• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN128: Climax! The Night Before the Decisive Battle! Satoshi VS Dande!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only recasts I can think of are Professor Oak and Raihan though the former was death and the latter a scandal with the VA.
Kawakami Tomoko (Dawn's Buneary), Fujiwara Keiji (Maxie), Kayumi Iemasa (Professor Rowan), Honda Chieko (Gardenia), and Suzuoki Hirotaka (Giovanni) have also passed away. Also, Steven Stone and Cynthia's Garchomp were also recast in spite of their original actors being alive.

Summary and Partial VA list courtesy of Adamant

It's time for the Masters Tournament Finals, which will determine who's the best in the world, and PWCS News is doing a special that will present the decisive match the world is eagerly awaiting in greater detail than anywhere else! The special will provide a thorough coverage of not only highlights of Satoshi and Dande's battles, but also of the various encounters between the two! In addition, the special has obtained some exclusive news it's going to break?!

Voice Cast:
Rice Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu

Wasn't one of the Try Guys kicked out for cheating just a few weeks ago?
That's an internet thing so the perception there is quite different then say mainstream tv shows or movies, like you'd never heard about an actor losing out on a role here because they cheated on someone.
Besides most people like myself never even heard of the Try Guys until that trended online, I still don't have a clue who the hell they are or what they do.

Haven't seen the series in a long time, but I might watch the Master 8 when its on Netflix.

I totally agree with many of the posters in regards to the high number of clip shows, but there are still high number of cases of COVID-19 in Asia (in fact, the Korea Times is reporting a potential "twindemic" due to winter coming up of both the flu and COVID-19, and no doubt that there could be a similar situation in Japan, where the anime is from) and this would no doubt have an impact on production of new episodes, hence the high frequency of clip shows and delaying the anime based on Scarlet and Violet. I feel that if it wasn't for COVID-19, then there would've been less clip shows (or none), but there would be more substance and more depth in the remaining episodes, and I think Pokemon Journeys would've finished by now. But you can't control these things, and hopefully the next series of Pokemon set in Paldea would have less problems that the problematic Pokemon Journeys, which seemed to have been plagued by problems due to situations beyond the control (including a suspension of production in 2020 due to COVID-19).

If I were to decide who to cheer for, Ash or Leon, I would choose ... the referee. Man, that poor guy gets too little attention if you ask me.

I know it's just my fanfiction now but just imagine: The referee actually being Giovanni in disguise! :LOL: After the battle, he calls for Mewtwo and defeats them both. I personally would find that much more entertaining than that battle I don't expect much from :LOL:

That's an internet thing so the perception there is quite different then say mainstream tv shows or movies, like you'd never heard about an actor losing out on a role here because they cheated on someone.
Besides most people like myself never even heard of the Try Guys until that trended online, I still don't have a clue who the hell they are or what they do.
I have a vague recollection of them wearing fake baby bumps for one video, no idea what the context was as I only saw the video as a thumbnail. I think they're just another one of those YouTube channels that do goofy things for internet points, kind of like SIS vs BRO or Smosh.

On another note, is this episode just going to be yet another recap? I thought I heard that there might be an announcement of some sort within the episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom