• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Hunter x Hunter Mafia: Battle for Yorknew City! - Endgame: The Phantom Troupe Escapes! (Mafia Win)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unvote: Stormageden

I don't really think Piko deserves this flak he's taking. There's nothing wrong with trying to get the game into serious mode as quickly as possible, I personally don't think how many people have posted yet to matter at all to when serious mode should begin. And like he said, I really don't think scum would be going for the mislynch this early. Honestly Piko gets Town points in my eyes for being the one to start serious mode like this.
Honestly if I had to pick anybody to give scum points to at this point it'd be Thanos. It's not a strong conviction, but I have to say that turning on Piko for dong something that he did first doesn't exactly feel right to me.

who's clearly joking around in a way that would not lead to any discussion?

The main issue I have is that Khar made the same joke twice for the joke voting. Once would be fine, making the same jokevote twice raises a red flag. At the very least, it looks like that Khar was just seeking attention. And attention is what Khar got.

It has been done before mainly be noob or hopeful scum, and to be fair you could've planned to say that in anticipation of people calling you out for the 3rd vote aka wifom. Also, considering how inactive the game has been thus far I wouldn't be surprised if scum thought of taking advantage.

Oh look, argument from WIFOM. Got it.

You are suspicious for adding a 3rd vote, and taking a joke seriously is never a good idea

See my response to Shion.

Unvote: Lone_Garurumon
I know if I didn’t unvote now I’d forget.

Sorry guys I’ve been dealing with family issues these last few days hopefully I can hop on my laptop tonight and read through the game

I do want a lynch today. LG's defence of Piko was pretty good in my eyes, so in order to make sure a lynch happens...

UNVOTE: Pikochu

The main issue I have is that Khar made the same joke twice for the joke voting. Once would be fine, making the same jokevote twice raises a red flag. At the very least, it looks like that Khar was just seeking attention. And attention is what Khar got.

It was still in the joke phase though, so I think you're looking too much into it. And why would scum want attention on Day 1?

Vote: jdthebud

Host voting is always a safe route, am I right? :p

Tbh I still think it's a safe route. :whistle:
This don't seem like a joke. And it is a safe route to avoid taking stances on anyone. I don't like this and I don't believe it's a joke.
trying to get conversation going before even half the people in the game have actually started posting by questioning someone who's clearly joking around in a way that would not lead to any discussion? and why did that require another vote?

whether or not scum want a quick and easy mislynch, they definitely don't mind trying to appear to be contributing without actually contributing. what does making kharixi have to spell out that he's joking get done?
What's wrong with trying to get the game serious as soon as possible? And what's wrong with adding a third vote for some real pressure? A vote that makes things hard to tie, and squirm out of? Did Kharixi state he was joking? I didn't see him state that. Also you don't seem to know what CWAC is. Piko was not CWAC.
You are suspicious for adding a 3rd vote, and taking a joke seriously is never a good idea
Why is a third vote suspicious, especially in RVS stage where it's easy to tie votes that are two or less. And why is taking a joke vote seriously bad? Why is taking anything seriously bad?
You should know by now that the RVS is natural and lasts for more than a page. If only a handful of people have posted, you shouldn't try to make everyone serious because there's nothing serious to talk about yet. The only serious thing you have people discussing are whether you are scum, and I don't believe that was your intention.
And you should know by now that it is better to get the game on a serious note quickly so that we have more easier to identify information to look through. Discussing whether Piko is scum or not, whether his actions are townie or not is better than sitting around and joke voting each other. It shows who is siding with who and gives ideas as to who could be mafia and who couldn't.
I see a potential pairing with Piko and Spoopster; not purely because Spoopster was defending them but it seems Spoopster just came around to say something small to help Piko and left, completely ignoring anything else. If I'm drawing at straws it could have been because Spoopster saw something in the scum chat from Piko saying they were under fire, or I could just completely be looking into it too much. Spoopster's post just puts me off a little bit, but I won't pursue them unless Piko turns up scum.
Or maybe Spoopster was just busy and only had time for one post. Come on man.
I do want a lynch today. LG's defence of Piko was pretty good in my eyes, so in order to make sure a lynch happens...
.....He wants a lynch but LG's defense was super good, yet Spoopster's was buddying? What? This post is just strange, and seems backtracky because you're worried about lynching a townie.
It was still in the joke phase though, so I think you're looking too much into it. And why would scum want attention on Day 1?
Just because something is in RVS does not make it a joke. And really? Have you not learned anything playing with me. Typical thought process: They're attracting attention and mafia wouldn't do that, so they must be town.

VOTE: Elementar
Too flip floppy, and he's grasping at straws.

I’ve read over the last page several times but it’s still mostly meaningless to me, however I feel obligated to post something.

I do feel that all of it is being very blown out of proportion but being that’s literally the only thing going on I can’t argue against it. I also think Piko making a long serious post with nothing compelling him to do so looks good despite that I think his concerns are a tad ridiculous.

I’ve never been inactive and I don’t plan to be but I don’t quite have the time to start discussion myself so I’ll likely do a lot of observing until something peaks my interest.

This don't seem like a joke. And it is a safe route to avoid taking stances on anyone. I don't like this and I don't believe it's a joke.

Fair enough. Still, that is your opinion.

And you should know by now that it is better to get the game on a serious note quickly so that we have more easier to identify information to look through. Discussing whether Piko is scum or not, whether his actions are townie or not is better than sitting around and joke voting each other. It shows who is siding with who and gives ideas as to who could be mafia and who couldn't.

It is good to get a game going seriously, but due to my personal opinion that Kharixi's vote was just a joke, I don't agree with Piko on how they did it. I completely agree about discussion being better than jokevoting, but I don't agree with how Piko did it. At the time, I feel like they were pulling at straws and trying to make someone look scummy when I personally didn't think they were scummy. So, I voted for them. Yes, Piko's actions got discussion going, but they still believe something is scummy that I see as a joke.

Or maybe Spoopster was just busy and only had time for one post. Come on man.

It's not the amount of posts or the amount in the post. It's the content. It just seems like the only thing they did was defend Piko, and it wasn't a strong defence at that. So if Piko ended up being lynched, Spoopster can say they defended them and looked townie as a result. Yet, they haven't actually made a contribution. They haven't had a proper vote yet. That's why. The post just seemed to ignore everything and felt to forced imo.

.....He wants a lynch but LG's defense was super good, yet Spoopster's was buddying? What? This post is just strange, and seems backtracky because you're worried about lynching a townie.

Because one defence was actually decent and explained something and the other just seemed to ignore all other factors around them. LG explained more and referenced other factors. Spoopster's felt more forced and not as genuine to me. It's just a tone thing, and I'm aware that tone reading is different for all players. Actually, I'm worried about not getting a lynch at all. I'm sure you want a lynch too. Considering I don't see anyone joining Piko's cause or anyone getting off Kharixi's, I decided I'd be the one to ensure a lynch.

Just because something is in RVS does not make it a joke. And really? Have you not learned anything playing with me. Typical thought process: They're attracting attention and mafia wouldn't do that, so they must be town.

VOTE: Elementar
Too flip floppy, and he's grasping at straws.

If someone votes for the host in the first couple of posts on the first page of the game, I'm relatively sure that it's a joke. Yes, they did it twice, but it was still in a joking manner. I'm not saying they must be town, but I don't think it's alignment indicative. Trust me; I know. Just because you were active in ASDF Movie Mafia, you were automatically town to every other player there for some reason, and you won as mafia. I agree with funnier; everything seems blown out of proportion, and if we're really criticising Kharixi for what seemed like an obvious joke vote, well, that's just detrimental to the game. I admitted to grasping at straws, but I found that it was the only way I could contribute at the time and get my own discussion going. And are you calling me flip floppy because I took my vote off Piko and had a different perception of LG's and Spoppster's defences of him?

It's not the amount of posts or the amount in the post. It's the content. It just seems like the only thing they did was defend Piko, and it wasn't a strong defence at that. So if Piko ended up being lynched, Spoopster can say they defended them and looked townie as a result. Yet, they haven't actually made a contribution. They haven't had a proper vote yet. That's why. The post just seemed to ignore everything and felt to forced imo.
You act as though there was so much to talk about at the time.
And are you calling me flip floppy because I took my vote off Piko and had a different perception of LG's and Spoppster's defences of him?
It's the sense of a lack of conviction in your posts. Your most recent post that this quote is from is the best I've seen, and shows conviction.

UNVOTE: Elementar
VOTE: Thanos

I believe someone on the Piko wagon is scum. And Thanos has a weak case as well.

Night 1: The Joker's Betrayal Fails
Night 1: The Joker's Betrayal Fails

Day 1 End Votals:
Kharixi: 2 (Jinjo, Pikochu)
Pikochu: 1 (Thanos)
Thanos: 1 (Midorikawa)

The pretender who had embedded himself in the Phantom Troupe paled at his discovery. How could he have made such a terrible mistake? While his ultimate goal was not quite out of reach, this was a truly disappointing setback, to be sure.

He looked at the rest of the Phantom Troupe, and while he felt nothing but contempt for them, he knew that he would not get his chance to fight the leader that he had been planning for, and would have to find another chance in the future.

Kharixi has been lynched. They were:
Kharixi, you are Hisoka Morow.

latest

Hisoka is a selfish, sadist, intelligent, and remorseless Hunter who has a genius talent for deception and concealment. He does whatever he wants, when he wants it, as long as it serves him in some way. He loves to fight, and is always searching for strong opponents to challenge himself.

Your Nen talent lies in Transmutation, which allows you to manipulate your aura to mimic real-world properties. Your main Nen skill is called Bungee Gum, which applies both elastic and sticky properties to your aura. Bungee Gum is highly durable and flexible, allowing for many useful applications in combat, especially shielding attacks and manipulating the movements of your opponent. You also have the ability Texture Surprise, which conjures a thin sheet of aura to change the appearance of whatever it covers, which serves to confuse and disorient your foes. Both of these abilities, when combined with your intelligence and predisposition for deceit, allow you to avoid or negate all but the most powerful attacks. When attacking, you have a penchant for using playing cards as edge weapons using your Nen.

As such, you are the Ninja Ascetic Bulletproof Serial Killer. During the night phase, you may PM the action: [Card Sharp] Username. This will attempt to kill the target. You will not visit your target, any night actions directed at you will automatically fail, and all kill shots will be stopped.

You are aligned with yourself, and win only if you are the last player alive.

It is now Night 1. It will last for about 24 hours and end on April 7 at 11:59pm PDT (UCT-7). Get those actions in!

Host Annoucement: Night 1 Extended

Host Announcement:

I apologize for the late notice, but don't have time to give a proper update at this time. Therefore, I am extending the night by an additional period of 12 hours. If you have yet to submit a night action, you may still do so.

Night 1 will now end on April 8 at 12 noon PDT (-7 PDT).

Sorry I haven't been active, let me catch up the two pages see if there's anything to take

Day 2: The Tension Builds
Day 2: The Tension Builds

The reveal of Hisoka's betrayal had an unforeseen effect on the Phantom Troupe's plans for the first night of the Auction. With many of the members unable to contain their anger, the leader of the dangerous bandits decided to delay their plans, at least for this night. He gave them the night off, while advising that if they were to go into town, to maintain the utmost caution and discretion. He wasn't worried - after all, the most valuable items were always saved for last.

Blissful in their ignorance, the Hunters in the city enjoyed their first night of the Underground Auction. Despite this respite, fate would certainly ensure that the peace would not last much longer.

It is now Day 2. It will last for 48 hours and end on April 10 at 12 noon PDT (-7 UTC).

So there's no night kill according to the flavor text?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom