• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN053: Catch the Legend!? Find the Guardian of Water - Suicune!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Information courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

View: https://imgur.com/uQw4U1i

Satoshi and Go have received an eyewitness account regarding the legendary Pokémon Suicune. They spot Suicune at the lake they went to to investigate, but it seems someone is after it...? Will they be able to work together to resolve this situation?!

WHAT IS THE LEGENDARY POKÉMON SUICUNE?!
Suicune is said to travel across the world, purifying polluted water as it goes. It appears to have been confined to a certain lake.
SUICUNE:
Aurora Pokémon
Type: Water
Height: 2.0m
Weight: 187.0kg

THE POKÉMON CLOSELY CONNECTED TO SUICUNE:
These three Pokémon are all legendary Pokémon from the Jouto region. Apparently they all roam the world just like Suicune does.
ENTEI:
Volcano Pokémon
Type: Fire
Height: 2.1m
Weight: 198.0kg

RAIKOU:
Thunder Pokémon
Type: Electric
Height: 1.9m
Weight: 178.0kg

"Getting a Legend?! Search for Suicune, the Guardian Deity of Water!!" airs Friday January 29th, 2021!
* Airdate and -time may vary depending on region. A different episode may air instead.

Last edited:
Ok, if goh catches suicune then i’ll consider this series non canon in my head like star wars sequel trilogy. It basically a punch into the stomach after how much suicune sought out ash in Johto.

I highly doubt anyone will catch Suicune. The Writers seem to have driven themselves into a corner with what they are going to do with Goh & Legendary Pokemon. I'd like Goh to be a competent trainer (equal to or even greater than Ash) and catch Legendary Pokemon as part of his goal but he's clearly the opposite in the actual series. Therefore it would be very unfair if he catches Suicune.

Maybe the "Catch the legend" part of the title is referencing the person who is hunting suicune. Because let's just face it, Goh might have experience, but he still has a long way to go before he's ready for a legendary.

Tell that to Eternatus...
He literally caught it with Ash’s help with it being weakened by Zacian and Zamacenta. The only reason it counts in his Pokédex is because his ball was the one used to catch it. That’s like saying he was ready for Golurk when Ash’s Dragonite did the heavy lifting against it.

Suicune is being hunted by poachers, goes seeks aid with Goh, who is a small version of a poacher with his goal lol.

I think that's kind of a harsh and unfair comparison. I can understand why people don't like Goh or his goal, but claiming that he is a small version of a poacher is just not true. He catches his Pokemon easily, but that isn't on the same level of people who catch Pokemon with traps and intend to sell them. Goh has shown multiple times that he does care about his Pokemon and as much as people complain about how most of his Pokemon are just Lab fodder, they are still taken care of and are in a safe environment. Plus, I think leaving most of the captures at the Lab says more about how the writers aren't interested in making them actual characters more so than it does about Goh to be honest. Comparing Goh to villains isn't new sadly, but it never made sense to me.

As for Suicune, I'm pretty sure that it's just baiting the audience. They'd have to deal with Legendary Pokemon when it comes to Goh's goal eventually, but I'm just not sure if they'd go this route. Suicune would also be kind of a random first Legendary capture. Since Eterneus needed to be captured for plot reasons and he needed Ash's help for it, I'm not sure how much that should be counted at the moment. I'm not against the idea of Goh capturing Suicune. It is one of my favorite Legendary Pokemon, but I'd be shocked if they'd let anyone catch it.

As for Suicune, I'm pretty sure that it's just baiting the audience. They'd have to deal with Legendary Pokemon when it comes to Goh's goal eventually, but I'm just not sure if they'd go this route. Suicune would also be kind of a random first Legendary capture. Since Eterneus needed to be captured for plot reasons and he needed Ash's help for it, I'm not sure how much that should be counted at the moment. I'm not against the idea of Goh capturing Suicune. It is one of my favorite Legendary Pokemon, but I'd be shocked if they'd let anyone catch it.

The problem with counting Eternatus for Goh, instantly means Buzzwole, Stakataka and Pheromosa are official captures for Ash as well, who were also captured for plot reasons.

It also goes against the 2nd movie, which formally establishes that catching a Legendary for selfish gain is bad.
It was just those three specific Legendary birds.
The problem with counting Eternatus for Goh, instantly means Buzzwole, Stakataka and Pheromosa are official captures for Ash as well, who were also captured for plot reasons.
The difference is, they were caught only temporarily and released soon afterwards. Eternatus was caught permanently.

They were caught temporarily with the intent to release them back to their home worlds via the Ultra Wormholes. Eternatus was caught permanently, so that is a big difference. I'm just still not sure if we should count that given that it was required of them to do that in order to resolve the Darkest Day arc.

They were caught temporarily with the intent to release them back to their home worlds via the Ultra Wormholes. Eternatus was caught permanently, so that is a big difference. I'm just still not sure if we should count that given that it was required of them to do that in order to resolve the Darkest Day arc.
Yeah, and Gou has no intentions to use Eternatus in battle or have it hang out at the lab. It was caught so that it could be locked up and prevent any further damage.

The difference is, they were caught only temporarily and released soon afterwards. Eternatus was caught permanently.
"Caught just to be sealed" isn’t a huge difference from "caught just to be released". It’s been made pretty clear that Eternatus will never be in Gou's possession. And if it ever is, I personally won’t object to people making comparisons to Chairman Rose.

Last edited:
"Caught just to be sealed" isn’t a huge difference from "caught just to be released". It’s been made pretty clear that Eternatus will never be in Gou's possession. And if it ever is, I personally won’t object to people making comparisons to Chairman Rose.

I think that there is a bit of a difference since they still have Eternatus' Pokeball. While I don't think it would happen for a few reasons, that does make the idea of Goh using Eternatus at least more plausible than Ash getting any Ultra Beast he caught aside from Nagadel. Admittedly, that might not say much and I don't think Goh is going to get to use Eternatus anyway. It's pretty dangerous and it would render any tension pretty moot if he just had such a powerful Pokemon on standby, but I think having Eternatus sealed away in Goh's Pokeball is a bit different from catching and then quickly releasing Ultra Beasts in that sense.

Unless Goh uses Eternatus with the intent on recreating the Darkest Day or some other reason that still endangers innocent people for his own benefit, the comparisons to Chairman Rose probably wouldn't really be fitting. Granted, I've felt that way anytime people compare Goh to villains. It has always come off as just unnecessarily harsh and painting a really inaccurate picture of Goh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom