• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How Old Are You, Pokemon Fans?

How old are you? What age group are you in?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainer Lisa

LOVED IchibanCon
Reaction score
Well, back in 2003 (when I first joined) there was a huge thread with this same name, asking the same question.

So, I thought I'd start the thread again, to see how old everyone is. XD

And as for me?

I began to like Pokemon when it first came out, and I was only 13 then. And now I'm 19. ^^

*picks the 19 to 21 choice*

Oh, and feel free to talk about your first experience(s) with Pokemon in this thread as well. :)

Last edited:
I think I started to like Pokemon when I was six, and now I am thirteen.

Wow!!

That's great, Orange_Flaaffy!!!! ^_^

Yay, hardcore Pokemon fans are awesome!! XD

I don't know when it was I first heard about pokemon. All I know is that it was just one of those things you ended up knowing then. In Summer of 1999, I happened across the pokemon anime just to see what it was, and I was instantly captivated. I was either 16 or 17, I'm not sure. In the beginning of 2000, I got a GBC and soon after got Pokemon Yellow. I got one of every generation since then. (Silver, Ruby, FR, and now Trozei) I am now 23 years old, and I anxiously await Ranger, although I know it will take the entire year for it to get here.

PokemonTrainerLisa said:
Wow!!

That's great, Orange_Flaaffy!!!! ^_^

Yay, hardcore Pokemon fans are awesome!! XD

Trust me, when you are a fan, and I mean start to be a fan when something comes out when you are in high school, you pretty much are hardcore for a long long time.
I've always loved the thought of raising and breeding animals so pokemon fits right in there with my core being you could say. Plus, the anime got me into everything rather than the games from the start:awww:

Dogasu said:
I'm 23 years old.

Hooray for being 10+ years over the show's target audience!!!

Hee, well in Japan we are'nt too old that is for sure. I say that even if a show was first made for little kids there is nothing saying we can't like it just as much...

Dogasu said:
I'm 23 years old.

Hooray for being 10+ years over the show's target audience!!!
LOL, Dogasu. XD

Orange_Flaaffy said:
I've always loved the thought of raising and breeding animals so pokemon fits right in there with my core being you could say. Plus, the anime got me into everything rather than the games from the start:awww:
Yeah, it was the same way with me too, I also like animals a lot which lead to me liking Pokemon. And I also got into it through the anime first, and then the games. ^^

I'm sixteen, and I've loved Pokémon since I was 9 or 10. Ah, I remember my glory Red Version days... :)

I've liked it since I was.. 5... O__O; Not kidding.. Well... it was the year I turned 6... XD But anyways. I'm 14 now. =3

Orange_Flaaffy said:
Hee, well in Japan we are'nt too old that is for sure.

In Japan the franchise is aimed for the under ten crowd. I mean, when Archaic and Kingerlord and I went to see the Deoxys movie in Japanese theatres, we were the oldest people there who didn't have children. It's definately a franchise for the little kids.

Not that there's anything wrong with being a fan or anything...

Im 18 , i was introduced to the cards, then the anime, so i been a fan since i was 12

My goodness I actually feel more relaxed now to say i'm....19 and still love pokemon and I even get excited every week about finding out what happened in the sub episodes and about the games.

Just like Orange Flaaffy I got into the show when I was 16, so I am also 22, almost 23 :3

Fourteen. I started at twelve. ^^;
Though I was interested in it at six during the fad, but mostly, I ignored it. xD;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom