• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN053: Catch the Legend!? Find the Guardian of Water - Suicune!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
She said they would need to take precautions in case Eternatus was freed. She wouldn't have said that if they weren't planning on bringing it back
That means that Eternatus could break out. Breaking out of its confinement (that is, Pokeball) is probably equivalent to Gou no longer owning Eternatus. Ta da!

If Mew is ever shown under the command of a trainer, they should be an elderly Pokemon master with years of experience. Not some random kid who started his journey less than a year ago.

Assuming that Goh ever does capture Mew, it wouldn't be until near the end of Journeys, which would mean he'd ideally be a more experienced trainer by the time it happens. Even now I don't think Goh is really that inexperienced. That being said, I don't see Goh catching Mew, mainly because it would effectively mean he accomplished his goal and none of the characters have really done that yet, but I don't think Mew being a free spirit necessarily means that it wouldn't want to be captured or that it couldn't bond with another trainer. It just comes off like people are painting Goh's goal in a more negative light when the show doesn't treat it as such.

I’m 99.99% sure Gou's never going to get Mew. Ash's ambition is being a Pokémon master, which the show creators have admitted is a purposefully vague, childlike dream. I’m sure it’s supposed to be the equivalent for Gou.

The best development he can get is turning into a full fledged Pokémon professor trainee in my opinion. I thought they were going in that direction with him (and ended up rightfully predicting the Gou and Sonia focus in Darkest Day). That’s probably the way Gou as a character will take a leave from the series if he does, becoming a Pokémon professor in training in a never ending conquest for Mew.

No protag has ever successfully completed their goal by the end of their respective series and there's little reason to believe this'll be any different. Goh isn't even 1/5 of the way there.
not to mention the rest of the pokemon are like legendaries, pseudo, and pokemon ash has on his journeys team. He won’t catch every pokemon for sure. Plus every legendary is 1 episode at the least to catch

not to mention the rest of the pokemon are like legendaries, pseudo, and pokemon ash has on his journeys team. He won’t catch every pokemon for sure. Plus every legendary is 1 episode at the least to catch
And Then There Is Type:Null Where There Are Only 3 Of Them 1 Of Them Is Under Gladions And 2 Of Them Under Faba's Care Which I Doubt They Will Give To Goh

That means that Eternatus could break out. Breaking out of its confinement (that is, Pokeball) is probably equivalent to Gou no longer owning Eternatus. Ta da!
Doubt it. Once Eternatus breaks out Goh and Ash will probably be in Galar by the time it happens. Goh would definitely try and reach out towards his Pokemon

Doubt it. Once Eternatus breaks out Goh and Ash will probably be in Galar by the time it happens. Goh would definitely try and reach out towards his Pokemon
And Eternatus would not listen to him. Goh isn't some kind of legendary tamer. He's just a kid who wants to catch every Pokemon because that'll somehow that make him be able to catch mew.

Eternatus has no reason to listen to him. We don’t even know how sentient that thing is, for that matter. All we know for certain is that its last memories are of being trapped, continuously attacked by the same kids you’re vouching can calm it down, and then trapped again with no perspective of freedom.

Yeah, I don’t think it’s gonna be listening to reason.

Dude, it's happened a few times. Don't act like it hasn't. -_-
(though it HAS been a while...)
But it does happen so rarely and he normally just one shots every Pokemon with a regular pokeball. It's more entertaining when he fails because of this. Heck maybe if he has a losing streak, he might upgrade to great balls and ultra balls.

If Eternatus was capable of listening to humans a compassionate Pokémon professor of all things wouldn’t be advocating for sealing the Pokémon. It’s one of the few times a Pokémon has been explicitly trapped and "banished" because there was no other solution.

In hindsight, this is getting too off topic for this thread...

If Eternatus was capable of listening to humans a compassionate Pokémon professor of all things wouldn’t be advocating for sealing the Pokémon. It’s one of the few times a Pokémon has been explicitly trapped and "banished" because there was no other solution.

In hindsight, this is getting too off topic for this thread...
Yes. We Should Stop This. I'll Start A New Topic: Who Will Catch Suicune?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom