• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

In Which Generation Did You Start Playing Pokémon, and what was your first game?

In Which Generation Did You Start Playing Pokémon? (Updated to Gen IX)

• Total voters
Re: Your first Pokemon game?

Pokemon Diamond, I also got Ranger around that time but that was for my birthday.

Blue Version.

I remember going to the EB games with my mom and brother and buying a copy of each version. I was really pumped, and went home into my basement and sat on the couch with my brother and gamed. Except my batteries were dead, so I was really pissed at the time. Luckily we had extras.

I remember it took 6 year old me quite a while to figure out how to get Pokeballs to catch some Pokemon, lol. I wasn't reading what was being said at the time, I just wanted to catch some Pokemon and battle 'em! Eventually I figured out that I had to get Oak's Parcel and deliver it, and it was all good from there on out!

Blue version, near the time when it originally came out. It's the only version where I completed the Pokedex (I came so close on Gold, but it erased itself).

It was also the first game I bought for my Game Boy.

I notice a lot of people here saying that the 3rd and 4th generations are were their firsts. I feel old... :-(

Last edited:

My first Pokemon game was Pokemon Red, back in September 1998. I poured my childhood into Pokemon. I now have 760+ hours on Pokemon Red. I don't play it anymore for fear of something happening to it, but I will cherish the memories I've had with it forever.

My first Pokemon game was Pokemon Gold.

Ah, the memories...

Blue. Maybe a couple of months after it came out in the UK...

Think Silver's probably the one I've played most though.

my first one was prolly either Stadium or Pokemon Snap. but my first GBC game was Gold:) ahhh the memories ^-^ and i can still play it to! :D *battery never died!*

I feel old...my first personally owned VIDEO GAME was Pokémon Red. I got it for Christmas back in 1999 along with a transparent purple Gameboy Colour. My older brother got the same colour gameboy, and Pokémon Blue. Hilariously, I chose Squirtle and he chose Charmander.

Back then, liking Pokémon was cool. I remember one lesson, back when my Mum was a teaching assistant, she came into my classroom and asked me to check my Pokémon Red game, because a kid had reported one as stolen, saying it was the same colour gameboy as mine (At Primary School, before we went to eat, we had to leave our gameboys on top of a piano at the entrance to the hall)...turned out the kid made it up because he wanted the game. It got to the point where Pokémon was banned at school (Except on the last day of term, which my Mum suggested to the Headteacher became 'Pokémon Day') and when Digimon came around, it was 'Everything ending in Mon'...shame there wasn't Homeworkmon.

Backing to the old times <3!
My first game was Yellow <3. I got it when I was eight in 2001 I think xDU I'll never forget that September 13th when my parents buy it to me with my first game boy colour <333. I remember that I couldn't exit of Ash's house because I didn't find the door xDU

My first was Sapphire. I remember being scared of Kyogre. x3 /epicfail

Been there since the beginning: Pokémon Blue was my first came, of course. And I've been through every generation and most of the spin-offs. Don't wanna sound like I'm bragging. It just feels good to have been playing a series ever since its early days (unlike with Nintendo's other series, in which case I often played a later entry in the series like Ocarina of Time before getting to own the very first games).

Pokémon Blue, as a counterpart to my younger brother's own Red.

...then he had the Yellow one. And I didn't, and I was so sad (LOL XD)

pokemon yellow,blue and red :)
i remember playing it on my pink gameboy color ^^

pokemon yellow,blue and red :)
i remember playing it on my pink gameboy color ^^
There is no such a color for the GBC. It was a reddish shade, higher than Raspberry but less than Strawberry (its official name)

...but I had the same one, so it doesn't matter, hehe. I know what you mean XD

man that was red do many years ago. i remember it took me so long to finish the pokedex. ahhh the countless hours i spent on that game. sweet bliss i say sweet bliss.

There is no such a color for the GBC. It was a reddish shade, higher than Raspberry but less than Strawberry (its official name)

...but I had the same one, so it doesn't matter, hehe. I know what you mean XD

alright alright calm down XD

Gold as a counterpart to my brother getting silver. Then I played Yellow. =)

Depends on whether this means the first pokemon game I played or the first one I owned.
Played: Stadium/2
Owned: Diamond

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom