• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: How old are you, Pokémon Fans? (Once more from the top)

How old are you? In which year were you born?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was born of December 27, 1991. Those good old days of these mid-late 90's and as of early 2000's when it like everyday stuff. I got into of pokemon when it was popular around the time in the late 90's and early 2000's until i got tired of watching the series. But until that I got back into of pokemon in 2007 until today, it ain't so bad.

Miss the good old days when going to the arcade, play ps1/ psx the late 90's and early 2000's, when going to chuck'e cheese, these school days. ^^

I got a wii game of Pokemon DP, Pokemon movies, a friend gave me a squirtle doll, and I got a Team Rocket T-shirt for a cosplay. yup.. that one. I'm a 90's dude.

I'm 32 years old, born in 1980. Relieved to see I'm not the oldest member here. {Thankfully my wife still plays, and she's my age, so I'm not entirely alone in real life either ^_^}

I first got started in 1997 or 1998, and I'll admit it: I only played on Red and Blue ROMs. I didn't own a Gameboy, and ... well, there's simply no excuse I can offer, so I won't. At the time I was a Pre-School Teacher, and sadly walked away from the series entirely for a good several years immediately upon seeing the Pokémon anime. The games satisfied my OCD tendencies, but the anime is simply something I do not care for. I didn't return to the games until Generation IV, when I bought my first game, Pearl. My copy of Pearl is now missing, likely permanently, but I've since picked up Platinum, SoulSilver, FireRed, Emerald, HeartGold, Black and White. Sadly I got burned twice buying used games on eBay [something I'll never do again]; my copy of SoulSilver and my first copy of FireRed were both Chinese copies. I bought HeartGold to replace SoulSilver, and a second copy of FireRed to replace the first.

Right now I'm looking forward to Black2, but lacking any sort of video game budget, so I'm going to be selling off White and possibly other games. Hopefully I'll have better luck with eBay as a seller than as a buyer ;)

I was born in '97 so i'm 15. I wish i was born in like '93 :/ I've been into Pokemon since 2000 :) Might be hard to believe, but i remembered a lot of things that happened when i was 2-3.

Last edited:
I'm 23, very nearly 24. I've been playing Pokemon since Pokemon Blue. Tend to drift in and out of the anime and took a couple of years away from the video games but well and truly back into it now with a rejuvenated enthusiasm towards completing the National Dex. Only 4 event Pokemon to go but god knows how long that's gonna take!

Great to see such a wide range of ages on here :)

I was born in December 1995, so I'm sixteen. I started playing about ten years ago with Crystal version - it was my first video game ever - and have played every main series Pokemon game since.

I am 21, born in 1990!

I've been with Pokemon ever since the Anime debuted in English...which was when I was 8? Or 9? It's been a long while, actually haha. I've been with Pokemon then, and still am now, especially with writing and gaming.

I'm 19 years old, started playing at 17. My first game was SoulSilver, which I bought after seeing someone in a LiveStream play the original Silver. I was actually looking for something that I wouldn't like too much, something I could do on bad days, but I ended up loving it. Now my days are filled with Pokemon, it's wonderful.

I'm 22 (Double deuces FTW)!, and I was born on Flag Day in June of 1990. I had just turned 8 when Pokemon came to the US in September of '98, and I got into it immediately. Since then, I've been an extremely avid fan of the franchise and I love it.

I was born in 1999, and i got into pokemon late 2006. i got my first game (PMDblue) in december 2008. and my first main series game (Platinum) in august 2009.

May 14 '94 :p been on board since the animes arival in the US, though, since my Yellow version was a hand-me-down and i hesitated too much to start it over, i consider my first pokemon to be my precious totodile in Silver. Been hooked my whole life, and looking around my room, I can safely say there hasnt been one day since that i havnt seen a pokemon XD

1996, (16) So it's not easy to find other fans at my age plus I'm in Australia so that makes it even harder.

The scores are almost in a prefect wave, it looks cool.

1997, 14 years old almost 15. my first ever game is Pokémon Leaf Green which at first I didn't like it because i wasn't familiar with the pokémon themselves but soon enough I found Bulbapedia and played Pokémon silver via Roms. back then I didn't know it was illegal then sooner I bought Silver and that game was AWESOME!

20 years old. Can still remember my first GBC and Pokemon game.

I'm 22. My brother got me into the Pokémon anime during season 1. My first Pokémon game was Snap, followed by Stadium. I didn't play the main series games until Silver in Gen II.

17 (1995)

I honestly wasn't a big fan of Pokemon when it first came out, but I definitely remember how popular it was. When my brother got Diamond a couple of years back and found the anime, I eventually got hooked on it and have been watching ever since. Usually it's the other way around, with people growing out of it. But I still love it!

I'm 19. (1992)

So, I was 4 when the first Pokemon Cards came out. I really got into those, and I think those were before Blue even came out in the US, so I'm a pre-gaming Generation Pokemon fan. Maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom