• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Is execution by lethal injection humane?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with an eye for an eye society is that crimes are being commited, except they're backed by the state and against the convicted. It makes the society into a bunch of hypocrites. "Oh, it's wrong to kill/steal/rape - except when we say it's OK."

Just tell us already, for Ho-oh's sake. xD

I say, we just do nothing to them. Just throw them in their cell, and basically forget about them, other than monitoring them via a hidden camera. And if you want to make yourself look good, have someone come in and declare the guy a vegetable. Other than that, we just forget about them, and that's how we kill them "painlessly" and cheaply.

I say, we just do nothing to them. Just throw them in their cell, and basically forget about them, other than monitoring them via a hidden camera. And if you want to make yourself look good, have someone come in and declare the guy a vegetable. Other than that, we just forget about them, and that's how we kill them "painlessly" and cheaply.

That's either life imprisonment or another debate entirely.

Are we making excuses for people? "Oh, my daddy didnt love me, so I'm gonna go kill Johnny down the street, cause he has a better life than me. And guess what? Since Im homeless, I'll actually come out of these better than before, cause I'll have a roof over my head."

Hmmmmmm, people choose to kill, the past could influence a choice, but, you still choose to do that. Now, are we saying that Bin Laden is acting the way he is cause of his past? I thought it was cause of his belief set, and he thinks hes getting 72 virgins on the other side?

Maybe. If daddy did love him, he wouldn't have killed. Then would you say he deserved to die? And your whole mental being is moulded by your experiences. For example, if you are given an electric shock by a socket, you will choose not to prod the socket again in future (unless you liked it). All your desicions are based on past experience, concious or not. If you see daddy hitting mum every day, then you accept it as normal and, without intervention you will probably hit your wife. A complex web of past experiences create your decision making process, not you in the present. Therefore, you cannot really be held accountable for your actions at all.

If a law was passed that stated this, then i still wouldn't go around raping or killing. The only people that would would be people who thought it was fine to do this if they could get away with it, just like now, the only people who do it are the ones willing to run the risk of doing the time for the crime. I'm not, but they are, which proves a fundamental difference in trains of thought, ones that were not hard-wired into them at birth, but were gained and shaped by their lives. In essence we are products of our existence, and so are they. We're not killed by the government for being law-abiding. They should in no way be killed for being psychopaths.

Like I said, I know a way where killing these criminals would save us a lot of money.

What would Jesus do?

Well, besides the whole "Let's stone us the ho we're all sleeping with" thing, I am sure Jesus, getting the result of the death penalty, would say that executions are bad -- although, lethal injections beats barely hanging onto a cross for several hours in the desert heat.

Well, besides the whole "Let's stone us the ho we're all sleeping with" thing, I am sure Jesus, getting the result of the death penalty, would say that executions are bad -- although, lethal injections beats barely hanging onto a cross for several hours in the desert heat.

Well, the thing is, we arent executing anybody for what they are. Jesus didnt go around killing people. So comparing Christ's execution to the executions today is pointless.

What would Jesus do? Well, for one, he'd offer forgiveness. Secondly, he probably would support executions, if the person was truly repentant, it would just mean they'd get to heavan faster, and spend less time in Purgatory.

Um, no.

Because I'm pretty sure Jesus said to "love your enemy". And also, the thing about casting the first stone...

Jesus was all about treating the marginalized members of society with kindness and love. Capital punishment is neither of those things.

Um, no.

Because I'm pretty sure Jesus said to "love your enemy". And also, the thing about casting the first stone...

Jesus was all about treating the marginalized members of society with kindness and love. Capital punishment is neither of those things.

Love your enemy, yes, but he didnt say let a menace to society to go. Why is there an hell if we are supposed to love our enemies? Oh, I get it you think that Jesus is so forgiving that he'll forgive you no matter what you do, even if you arent sorry, right? We have a moral OBLIGATION, to execute certain criminals. While its not ALWAYS the right thing to do, it is necessary in extreme cases. But, I guess you'd rather the scum live off the government for the rest of his life.

Love your enemy, yes, but he didnt say let a menace to society to go. Why is there an hell if we are supposed to love our enemies?

So that God has a place for those who sin. NOT so that we can judge those who have to be judged by God. Jesus said let those who hath not sinned cast the first stone. Or, in other words, unless YOU are without sin, don't judge others.

[qoute]Oh, I get it you think that Jesus is so forgiving that he'll forgive you no matter what you do, even if you arent sorry, right? We have a moral OBLIGATION, to execute certain criminals. While its not ALWAYS the right thing to do, it is necessary in extreme cases. But, I guess you'd rather the scum live off the government for the rest of his life.[/QUOTE]

Why is it our moral obligation? And...whose morals? Where does it say this in the Bible. And if it's not in the Bible, then aren't you just making stuff up?

So that God has a place for those who sin. NOT so that we can judge those who have to be judged by God. Jesus said let those who hath not sinned cast the first stone. Or, in other words, unless YOU are without sin, don't judge others.

[qoute]Oh, I get it you think that Jesus is so forgiving that he'll forgive you no matter what you do, even if you arent sorry, right? We have a moral OBLIGATION, to execute certain criminals. While its not ALWAYS the right thing to do, it is necessary in extreme cases. But, I guess you'd rather the scum live off the government for the rest of his life.

Why is it our moral obligation? And...whose morals? Where does it say this in the Bible. And if it's not in the Bible, then aren't you just making stuff up?[/QUOTE]

Didnt God punish some sinners? Listen, what is your excuse for keeping osama alive? He admited to killing people, he shows no remourse, keeping him alive would invite other terrorists to take hostages to exchange for him. What is your excuse for keeping someone like that alive exactly? Murderers, they are the scum of the earth. Where did this person love his enemy? When did he show mercy? Im tired of people fighting for the rights of people who totally disrespect every else's rights.

Let's not turn this into a religious debate. Religion has absolutely nothing to do with it.

It doesn't matter what Jesus would do. Jesus is not around anymore, Jesus is not the US government, and capital punishment already exists.

I've been thinking, did those killers stop and consider what Jesus would do? Do abortion supporters stop and think what Jesus would want? Since when has American been considering what Jesus wants? No, they only go to church on Christmas and Easter to look good to the big man. Heck, except for a minority, most of America is throwing God out of their lives for personal pleasure, so since when have Americans been considering what Jesus wants?

Didnt God punish some sinners?

This isn't about God's actions. It's about your's.

Listen, what is your excuse for keeping osama alive? He admited to killing people, he shows no remourse, keeping him alive would invite other terrorists to take hostages to exchange for him.

Because killing him would end terrorism?

What is your excuse for keeping someone like that alive exactly? Murderers, they are the scum of the earth. Where did this person love his enemy? When did he show mercy? Im tired of people fighting for the rights of people who totally disrespect every else's rights.

My excuse? I want to keep him alive to learn from him. Learn why he does what he does. Learn what motivated him. Learn what we need to look out for in the future. I want to know what makes psychos like him tick. And where that turning point was. And I want to lock him in a cage surrounded by land mines with a big "come and get me" sign. Cause I'm a cruel bastard. But I admit to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom