• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If Pokemon X and Y were cancelled...

Uncle Edit

Reaction score
So far, Pokemon X and Y look like they have a lot of things going for them, so they probably aren't going to be cancelled. However, if they were, how much controversy do you think they will spark, and, on a scale of 1 to 10, how disappointed would you be if you heard the announcement?

I feel that if the titles were cancelled, they would make many get upset at Game Freak for canceling two games that show plenty of potential, maybe to the point that folks would write letters to ask Game Freak to continue developing the games. I personally would be disappointed to the point of rating that feeling a 9/10, as these titles look like they are going to bring a bunch of new things to the table, something I am certainly looking forward to.

What do you guys have to say?

Disappointed at first, but that would actually make the possibility of RSE remakes being released increase very much, so I'd look forward to that instead.

The only reason X and Y would be canceled is if GameFreak went under.

So, no, RS Remakes would NOT be likely in that case.

I'd be indifferent myself. The charm of introducing x amount of Pokemon after 3-4 years wears off after a while. Gotta admit, I do like what Gen VI has to offer as far as the games are concerned, though. I'm liking the 3D graphics update and the newer Pokemon, but I feel there is a loss of essence as the simpler engine in prior games has a certain charm to it that has grown on me. As long as the games are compatible with previous generations (IMO, worst thing about Gen III was that), I have no issue whatsoever. :)

Cancellation? Hm...it's an interesting prospect. I would think that one of the only reasons this would happen is if they just couldn't work with what they had. Given the publisher, though, it's unlikely.

I would be a bit disappointed at a cancellation, as I think the most likely scenario that comes afterward is that Pokémon would be no more. However, if it gives Game Freak the chance to try something new, then I'm game for whatever's next! Of course, that is, assuming there is a next if something like this was cancelled.

Oh who am I kidding we all know what this fanbase would say

Devastated. Why? Because it probably means the end of pokémon. If it wasn't brought about by the end of pokémon itself (i.e. Game Freak deciding to discontinue pokémon and thus X/Y for whatever reason), it will bring that about, because Pokémon is a series whose continued existence especially depends on new content getting churned out. And we don't want that.

Also, I (and, like, everyone else in the fandom) would get extremely pissed because we've been tossed about by the hype cycle for months, only for that hype to be for nothing.

Thankfully, cancellation is very unlikely.

I'd actually be okay if these games were cancelled since I wasn't happy about them from the start. If it did happen, I'd hope they'd make RS remakes instead.

Not sure about my reaction, I wouldn't like, but I wouldn't be enraged as well.

One thing is sure: I'd get higher marks at the university.

Cancelling it after all this hype would be a major low blow. They would have to make something absolutely gobsmacking to make up for it. While I don't care for some of the things I've seen (do we really need ANOTHER Eveelution? Fix Flareon, dang it!) I can guarantee that they've got some really wicked stuff yet to be revealed, so stopping it before they've shown the good things would be terrible.

I don't know why people are even suggesting this. I don't even see it as a possibility. Not even for a delay. I will agree with a few others that the only way this will die is if Gamefreak dies.

I would be enraged if they were cancelled, just like I was when Capcom cancelled Mega Man Legends 3.

I would fall into a deep depression because, as mentioned before, the only way X/Y would be cancelled is if GameFreak went bankrupt. Thankfully, that's pretty much impossible, because the company is thriving and having a renaissance right now.

Disappointed at first, but that would actually make the possibility of RSE remakes being released increase very much, so I'd look forward to that instead.

have to agree 100% hoenn remakes are more important i always wanted pokemon to end at 4th gen because of the designs getting worse so i wouldent be very upset

I'd obviously be disappointed but not gutted, it'd mean the productivity of other things I should be working on would at least go up! Plus I still have plenty of other games (including Black and White 2) to complete and keep me busy.

I'd be very sad and disappointed, as I had already preordered Pokémon X. But it is massively unlikely at this point, and the only way for this to happen is for Game Freak to shut down.

At first, I'll accuse that news of just being a rumour, and refused to believe it. Then I'll blame everyone in the world for the problem, and call it unfair. After that, I'll keep telling myself that if enough petitions are raised, the games will be back on, or that new games will be in the works. Then I'll crawl onto my bed and cry. And finally, I'd move on.

And now you know the five stages of grief according to Elisabeth Kübler-Ross.

I dont think there is much chance of the games being cancelled. They are bound to be top sellers for the 3DS and Pokemon always sells very well. I only see them getting cancelled if Game Freak didn't have the money to make them,with which Im sure they're just fine. In that case they wouldn't be able to make other games as well. Id think it would have to be serious for that to happen.

That being said Id be very dissapointed if they were cancelled. Im really looking forward to seeing what these games have to offer. I also bought my 3DS mainly in anticipation of Pokemon games so Id be stuck with a 3DS that I only use to play like one game :/

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom