• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same game that gives Gigantamax forms to Pikachu and Meowth, though? Starters having them wouldn't be particularly wild.
Except they're giving them to the first forms, not the final forms, meaning that they will lose the ability to Gigantamax upon evolution. This will be a problem, especially if DP remakes focus heavily on Gigantamax. They will essentially have to remake Sinnoh in the Let's GO format and force players to keep the starters unevolved for the whole playthrough.

It doesn't claim that Corviknight is a jackdaw in the rumor that I see? Only that it evolves from a mockingbird that evolves into what looked to them like a falcon.

And jackdaws are corvids just as much as ravens are, so...

Someone else said that. I figured that’s exactly what it said. But that is not a good reasoning. That’s like saying a raven and a crow are the same, or all canines are. Ravens are extremely different. Especially compared to a small headed gray crow. I did a small study on the two for college so yes it bothers me. They are called different things for a reason

Someone else said that. I figured that’s exactly what it said. But that is not a good reasoning. That’s like saying a raven and a crow are the same, or all canines are. Ravens are extremely different. Especially compared to a small headed gray crow. I did a small study on the two for college so yes it bothers me. They are called different things for a reason
i mean....it's Pokemon. not really known for being scientifically accurate in any regard. (see: Sandshrew)

i mean....it's Pokemon. not really known for being scientifically accurate in any regard. (see: Sandshrew)
Except they class corviknight as a raven pokemon, and I thought the rumor was calling it a jackdaw. That was the connection I made.

On a separate note any guesses to when we will see Rapidash? And whether or not it has an evo? I’m betting no to the second

Last edited:
Except they class corviknight as a raven pokemon, and I thought the rumor was calling it a jackdaw. That was the connection I made.
Well, Pokédex does say Blastoise is the "Shellfish" pokémon, so I guess it's not accurate. Look at this info wrote by Bulbapedia about Corviknight's origins:

"Corviknight may be based on a western jackdaw, commonly found in Great Britain. Its wing feathers resemble a knight's armor and its head resembles a knight's helmet. Corviknight's overall appearance may be based on black knight characters from medieval settings. It may also draw inspirations from ravens."

They're called different things because they're not the exact same animal, but they are related and Pokemon tends to combine inspirations, not take from a single source.

Except they're giving them to the first forms, not the final forms, meaning that they will lose the ability to Gigantamax upon evolution. This will be a problem, especially if DP remakes focus heavily on Gigantamax. They will essentially have to remake Sinnoh in the Let's GO format and force players to keep the starters unevolved for the whole playthrough.
Coming back around to this- not necessarily, there's nothing to say that they couldn't receive a Gigantamax for every stage of their evolution line. As it is now, we know that Pikachu and Meowth apparently get Gigantamax forms and we don't know if their evolutions might gain them as well. Some pokemon might Gigantamax at every stage or at least at more than one stage while others only in the final stage. Unfortunately, they are free to be that inconsistent.

Heck, Sword and Shield might hand us special Sinnoh starters that can't evolve as a teaser for Gen 4 remakes.

While I still maintain that "leak" isn't worth any attention because it doesn't propose anything that we didn't already have proof or a solid basis for, I wouldn't really disqualify it on the grounds of a slight species mix-up. Individual Pokémon can draw from multiple inspirations, and leaks can also get this sort of thing wrong themselves (remember the Chinese leak with its "dolphin" Pokémon which in hindsight must surely have been either Brionne or a super-misunderstood Tapu Fini?).

Well, Pokédex does say Blastoise is the "Shellfish" pokémon, so I guess it's not accurate. Look at this info wrote by Bulbapedia about Corviknight's origins:

"Corviknight may be based on a western jackdaw, commonly found in Great Britain. Its wing feathers resemble a knight's armor and its head resembles a knight's helmet. Corviknight's overall appearance may be based on black knight characters from medieval settings. It may also draw inspirations from ravens."

Yeah that seems like an assumption to me. The actual pokemon page on the website literally claims it as a raven pokemon, and to be honest it looks much more like a raven. It’s all black for one. Plus they are basically everywhere.

My only point was that a pokemon that is claimed as a blah blah pokemon should be accurately claimed in your leak. Especially when it is a confirmed pokemon. I’m not arguing stylistic differences. If I did a leak and stated the legendary dogs people would have issues with this as well. A wolf is different and it’s claimed as a wolf.

Yeah that seems like an assumption to me. The actual pokemon page on the website literally claims it as a raven pokemon, and to be honest it looks much more like a raven. It’s all black for one. Plus they are basically everywhere.

My only point was that a pokemon that is claimed as a blah blah pokemon should be accurately claimed in your leak. Especially when it is a confirmed pokemon. I’m not arguing stylistic differences. If I did a leak and stated the legendary dogs people would have issues with this as well. A wolf is different and it’s claimed as a wolf.
To be honest, something like over 90% of Bulbapedia's origin trivia is just speculation anyway.

It's this one.

GF/TPCi is an empire juggernaut of a franchise that only cares about making money first and foremost with their property. They hardly care about anything they did in the past except for pressing the nostalgia button in newer games so to make even more money. Disney is like this, Thomas and Friends is like this. Namely any franchise you can think of is like this. Some beginning to follow that same trend. I should expect this 10 or even 20 years ago, perhaps I'm getting old. However in recent years, I somehow these companies have lost their respect and care for others and instead focus on their idol, the mighty dollar. Once money comes in, the jig is up. It's now only a matter of time before everything collapse around them if they don't turn for the better.

Yeah....no. Everything you’ve said in this long tirade is just your frustration over minor things (like when you went on a rant about slavery for no reason.) Just because Ponyta is getting a Galarian form doesn’t mean Game Freak is doing nothing but slamming their hands on a nostalgia button. I also really, really, really don’t see the correlation between Thomas the Train, Disney, and Pokémon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom