• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Kotone's English name revealed?

I like the name Lyra, it fits her.

Now, question. Is Kotone the spokesperson of the Johto Festival? I thought she was just there with Kazunari and his dad...
She did speak publicly there, and nobody else springs to mind who could've been a spokesperson. As for the choice of Lyra, it reminds me of one thing...

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
"Lyra". It's definitely better than I dared to hope. I feared it was gonna be "Melody" or stylised "Melodi" or something along those lines.

I was hoping for "Harriet" to tie in with harp,actually.

Lyra works, I like it. It's definitely not a name I've heard of before though.

I was thinking maybe Carmen, referencing the opera.

"Lyra". It's definitely better than I dared to hope. I feared it was gonna be "Melody" or stylised "Melodi" or something along those lines.

I was hoping for "Harriet" to tie in with harp,actually.

I originally thought she'd be called Katy or Kelly or something... which would be un-fitting.

I like Lyra, but I also like the name I predicted, Angie.

Well, we already had an Angie, though...

I like Lyra. And now I can stop calling Pokesilvershipping by using Japanese names...I was really getting a little sick of saying SatoshixKotone. Now I can say AshxLyra. ^-^ (I...I'm not sure yet, but there's a chance I might end up supporting that ship...probably not...)

I originally thought she'd be called Katy or Kelly or something... which would be un-fitting.

It was pretty much certain to get a musical tie-in. That's been pretty much a consistency throughout the years. Katy or Kelly would've been pretty far out there IMO.

But all in all, Kelly wouldn't have been so unfitting to be honest. It's generic, but it could've worked.

I will say this, I do prefer Lyra over Maria, despite how appropriate Maria would have been.

Reminds me of a line from a church song: "You are the music; make me a lyre." It's nice and it's unique, so I'm happy.

I'm not gonna lyrabout it, but here's hoping Kazunari's english name will be something along the lines of Harper or something similar. If not, it'll tug at my heartstrings until I hit a bum note.

Same here, I call 'em what I first know 'em as. Lyra's a bit of a surprise, but it's pretty enough. I wonder how they come up with these?

I'm not gonna lyrabout it, but here's hoping Kazunari's english name will be something along the lines of Harper or something similar. If not, it'll tug at my heartstrings until I hit a bum note.

No, not Harper. Anything but that. Speaking as a Canadian, that would be my absolute last choice for a name.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom