• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If YOU wrote the anime, how would you have written Sinnoh?

Hm.
I would have definitely introduced Team Galactic in the show earlier ..perhaps at Floroma Town, where Mars was supposed to be at the Windworks. :x They seriously needed way more screentime. All their episodes are very entertaining.

I would have also introduced Jun earlier, and have him appear occasionally ..since he's another great rival for Satoshi ..and I find him very interesting and fun.

I would have kept Hikari having the same amount of starness as she had at the beginning of D/P ..and I would have kept her with her old personality, where she was fun at every moment.

I would have made Haruka stay for a bit longer, just to have more interaction with Hikari. And also have her talk a bit more about how Shuu and Harley have been.

But honestly, D/P hasn't upset me much at all. It's actually been pretty good all through. of course, there's going to be crappy fillers and crap ..but that's expected. It can't be perfect.

Oh, I forgot my biggest gripe - they should have made Jindai Shini and Reiji's dad :p

That and Eteboss (and maybe an earlier Hiko) are about the only changes I'd have made. And even then, they're minor enough that I don't really care.

Seriously, all you people bitching about DP need to go rewatch Jouto to remind yourselves what a real let-down saga is like.

I would have to agree that Johto is the saga that needs a serious re-write and not Sinnoh. Though if I was in charge we would have had Chimchar evolved before the Fifth Gym and DP118 would have taken place shortly after the Fifth Gym and not when it did.

James would have a Tangrowth that would be a wimp and scared of Jessie (don’t know why, but I think it would be funny).

Conway would have made at least one or two more appearances by now.

Brock would still have his Marshtomp and it would have evolved into Swampert (I know why it didn’t come with Brock because it’s a Third Gen Starter, but I still would have like to have seen Ash, May, and Brock all have fully evolved Gen III Starters).

I think it would be great that there would be an episode, where Pokémon Hunter J and Brodie meet and happened to be working the same job, but for different employers.

Jigglypuff would have returned and Team Galactic would have been in a few more episodes (maybe three or four).

Oh, I forgot my biggest gripe - they should have made Jindai Shini and Reiji's dad :p

Agreed :D

Another thing - although minor and mainly for my own amusement - would be let Ash catch a Drifloon, which would constantly try to carry him off to 'the underworld'. I dunno, that would just be a wonderful gag.
Hell, let anyone catch a Drifloon that wanted to carry its trainer off.

Otherwise I'm pretty content with the show. I'm too easy~

Misty would be back, Dawn and Lucas would actually have decent parts, Paul would never have been created, and the dialogue wouldn't be corny.

Team Rocket would gun down Pikachu and Piplup (but not before forcing Piplup to have sex with Pikachu's carcass).
Team Rocket would be a whole lot more competent.
Arceus wouldn't exist.
Pokémon wouldn't have powers that humans don't, thus insuring human dominance.
Ash would be a better trainer. The fact that he still gets owned by noobs boggles my mind.
It would be based on the USA rather than Japan.
Sex

Wait. I would rewrite pretty much everything. It would be an adult show and of course, then I will watch it. God would be God, not a fat horse who could get owned by pistol. Ok.

^wtf

ooooooooooook, isn't there a trope for that kind of writing style....?

For lol's sake, I would have TR get a new balloon face. Seriously, 500 episodes of seeing Meowth balloon. Let's have the Wobbufet balloon back every once in a while!

Misty would be back, Dawn and Lucas would actually have decent parts, Paul would never have been created, and the dialogue wouldn't be corny.
Completely agree, except possibly for the dialogue part. Not saying it couldn't use fixing or anything, but seriously, you're just now complaining about the dialogue? This is Pokemon we're watching, after all; I'd just assumed people had become accustomed to it. :lol:

Team Rocket would gun down Pikachu and Piplup (but not before forcing Piplup to have sex with Pikachu's carcass).
Team Rocket would be a whole lot more competent.
Arceus wouldn't exist.
Pokémon wouldn't have powers that humans don't, thus insuring human dominance.
Ash would be a better trainer. The fact that he still gets owned by noobs boggles my mind.
It would be based on the USA rather than Japan.
Sex

Wait. I would rewrite pretty much everything. It would be an adult show and of course, then I will watch it. God would be God, not a fat horse who could get owned by pistol. Ok.
I lol'd.

Unpleasable Fanbase-Nothing with the show makes you happy

Darker and Edgier- You want sex, drugs, violence, so on and so forth, but you don't realize that it would completely kill the show that you don't seem to like very much anyways.

Fandumb- As it says.

Unpleasable Fanbase-Nothing with the show makes you happy

Darker and Edgier- You want sex, drugs, violence, so on and so forth, but you don't realize that it would completely kill the show that you don't seem to like very much anyways.

Fandumb- As it says.

I hope you realized that whole previous post was a joke.

If I wrote the anime, I wouldn't have written Sinnoh-or at least not anything like it is now. I would've had Ash become the League Champion back after Kanto or Johto.

What the cities and areas look like
Twinleaf town = Pacifica, California
Sandgem town = Daly City, California
Jubelife City = New York City, New York (sorry, not good ol' SF)
Oreburgh City = (I didn't decide yet)
Eterna City = Palm Springs, California
Snowpoint City = Nome, Alaska
Canalave City = a mix of Pearl Harbor, Hawaii; San Fransisco, California; and Cape Canaveral, Florida.
Floaroma Town = (undecided)
Veilstone City = a mix of Los Angeles, California and Las Vegas, Nevada
Pastoria City = a mix of orlando, Florida and parts of Louisiana
Hearthome City = a mix of Washington DC and London, England
Sunyshore City = Dubai, UAE
Celestic Town = Undecided
Solaceon Town = undecided
Mt. Stark = Mauna Kea, Hawaii
The Battle Frontier area = Hawaii
Iron Island = undecided
That's all I can think of right now.

1: Ambipom and cut down on the episodes that don't actually contribute to the storyline.
2: Base the Gym Leaders' teams on their Platinum ones after Platinum was released.
3: Move the Rotom episode to be during the Eterna Forest subarc.
4a: Showcase Leafeon around that point.
4b: Either that or showcase Glaceon during the Candice battle and give May Leafeon instead. I'd probably swing towards A, although either would work.

I would change several things:
I) Ash’s pokemon team. Look at the pokemon he has caught so far:
Electric: 1 total – Pikachu
Grass: 4 total – Bulbasaur, Chikorita/Bayleef, Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile, Turtwig/Grotle
Water: 6 total – Krabby/Kingler, Squirtle, Lapras, Totodile, Corphish, Buizel
Fire: 4 total – Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard, Cyndaquil, Torkoal, Chimchar
Flying: 7 total – Charizard, Pidgeotto/Pidgeot, Noctowl, Taillow/Swellow, Starly/Staravia/Staraptor, Gligar/Gliscor, Butterfree
Normal: 7 total – Pidgeotto/Pidgeot, Noctowl, Taillow/Swellow, Starly/Staravia/Staraptor, Tauros, Snorlax, Aipom/Ambipom

Ice: 2 total – Lapras, Snorunt/Glalie
Ground: 2 total – Gligar/Gliscor, Phanpy/Donphan
Poison: 2 total – Bulbasaur, Muk
Bug: 2 total – Heracross, Caterpie/Metapod/Butterfree
Fighting: 2 total – Heracross, Mankey/Primeape

Rock: 0 total
Dragon: 0 total
Dark: 0 total
Psychic: 0 total
Ghost: 0 total
Steel: 0 total

Notice how some types are prevalent, some are barely present, and the rest are not present AT ALL? Defeating a certain type of pokemon is one thing. Training a pokemon with that type – another, very different. Training a pokemon provides a different set of challenges compared to defeating it in a battle.

Ash’s team is usually: Pikachu+grass type+water type+fire type+a bird (flying+normal type)+one other pokemon. It’s the same thing every time, to the point where the writers started using plots from past seasons (examples: Pikachu struggling against a Raichu; an electric type having too much electricity). It’s about time Ash got some new types and new challenges to deal with. Otherwise he cannot be called a Pokemon Master even if he manages to somehow defeat Cynthia.

Hopefully in the next saga the writers will finally try something new, for example: Pikachu+ghost type+dark type+psychic type+rock type+steel type.

Also, how about Ash capturing more than six pokemon, and rotating the ones on the team based on the challenges he faces, effectively training more than six pokemon? When was the last time he did that? Certainly not in DP…

II) I would change the main group:
1) Brock would stay with the group only until meeting Cynthia, then he would go home and she would take his place, traveling with Ash and Dawn. I think she would make a fine mentor for them (and Ash and Dawn would have first row seats during her title defenses, such as against Aaron). I have nothing against Brock, but after a few hundred eps of “Brock sees a pretty girl, Brock falls in love and hits on her, Brock gets shot down” I’ve had enough. Plus it would be interesting to see Ash having to deal with two (very different) girls…
2) Ship tease: some more Ash/Dawn moments (to please the pearlshippers) and some Ash/Cynthia ones (to annoy said shippers :p).

III) The following characters and groups would appear more often:
1) Team Galactic
2) Hunter J and her henchmen
3) Zoey (partially as a ship tease for Dawn/Zoey shippers and partially because Dawn’s rivals really need more attention and screen time)

IV) Other minor changes, such as:
1) Someone in the group having enough brain to actually call Gardenia and ask her for advice on Grotle’s speed problems, instead of waiting for something to randomly happen. I mean, you know a person who specializes in grass type pokemon. Why not ask her for help while Grotle is getting treatment?
2) Dawn would actually capture pokemon from time to time.
3) All or nearly all pokemon that belong to main characters will have their gender made clear (where possible)

And so on. I probably will think of a few other things, but these are the main ones.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom