• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How will Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon effect the anime?

Shota being introduced so late into XY as an original character (who kind of looks like an AU-Max), having a strangely understated role so far, and now looking oddly similar to the SM rival really makes me wonder if there's a connection here...

I bet the new Harimaron\Mijumaru\Pocchama of this season is Ashimari (Water-type staying in its first stage for the wholesaga again, hurray...), just hope Satoshi's not the one to get him. Now since we've had no heroine with a Grass-type starter up until now I hope the new girl get Mokurou. The latter could stay with the third character.

Satoshi could catch only Nyabbi, as he only has one starter in XY. He doesn't need more than one.

Now I'm imagining if they'll make an outfit as boring as the PC for him. Only a stripped T-shirt with no details whatsoever... The cap and pants are all right, but I notice mostly his jackets for that matter... I'm also expecting DP Satoshi to make a comeback as we're two series without him

Here are my predictions:

-Ash gets Rowlet in the first episodes, and like some people said it will tale the regional bird's spot.
-The girl gets Popplio. I imagine she could have a happy and clownish personality, and be interested in some kind of circus performing or something like that.
-Litten could belong to a emo rival like Paul, or be a recurring wild Pokemon until it evolves into a happier form.

By the way, none of the starters seem like they could evolve into a bipedal speedster like Sceptile or Greninja, so I guess that pattern has to take a backseat like it did in BW.

Like they steal it in one of the first few episodes and they manage to keep it the whole series.

That would be counterproductive given that they're meant to seem like incompetent, "funny" villains who never succeed in stealing Pokemon.

Besides OLM'd never advertise something by giving it to the antagonists of the show xD

... I'm also expecting DP Satoshi to make a comeback as we're two series without him

I sincerely hope so. I'm all for him keeping the experience and how good he's been portrayed in XY(Z) but I want my goofy, fun, sarcastic, smart a** Ash back. :D
-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
I also want the friendly teasing and bickering from past series between the group he travels with in the Sun&Moon anime to make a comeback and absolutely no shipping with Ash and the new Female protagonist. the Pokemon anime in my opinion is not about Romance, it's about Ash and Pikachu's journey to battle, collect badges, catch Pokemon and make friends. save the romance for when he's older!.

Hey guys, rival kinda looks like Sawyer...
Wait, what if Sawyer beats Ash in Kalos league and Ash beats him Alola league. That would mean, Sawyer going on another region like Gary.

What I hope happens
Looking at the starters, I personally hope Ash will only get Litten. I adore Popplio, but it looks like the comic relief starter similar to Chespin or Oshawott, so I'd say he should stay away from Ash's team, unless it has a unique personality. Otherwise, I'd rather see it with a secondary sidekick. And I'm just not a fan of Rowlet at all. I personally would like to see it with the female lead since the main female character has never gotten the grass starter before. It would also mean all of the bird starters were owned by females:)

Litten though, seems like it would be interesting with Ash. A cool, calm Pokemon preferring not to show emotions, owned by an easily excitable, quite emotional guy sounds like it could be interesting. It would also be the first time where he got just the fire-starter.

What I think is more likely to happen
I could easily see Ash getting Rowlet and/or Popplio. Since he didn't get the grass starter in Kalos, I could see them giving him the bird just for that reason. Plus it could also knock out a grass-type and a flying type with one capture, just like Talonflame in XY. And since Greninja was overall really serious, I can see them giving him the goofy looking sea lion clown. Litten seems like it could be 50/s0 whether it goes to Ash or not. I hope he gets it. For some reason, I really just want to see Ash with a cat:p

I predict the white form of girl 7 and a gym leader to travel with ash.

Normally its easy to predict which starter Ash will get because odds are if it has hands its gonna be Ash's. This time its not so clear The closest is the water seal so I surmise it'll be his main if they pull a DP where he gets 2.

Judging by the weather and default outfit this might be the first series where Ash wears shorts.

Litten makes the most sense with Ash.

Popplio is an entertainer Pokemon so it would suit better for contests or Pokemon performances, and since Popplio will never be able to compete with Greninja, plus with Greninja TOO soon for Popplio to be on Ash's team as his ace.

Rowlet seems too basic and unusual to give to Ash, and while it would make sense with "Noctowl" I can't imagine it having high quality evolutions that would make it the ace of Ash's Alola team.

Now Litten. The Fire cat Pokemon likely inspired by a volcano, keep the theme throughout the evolutions, and then we have something that can EASILY be the ace of Ash's Alola team, especially if it has bipedal evolutions.

This isn't like Fennekin where Fennekin was clearly a feminine Pokemon, so that's why Serena got it.

Litten looks like a boy's Pokemon (in comparison to THAT grass owl and Sea Lion), for the young man to have, so quite the opposite of Fennekin. It feels like the Treecko/Chimchar/Froakie of 7th generation. It's more cool than it is cute. While the others are subjectively cuter than Litten (especially Popplio).

The Fire cat Pokemon likely inspired by a volcano, keep the theme throughout the evolutions, and then we have something that can EASILY be the ace of Ash's Alola team, especially if it has bipedal evolutions.

This isn't like Fennekin where Fennekin was clearly a feminine Pokemon, so that's why Serena got it.

Litten looks like a boy's Pokemon (in comparison to THAT grass owl and Sea Lion), for the young man to have, so quite the opposite of Fennekin. It feels like the Treecko/Chimchar/Froakie of 7th generation. It's more cool than it is cute. While the others are subjectively cuter than Litten (especially Popplio).

Beside, the trailer's boy choose Litten so I think they plan to give it to Ash, or our new male protagonist if they changed him...

He's only 10.
And therefore I'm not allowed to have outfit hype because?...

Forgive me for spelling it out, but let me clarify so no one is confused about my intentions. Caring about clothes doesn't = perving. It's fashion! His wardrobe potentially undergoing sea change is exciting if you care about these silly little things because he's always dressed approximately the same.

All other hype aside - OMG WHAT IS SATOSHI GONNA WEAR IS HE GONNA BE WEARING SHORTS AND A T SHIRT ONLY AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH :X3:

This is going to be the first time Ash uses clothes that weren't made by his mom. Pokémon Stylist Lila already gave him the perfect outfit for journeying across the Alola region. Look how stylish he'll be:
readytogo.png

Fabulous.
ingrid.gif

Popplio is an entertainer Pokemon so it would suit better for contests or Pokemon performances, and since Popplio will never be able to compete with Greninja, plus with Greninja TOO soon for Popplio to be on Ash's team as his ace.

Rowlet seems too basic and unusual to give to Ash, and while it would make sense with "Noctowl" I can't imagine it having high quality evolutions that would make it the ace of Ash's Alola team.

Now Litten. The Fire cat Pokemon likely inspired by a volcano, keep the theme throughout the evolutions, and then we have something that can EASILY be the ace of Ash's Alola team, especially if it has bipedal evolutions.

I could honestly see him with Rowlet due to the way TPC described it as being a swift ninja like Pokémon. I think he'll end up getting Rowlett and Litten

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom