• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

In Which Generation Did You Start Playing Pokémon, and what was your first game?

In Which Generation Did You Start Playing Pokémon? (Updated to Gen IX)

• Total voters
Re: Your first Pokemon game?

Yellow. Darn Brock and his Electric-immune gym.

Red version, but I could never get to the seventh gym for the volcano badge. I couldn't find out how to use surf and I still can't... =( But I still liked, I remember hanging out in the Safari Zone and playing with my sister for hours... Oh the memories!
Still can't? Lol. Teach one of your 'Mons Surf, then go next to a body of water, press Start, choose Pokémon, go to your Surfer, press A, select Surf. Not that hard. If you don't have HM03, go to Safari Zone, find the Secret House (near where Warden's Golden Teeth are) and talk to the guy inside.

Yellow. Darn Brock and his Electric-immune gym.
That's why they gave Nidoran♂ Double Kick.

Pokemon Gold.

I got it when I was 5 years old.

Pokemon Yellow....my older brother owned Red,Blue, and Yellow and I had a copy of Yellow. He would later give all 3 of his games to me though =).

My first game was Pokemon Gold, followed by Pokemon Blue a couple of months later.

It was on the N64. I can't remember what it's called.

Portable wise, Soul Silver.

Yellow, lol. I loved when pikachu followed me.

...Pearl... Don't get me wrong, I always wanted Yellow, but I was 5 so mom wouldn't let me! D:

red, then blue. I was rather young (like 6 or 7), so to this day i'm not entirely sure why i got them (i'm pretty sure my parents gave them to me, but i dont know why lol)

Red. I had the see through Game Boy Color to go with it. Sadly a week later i left it out overnight in the rain.

Sapphire when I was 10 [Birthday present]. I begged my mom and dad to buy me Yellow, and later Gold, but they said that it was "too expensive" :c Thank you, Firered and HeartGold ^^ It was so cool that Firered came out on my birthday, 1st of October~ I was so excited when I got it~
Oh and of course I was super happy that:
a.) I got my first own handled console ever, which is of course Advanced.
b.) I got finally a Pokémon game! Being in the Pokégame world since then, although I have been a fan since -99.

my first was Blue then Yellow, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, and unfortunatly that was it untill Pearl then platinum, and soulsilver. I also have mystery dungeon blue, MD explorers of time, Pokemon ranger shadows of almia. Can you tell i love pokemon. I have been playing since the games were black and white lol.

Mine was the first Silver. Ah, Pokemon Silver. Those were good times...

Pokémon Yellow and Stadium, I had to play Yellow on stadium, since I didn't have a Gameboy or anything!

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom