• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN012: Daimax Battle! Dande, The Greatest of Them All!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed Bellsprout is in this episode...
...is TR going to try to attack Lance and/or Leon then get a Bellsprout from the machine?:LOL:
That would be fun, would be even funner if it was a Magikarp
If so, then I guess that the second Pokemon's VA voices someone else, too. Wailord didn't leave much room for a partner, but Bellsprout certainly does unless it Dynamaxes.
Or it could be a random Pokémon that Go catches.

Possible but not likely for a Galar episode given the games, unless they have some time to kill in Kanto before they get on the plane as in the Sinnoh episode with Tentacool (but that scene was more about Piplup).

They soft-rebooted Steven so a change in voice actors makes sense.

Also, what about movie 1 characters?
Most of the supporting cast got new VAs: Dr. Fuji, Neesha, Fergus, Corey, Nurse Joy and obviously Giovanni. Raymond, Miranda and Officer Jenny retained their voices, as did the narrator due to lucky timing.

Yay for TRio and don't @me about how they're gonna ruin the match or whatever I NEED THEM OK

Also, holy crap, it's taken me up to this cast list to finally realise who Kikuna and Renji are! Every week I see those names and am like, 'Oh which pointless CotDs will these be?'!!!

Why’re so many people worried about TRio ruining the match? Don’t they usually just hand out snacks to everyone during big battles like these?

Still wasting valuable screen time I feel that could be best used to give Leon and Lance character or battle time

Not gonna lie that and the Hoenn League Finals are what I was thinking of in particular, though they were obviously a pretty long time ago.
To this day I question what substance and in what dosage the writers were on to make that executive decision. Like, who was asking for that at a time like that especially when they had finally had TRio butt out of interfering with the league.

I think that ever since the Rocket trio stopped appearing in every single episode it's hard to argue that they are "eating up screentime of an important battle" when it's much more likely "we couldn't figure out how to expand this battle so we're going to give the leftover time to the Rocket trio". Especially in this series where they've appeared so infrequently, if they are in this episode for a significant amount of time it's probably because the writers couldn't fill the whole episode with the battle and needed something to fill up the empty time.

Also can this episode end the theory that the Rocket trio appear less in this series because it's difficult to find excuses for them to follow Satoshi around the globe? In their four appearances so far in this series only one has been on mainland Kanto-- with the others being in Sinnoh, Galar, and a random island. Plus there have been three episodes (four if you count PM001) that take place on mainland Kanto without them. And another in Johto which is connected to Kanto by land. Clearly geographical distance is not the issue here.

Yeah remember how disapointing the Ishu league was due to Team Rocket?

I said it for years now ,Trio must stay out of tournaments or have a minimal role

Lets see what they do here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom