easy with only the Johto and Sinnoh counterparts to his Pokemon. Hoenn was harder but not too hard.

Pikachu:

i plan on using a Marowak, hopefully bred for an attack iv if i have the time. as marowak can have the highest attack power in the game if holding a thick club.

The Watter tpys (and charazard)

this is where i have to start actualy using lightning typs, who i have skipped throughout the entire game. so that will take a while

Venasaur

lets see... i could bring my starter, or bring mew2 as its psyco cut is super effective. (will probably train a new pokemon, not decided yet)

the only one left is snorelax. hitmontop. (i hope) otherwise i can bring breloom, or lucario, or one of my other fighting typs.

i will probably post my final party for this later. fee free to comment on my ideas.

I took out Red with my typlosion and gyrados. the key is to bring enough full restore if you are not trained enough i guess. I let my gyrados to defeat most of Red's team other than pikachu.

I have a pretty good strategy, the key is to level up my Pokemon so their stats get better:

Nidoking: Knows Earth Power, and even at Level 58, it can take out Pika in one blow. I just need it to get stronger so it can survive Iron Tail without getting killed by Hail.

Feraligatr: Going to be used for Charizard, and since it knows Superpower, it's good for Snorlax. Need to level up so the lowering of Attack and Defense won't effect the rest of the battle.

Ninetales: Will be used for Venasaur. Need to increase its Defense stat so Sludge Bomb doesn't kill it, but her Special Attack is really good.

Ampharos: Will be used for Blastoise and Lapras. Need to train for better Defense and higher Special Attack.

Lugia: A backup for Venasaur since it knows Psychic and Flying movies.

Gengar: Fodder for healing, might also give it other moves to be a backup for the other 'monz.

His Pikachu-My Swampert knows Earthquake, which is ground type that Pikachu is weak to. Added bonus: Electric attacks don't affect Swampert.
Venusaur: My starter was Cyndaquil, so that shall be easy.
Charizard-Swampert if I can.
Blastoise-My Bellossom.
Lapras-Mewtwo with Thunder.
Snorlax-A fighting type move, if a Pokemon other than Swampert can learn it.
I also have a Lugia & a Drangonite, in case these guys fail. See how my Swampert is supposed to take out three Pokemon. Don't think that'll happen. I just need him to take care of Pikachu. :)

When I get to that point...

Togekiss, Feraligatr, Magmortar or Lucario, Scizor, Nidoking, and probably an HM slave.

I'll whittle down Blastoise and Lapras with Scizor and Togekiss/Lucario probably since I can't be bothered to level an electric type.

My highest pokémon was 20 levels lower than him, my second highest was 30 levels lower than his, and the rest of my pokémons pretty much sucked. I beat him thanks to a load of full restores and max revives.

I defeated Red with my original party that I trained to beat the Gym Leaders and E4.

Typhlosion - White Herb
Flamethrower - Sunny day - Solar Beam - Overheat

Meganium - Leftovers
Energy Ball - Body Slam - Earthquake - Synthesis

Feraligatr - Choice scarf
Waterfall - Earthquake - Ice Fang - Rock Climb

Ampharos - Wide Lens
Thunderbolt - Focus Blast - Thunder - Signal beam

Heracross - Expert belt
Megahorn - Close combat - Stone Edge - Night Slash

Skarmory - Sitrus berry
Stealth Rock - Steel wing - Fly - Night slash

This was one of the best battles I've ever had :) oh and, I didn't use Items to heal my pokemon and the Set option was on :) that's my style from now on. Battle without healing or switching my pokemon :B

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom