• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN059: The Lost Sarunori! Who is the Trainer!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too sad. Bayleef and Cyndawuil were good in Johto unlike Totodile. Pignite was meant to be an ace but was easily overshadowed by Krookodile. Even though I like Oshawott, his strenght in battle was given up halfpoint. It's sad considering all the kanto starters were badasses.
They were good in battle at the cost of the rest of Ash's Kanto Pokémon getting way less chances to shine than they did. I'm still mad at how Kingler was denied a chance to participate in the Silver Conference in favor of the already overexposed Squirtle getting even more spotlight.

So with the new director I think there still might be a chance for ash to get grookey . that means they might pull something unexpected I think thibk about it with the old director there was clickbait but with the new one not as much and we'll see if in right

I don't think grookey is very important for Ash. Ash already has Sceptile.

I think the strongest non-legend grass type he could have is Sceptile. I want Dragapult.

He is not using reserves
Ash should now join the league with a mixed team.

Greninja
Sceptile
Charizard
Pikachu
Infernape

6. Pokemon Journeys will finally decide. It becomes Dragonite or Lucario. Unless he catches Kubfu.

I don't think grookey is very important for Ash. Ash already has Sceptile.

I think the strongest non-legend grass type he could have is Sceptile. I want Dragapult.
They showed that Leon has Dragapult. The writers never like to show characters having the same Pokemon in battles, presumably cause it would be confusing.

He should have like:

-Aura Sphere
-Drain Punch/ Brick Break/ Power Up Punch (why this move is shown as such a big deal when it's not that strong will ALWAYS amaze me)
-Flash Cannon
-Bone Rush could be nice, but maybe Fire Punch or something like Shadow Claw could also be nice.
Maybe it's because while Power-Up Punch may not be powerful on its own, it does give a guaranteed boost to attack, so it gets more powerful the more it's used. It's also incredibly deadly in the hands of a Mega Kangaskhan, which is honestly probably the whole reason that move's distribution was greatly reduced in the next generations.

And Lucario can't learn Fire Punch, unfortunately (yes, it learns Blaze Kick but not Fire Punch. It's weird)

Last edited:
If Ash doesn't catch the fire type, I hope Lucario learns about Blaze Kick.

But I hope Ash gets Blaziken.

If Ash doesn't catch the fire type, I hope Lucario learns about Blaze Kick.

But I hope Ash gets Blaziken.

They don't like to distribute the same moves for Pokemon in the same cast. Considering Cinderace already knows Blaze Kick, there is no way that Lucario is gonna learn it, unless Cinderace doesn't know it anymore (Which i doubt will happen, since Kicking is its whole shtick).

They don't like to distribute the same moves for Pokemon in the same cast. Considering Cinderace already knows Blaze Kick, there is no way that Lucario is gonna learn it, unless Cinderace doesn't know it anymore (Which i doubt will happen, since Kicking is its whole shtick).
Goh’s Cinderace knows Quick Attack and Ash’s Naganadel knew Thunderbolt. I don’t overlap is as big a factor as you think.

EuDitBUXcAooxqf

Grookey seems interested in Goh...
This actually reminds me of Oshawott. In B&W, Oshawott took interest in Ash and followed him around for the first few episodes, and whilst Ash couldn’t catch it at first, since it was owned by Professor Juniper, he eventually got it. Maybe, and I pray, that Professor Magnolia owns Grookey, so there’s a chance of Ash/Goh having it.

Guys! Guys! Pokemon Company sent me some images about this episode!
1613640674915.jpeg
LOOK! It seems Ash has caught Grookey! This made me happy!

Ok jokes aside if we get an image showing Ash with Grookey I will dance from happiness

This actually reminds me of Oshawott. In B&W, Oshawott took interest in Ash and followed him around for the first few episodes, and whilst Ash couldn’t catch it at first, since it was owned by Professor Juniper, he eventually got it. Maybe, and I pray, that Professor Magnolia owns Grookey, so there’s a chance of Ash/Goh having it.
Yes! Grookey is simmlar to Oshawott! Both of them are underatted cute starters that have a playful personality! So maybe we have this 5-10 episode arc of it stalking Ash!

I thought that Ash was happy with his Sceptile that he now owns instead of getting Blaziken.

Sceptile is, in my opinion, the strongest pokemon of the grass type. Except for legends.

Ash had to be given Sceptile at Hoenn. and it was true. He already had a Charizard. And he got a great Infernape in Dp. I don't think Ash needs Blaizken.

But if he's going to get a starter, I'd prefer Blaziken. Because I don't think there's a good starter that ash could get anyway.

He couldn't get only Blaziken one of the best starters. I don't think Ash needs a starter poker.

It would have been nice if he had taken Sobble or Torchic. But that's okay. Ash needs a legendary poker. He doesn't really need a starter poker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom