• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Insane Pokémon Fact Entries

It doesn't make sense if they float on air, not water. Wailord is able to dive in RSE, and it makes absolutely no sense for an aquatic Pokemon to have such difficulty diving.

Maybe I'm misreading your post...but where's the difficulty?

Like I've already mentioned, it makes no sense for an ocean dwelling Pokemon to not be inclined to dive into deep waters.

Why?

Obviously, and I had taken into account that perhaps its bones are hollow and are filled with something like Helium to help it float, or even hydrogen which can explain its fire-breathing abilities if those gases come from an internal organ.

Might not just be helium or hydrogen. We're dealing with a fictional world where psychic powers are known to exist. Could be some sort of psychic assistance (nothing to back that up with, admittedly, but it's a theory). Hydrogen/helium makes more practical sense, but unless we can get a more detailed entry...nothing's certain.

However, that only goes as far as to explain how it is able to fly, but not how it is able to fly at those speeds.

Some sort of psychic assistance could explain that. Maybe a limited psychic ability that neutralizes gravity and friction/wind resistance. But now I'm just BSing stuff that would be more appropriate to the Pokemon World forum, so I'll shut up now. But, basically, if you can explain how it gets airborne (which we know, for a fact, it can do), maybe we can explain how it attains such speed (if, in fact, it can).

That's another thing that bothers me...alot of the Pokemon seem bizarrely underweight, and this was more of a problem back in the older days. Snorlax, the heaviest, isn't even as heavy as a real world cow.

Fucking Nidoking, with all that armor, is about the weight of like a young teenage male.

What's weird is that large Pokemon are underweight, while some smaller creatures re way too heavy for their size.

Maybe I'm misreading your post...but where's the difficulty?

Difficulty being that Wailord has to swallow a large amount of water to have itself sink, but then, atleast being less dense than water helps it get back to the surface when it needs air.

Considering most of its food is under the waves, it would be hard for it to get to them if it can't even get its mouth in the water, unless you want to argue that it eats Peliper.

I mean, have you tried to sink an inflated baloon? I have, and its not easy.

Last edited:
Difficulty being that Wailord has to swallow a large amount of water to have itself sink, but then, atleast being less dense than water helps it get back to the surface when it needs air.

I just consider it one of the mysteries of the Pokemon world. Certain things only make sense in certain ways.

Considering most of its food is under the waves, it would be hard for it to get to them if it can't even get its mouth in the water, unless you want to argue that it eats Peliper.

I mean, have you tried to sink an inflated baloon? I have, and its not easy.

Well, with the Pokemon world, it's unclear WHAT it eats, so who knows HOW far it needs to dive? And you're right about the balloon...I just wish I could remember how much weight is needed to offset buoyancy. But, now that I think of it, a lack of weight doesn't equal a lack of buoyancy, it just means it's a little harder for it to dive deep (which we covered). I mean, how much water is needed to make its weight high enough to cause it to sink? Maybe the lack of weight is due to a lack of body tissue or certain internal organs (it's the Pokemon world...maybe it's just a big whale balloon). Would be interesting to see a physicist or biolgist's take on some of these Pokemon. Plenty of explanations for how certain super powers could work. Let's see some for how certain Pokemon could work.

I heard somewhere that Machamp can supposedly throw something/one over the moon, too.

I think that Blaziken is said to do the same thing in a R/S/E dex entry.

"Aron has a body of steel. With one all-out charge, this pokemon can demolish even a heavy dump truck. The destroyed dump truck then becomes a handy meal for the pokemon." -Aron (obviously)

Usually, something about 1'04" like Aron should be smashed or ran over by a dump truck, not the other way around.
I think Machamp can only throw things over the horizon. Red/Blue: "Using its heavy muscles, it throws powerful punches that can send the victim clear over the horizon." There are a bunch of game entries stating that Machamp can throwing opponents over the horizon.

Sapphire: "Blaziken has incredibly strong legs - it can easily clear a 30-story building in one leap. This Pokémon's blazing punches leave its foes scorched and blackened. "
I think Ponyta jumps higher. Is the Eiffel Tower taller than the average 30 story building?
Aron? Yeah it would make more sense if it were Aggron...
That's another thing that bothers me...alot of the Pokemon seem bizarrely underweight, and this was more of a problem back in the older days. Snorlax, the heaviest, isn't even as heavy as a real world cow.

Fucking Nidoking, with all that armor, is about the weight of like a young teenage male.
Good point there, an adult steer (cattle) weighs about 600-900 kg on average, according to wikipedia. Snorlax weighs 460 kg. Yet its supposed to be pretty damn heavy. Well they are Pokemon...
Would be interesting to see a physicist or biolgist's take on some of these Pokemon. Plenty of explanations for how certain super powers could work. Let's see some for how certain Pokemon could work.
Heh, Pokemon defies biology like a mother, man. Take evolution for example. A biologist's nightmare... Explain how a mouse can shock people, lol.

Is the Eiffel Tower taller than the average 30 story building?

If you count the radio antenna on it, the Tower is 1,063 ft high, without the antenna it's 986 ft high.

Still a leap over a 30 story building is quite impressive.

If you count the radio antenna on it, the Tower is 1,063 ft high, without the antenna it's 986 ft high.

Still a leap over a 30 story building is quite impressive.

Yeah, I suppose it's still quite impressive. But according to Wikipedia, the Eiffel Tower's height is equivalent to about 81 levels in a conventional building. Which is pretty frickin high then. Wow, ponyta, who knew you were so buff?

It gets better in the FireRed dex. "Its body is light, and its legs are incredibly powerful. It can clear Ayers Rock in one leap."

That's 863 meters (2,831 ft)!!!

Heh, Pokemon defies biology like a mother, man. Take evolution for example. A biologist's nightmare... Explain how a mouse can shock people, lol.

Hey, scientists with nothing better to do have tried to explain Super Man's powers, so I'm pretty sure its not that hard for Pokemon. (especially when you consider all the theories proposed in the Pokemon World Forum which could make sense)

As for a mouse who shocks people, how do you explain an eel?

Also, Ditto. Self explanitory.

Last edited:
It gets better in the FireRed dex. "Its body is light, and its legs are incredibly powerful. It can clear Ayers Rock in one leap."

That's 863 meters (2,831 ft)!!!
Heh, that's pretty crazy, and only as a Ponyta, not a Rapidash. There's nothing much about jumping for Rapidash.
Hey, scientists with nothing better to do have tried to explain Super Man's powers, so I'm pretty sure its not that hard for Pokemon. (especially when you consider all the theories proposed in the Pokemon World Forum which could make sense)

As for a mouse who shocks people, how do you explain an eel?
They've really tried superman? lol
Well if you want to find out how an electric eel shocks things, go to wikipedia :p
As for pikachu, how does they control the direction of their shocks and focus it?
In any case, explain how an overgrown lizard is able to breathe fire.

As for pikachu, how does they control the direction of their shocks and focus it?

I was going to say that they ionize the air and form something like an "air wire" to guide the shock. But how would it deal with wind or humidity?

Also 2 more:

Pidgeot (Silver) - It spreads its beautiful wings wide to frighten its enemies. It can fly at Mach 2 speed.

Um, care to explain how a Pokemon can fly as fast as the Concord? How could it generate enough power to hit speeds like that? Also wouldn't the friction burn the Pokemon severely if it tried to fly at those speeds?

Kingler (All) - It is mentioned in almost all the 'dex entries that the large pincer has 10,000 HP crushing force.

How on earth does ANY living thing produce that much horsepower? A Blue Whale swimming at top speed produces about 535 horsepower (See http://jeb.biologists.org/cgi/reprint/25/3/237.pdf). Allegedly the peak power output of a Blue Whale is 2.5 MW (3,353 HP) (See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orders_of_magnitude_(power)

Toxicroak- Its knuckle claws secrete a toxin so vile that even a scratch could prove fatal.

I wouldn't want to run into these guys. I worry about the trainer that has to train a disobedient one. =P

Alakazam (From silver) Its brain cells multiply continually until it dies. As a result it remembers everything.

Found that one interesting just because it mentions death, maybe not so insane though. Kadabra also has some weird ones.

Kadabra (From Diamond, Fire red) If one is nearby, an eerie shadow appears on TV screens. Seeing the shadow is said to bring bad luck. (FR) It happened one morning - a boy with extrasensory powers awoke in bed transformed into KADABRA.

Machoke (Pearl) It can lift a dump truck with one hand. Using that power, it helps people with heavy jobs.

Bellsprout (Ruby, Saphire) BELLSPROUT's thin and flexible body lets it bend and sway to avoid any attack, however strong it may be. From its mouth, this POKéMON spits a corrosive fluid that melts even iron. (Melts iron?!)

Creepy Victreebell fact (Red, Blue): Said to live in huge colonies deep in jungles, although no one has returned from there.

Xatu, (Silver) (Interesting because it mentions South America)In South America, it is said that its right eye sees the future and its left eye views the past. (Emerald) It has the enigmatic power of foreseeing the future. Some people in different lands have long believed that XATU are emissaries from another world.

Not all are insane, but interesting or funny at least. xD

You realise our Gastric juices can melt iron right (or something to that extent)? I'm thinking that you are getting the impression that it instantly melts the metal.

As for Victreebel, how would they know that they live ion huge colonies deep in the jungles if no one has returned to document that?

As for Toxicroak's claws, do you know how potent snake venoms are? Its not much of a stretch.

As for Victreebel, how would they know that they live ion huge colonies deep in the jungles if no one has returned to document that?

That's why they're "said" to live in colonies, not "do" live colonies.

Exactly. All of Oak's vaunted scientific data is based on nothing more than hearsay. And THAT sums up science in the Pokemon universe.

Some sort of psychic assistance could explain that. Maybe a limited psychic ability that neutralizes gravity and friction/wind resistance. But now I'm just BSing stuff that would be more appropriate to the Pokemon World forum, so I'll shut up now. But, basically, if you can explain how it gets airborne (which we know, for a fact, it can do), maybe we can explain how it attains such speed (if, in fact, it can).

maybe that's why Agility is considered a Psychic-type move.

Snorlax, the heaviest, isn't even as heavy as a real world cow.

actually, Kabigon's no longer the heaviest. It's been outdone by Groudon. Metagross dropped it down to 3rd place in the same generation, and now it's being outclassed by Giratina (both Another and Origin) and Dialga. See for yourself.

actually, Kabigon's no longer the heaviest. It's been outdone by Groudon. Metagross dropped it down to 3rd place in the same generation, and now it's being outclassed by Giratina (both Another and Origin) and Dialga. See for yourself.

The point was that it's still supposed to be pretty heavy in pokemon world standards, and yet it's not as heavy as a real world cow.

Gyarados' enteries in almost all of the games are pretty far-out, as seen here ( http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Gyarados_(Pokémon) )...and will anyone care to explain how a water-type pokemon can "burn everything to the ground with intensely hot flames" (Emerald dex entery)? I also find it kind of interesting that Magikarp's brain "undergoes structural transformation" (Ruby Dex entery) when it evolves. Now, to me, that implies changes at the MOLECULAR level -- pretty far-fetched, in my opinion.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom