• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Lavender Town music anomaly...?

Speaking about Lavender Town, I remember playing Firered once and I went to the Tower. I walked normally and suddenly, the music of the Tower sounded quite glitchy. I don`t remember how it sounded exactly, but it didn`t sound nice. Also, it didn`t sound like the actual music track of the Tower.
And also, I remember this happening to me in the same floor of the Tower many times, not just once. Shutting the console off helped.

Has any other of you experienced this kind of thing?

Oh, and those high-pitched beebs gave me a headache. And my ears hurted little. Nothing too serious.
Is those "White Hand" etc. things true, by the way? I couldn`t imagine that Nintendo would create such scary things in Pokémon game O__O

Oh, and those high-pitched beebs gave me a headache. And my ears hurted little. Nothing too serious.
Is those "White Hand" etc. things true, by the way? I couldn`t imagine that Nintendo would create such scary things in Pokémon game O__O
Well, it's not sure, but since that post states that White Hand thing, the ghost animation and the soundtracks were computer-filetypes, like .wav, .gif and .swf, it's impossible since games, or at least the GB gmaes, don't use .wav, .gif and .swf filetypes..

No, the White Hand/Buried Alive thing is a myth. As for the PasteBin thing, I actually believed it until I noticed that if he died, they couldn't have gotten how he died so clearly.

the buriedalive thing is creepy, though

i'm glad it isn't real

I was listening to the music, and I began to experience a disturbing headache. I started looking around, and I began to see faint images of young children. Then, I heard a little voice in my head, saying "follow me. follow me..."

Oh, I also cut my head off.

I was listening to the music, and I began to experience a disturbing headache. I started looking around, and I began to see faint images of young children. Then, I heard a little voice in my head, saying "follow me. follow me..."

And that's why we all love you for cutting off your head.. :kiss:

It doesn't seem all that high-pitched to me...

But I will admit that my ears thrummed at certain parts, and it gave me a headache.

EDIT: Oh wait, heard it. Barely, though.

Last edited:
I can't hear whatever it is I'm supposed to be hearing. Sounds like Lavender Town to me, still creepy like Lavender Town always is.

These are even creepier (pictures don't help either).

I can't hear whatever it is I'm supposed to be hearing. Sounds like Lavender Town to me, still creepy like Lavender Town always is.

These are even creepier (pictures don't help either).

Wow, if pokemon was rated T, I could figure out the plot with this music.

1:16 in the second one... I'm never going to think of Gastly the same again. o_O I'm assuming I'm not the only one who heard it.

Wow this made my day.

I doubt that anyone died. If they did, this would be all over the news "Game Music Kills Children END OF DA WORLD!!!". It probably caused a few headaches. But It was a great story. *jumps into a blender*

Last edited:
WOW that is freaky. i got through the first 10 seconds... then turned the window off. REALLY SCARY I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT HAPPENED AFTER THE FIRST 5 SECONDS!!! POKEMON SHOULD BE RATED T FOR TEEN!

well i listend to it
it hits this just right pitch that starts making my Tinitus act up, so i get a ringing in my ears and that makes my head hurt
and it is very creepy.
....does that count for anyting

WOW that is freaky. i got through the first 10 seconds... then turned the window off. REALLY SCARY I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT HAPPENED AFTER THE FIRST 5 SECONDS!!! POKEMON SHOULD BE RATED T FOR TEEN!

Uh... you do realize that the changed/questionable part of the music doesn't play for the first time until around 50 seconds in, right? What you're getting scared of is the normal Lavender Town theme.

Also, wow, lots of reported symptoms in this topic. I can only imagine how many there must have been from kids wearing headphones with direct-from-gameboy input o_O I heard it all clearly and didn't have any real side effects, but I blare music from headphones and polk speakers all the time and frequently screw around with making pitches as high as possible and seeing how loud I have to make them until I can hear them with earbuds in... I like sound a bit too much for it to phase me, heheh.

I haven't been this nervous to check out something Pokemon-related since the Porygon episode... -__-

Yeah, I saw that part of the porygon episode...

Articuno, I heard it too, he said it was burn, but I still think it is bury me.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom