• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love another Eevee-like Pokémon, but only because I love split evos and the concept is so strangely underused. That being said, why would they have it evolved into the same three types that Eevee evolves into? That makes no sense. Let it evolve into like... Ground/Rock/Steel or something.

That’s the thing, this concept completely retreads over Eevee, with the same typings and even a similar fox influenced design. They could not create such a Pokémon and not see it compared to Eevee. Nothing can ever hope to compete with Eevee, let’s be honest.

I would LOVE a different evolution for Vigoroth, though. But again, another dark type Galarian form used by Team Yell? Why? That role is filled already.

Dark types were among the most popular Alolan forms. We had a Normal Pokemon become Dark/Normal, a Normal Pokemon becoming pure Dark, and Poison Pokemon becoming Poison/Dark. This gen we already have a another Normal Pokemon becoming Dark/Normal, for there to be even more Dark type Galarian forms than this would certainly fit last gen.

I would love another Eevee-like Pokémon, but only because I love split evos and the concept is so strangely underused. That being said, why would they have it evolved into the same three types that Eevee evolves into? That makes no sense. Let it evolve into like... Ground/Rock/Steel or something.

I would LOVE a different evolution for Vigoroth, though. But again, another dark type Galarian form used by Team Yell? Why? That role is filled already.

I agree with you on both accounts. Giving the team even more Dark types to repetitively use would be boring gameplay; and I fully believe Gamefreak would do that.

I was thinking a Bug type that has six or so split evolutions, each with a different secondary typing (the physical types, maybe: Poison, Flying, Ground, etc) would be an acceptable contrast to Eevee, and also would offer richer creative potential morphologically.

• Eternabbas is, predictably, the source of the Dyna and Gigantamax phenomenon and it has its own Gigantamax form.
I find this part hard to believe since we have Meteordyna. You know, "Dyna" as in Dynamax and "Meteor" as in an object that falls out of the sky, which is apparently something that happens at the start of the game and give us the power to Dynamax, that was let slipped by one of the preview.

Unless of course Meteordyna is secretly Eternatus and is evil all along. (Or Eternabbas which, side note, sounds dumb AF and what words does it suppose to come from?)

I find this part hard to believe since we have Meteordyna. You know, "Dyna" as in Dynamax and "Meteor" as in an object that falls out of the sky, which is apparently something that happens at the start of the game and give us the power to Dynamax, that was let slipped by one of the preview.

Unless of course Meteordyna is secretly Eternatus and is evil all along.
Maybe it’s a Jekyll and Hide situation with Meteodyna being Dr. Jekyll and Eternatus being Mr. Hyde.

The idea of having another Pokemon that takes up so much pokedex space (like the Eevee family) gives me a headache.

At least its unlikely that an attempt at making a second Eevee would end up being as popular.
That's such an unpopular opinion :p we all love and want Eeevee. Well 90% of the fandom do.

I agree with you on both accounts. Giving the team even more Dark types to repetitively use would be boring gameplay; and I fully believe Gamefreak would do that.

I was thinking a Bug type that has six or so split evolutions, each with a different secondary typing (the physical types, maybe: Poison, Flying, Ground, etc) would be an acceptable contrast to Eevee, and also would offer richer creative potential morphologically.
I lol’d at that “gamefreak would do that”, and you’re right. As well as the other person that pointed out all the dark type Alolan forms. Give me my dark type still-a-sloth Vigoroth evo, then!

And I co-sign that bug type Eevee idea 100%. It sounds way different from Eevee whole retaining that “can become many different things” idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom