• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I'm not all that impressed with most of the designs this gen, especially with how saturated the colors are and how... I guess "child-friendly" is a good way to put it? Like there aren't enough monstrous Pocket Monsters this time around for my liking. That being said, James Turner gave me Golurk and for that I owe him my eternal gratitude and loyalty.
The colors are definitely more saturated this gen and there's a lot of clashing colors (looking at you fossils). Personally I find it refreshing because the other generations (6 and 7) had desaturated colors so it's a bit of a change up, although some of the new Pokemon have way too bright olors and could use the desaturation.

yeah as someone who tends to like the more ferocious, beastly designs, it honestly seems like a large bulk of mons this time are badass looking.

I'm really really happy that mostly everything evolves because the abundance of single stage mons in alola annoyed me to high hell

Personally I'm not all that impressed with most of the designs this gen, especially with how saturated the colors are and how... I guess "child-friendly" is a good way to put it? Like there aren't enough monstrous Pocket Monsters this time around for my liking. That being said, James Turner gave me Golurk and for that I owe him my eternal gratitude and loyalty.
How is a hair troll, a "forest witch" sea pig, a literal giant centipede, copper elephant, haunted rune stone, troll cat, and a walking indiffrent Stonehenge, not monstrous?

Looking back at the Legends, I noted some interesting things about them, starting with the dual types of Zacian and Zamazenta, which are pretty good, Zacian even more so.

Zacian - Fairy/Steel = Resists Fairy, is damaged normally by Fighting (by Zamazenta)
Zamazenta - Fighting/Steel = Resists Steel, is damaged normally by Fairy (by Zacian)

Strengths & Weaknesses:
In terms of strengths and weaknesses, both are nicely counter-balanced thanks to their primary and secondary typing respectively, with none have a super-effective damage STAB on each other in their armored forms. Zacian is spared super effective damage from Fighting due to its primary Fairy type, and Zamazenta is spared super effective damage from Fairy due to its secondary Steel typing.I also like how both their type combinations focus on opposite strengths that they normally do not have. Fairy/Steel has been known as a defensive type combo, yet with Zacian, that combo now gets focused on attacking, whereas Zamazenta's type combo is the complete opposite, having a type combo that is normally geared towards Attack, but now focuses more on a defensive aspect.

Battle wise:
In battle, its to note that Zacian is defensively superior against the primary and secondary types of Eternatus's, being immune to both of them, with Zamazenta only being immune to Poison, but only resists Dragon. Eternatus, in turn, only gets normal damage from both types of Zacian, and Zamazenta's secondary Steel Type, but resists Zamazenta's Fighting-type. Zacian is also super-effective on Zamazenta while not equipped with their respective weapons. In turn, Zamazenta is only effective on Zacian if it at least uses a Ground or Fire-type move on its opposite, and can only do without STAB. Likewise, Zacian can only get through Zamazenta by using Fire, Ground or Fighting type moves, the latter of which will obviously result in it learning Sacred Sword, which is a Fighting-type move, yet Zacian isn't a Fighting type and thus doesn't get STAB from it.

Against Eternatus, the Poison/Dragon legendary, and the first ever Poison-type Legendary:
Regarding the types of Zacian and Zamazenta, its interesting to note that both Legendaries are both neither weak nor strong against Eternatus, which is due to Eternatus being part Poison-type, which weakens Zacian's Fairy typing to effective damage, whereas Zamazenta's Fighting type isn't very effective on Poison already. Only their Steel typing is a savior because its neither super-effective, nor weaker to Eternatus, being focused on neutral damage instead.

On those points, regarding the fight against Eternatus, it looks like the better choice of Legendary mascot is Zacian overall, not only being good against Zamazenta in its unarmored form, but in armored form is also the better counter to Eternatus's power because both of its types still do netural damage to the Poison/Dragon legend, unless Eternatus's Dynamax Cannon attack can effect Zacian despite it being a Dragon-type move, of which Fairy is immune to. Zamazenta just needs to learn some Ground-type moves to be able to hurt Eternatus super-effectively, but for the rest is dependent on its Steel-type to do neutral damage.

Without doubt though, being part dragon-type, I'm sure Eternatus can learn some Fire-type attacks, seeing it has a energy-theme, thus being capable of still hurting both titular Legendaries through some form of "radiation" despite not getting any STAB from said type.

That said, I really love how much thought has been put into these Legendaries, making me appreciate them even more.

Don't know though if Fairy/Steel would differ from Mega Mawile's Steel/Fairy typing in terms of weakness and resistances.

Edit: Someone already clarified that Fairy/Steel or Steel/Fairy aren't different in terms of resistance, weakness and strength.

Last edited:
Welp, Nintendo cracked down on a leak discord and took em down, and the one I'm in took down all their leaks out of caution
Dang! I know they pulled all early review copies from australia and new zealand as well. Possibly Europe but that is not confirmed

Is it confirmed that normal yamask can be found in Galar somehow? I don't see how we're gonna complete the pokedex otherwise considering Home is not yet available.

Will Zacian's and Zamazenta's unarmored forms become usable for battles? I personally hope so. This would allow for those forms to not become pointless like Xerneas's "unactivated" form in the Pokedex.

Will Zacian's and Zamazenta's unarmored forms become usable for battles? I personally hope so. This would allow for those forms to not become pointless like Xerneas's "unactivated" form in the Pokedex.
I think so, considering they even have different types.

What does that tell about me?
Someone that made threads organizing possibly leaked info did absolutely nothing illegal and therefore there is nothing to be afraid of. No members here can face any negative effect from Nintendo taking down spoilers. No one here signed any contract.

Maybe the most that could happen is this thread and the data mine threads being deleted as places 'housing' stuff.

Those discords were places dedicated to sharing leaks, and while they got them secondhand, they were still the main distributors of the leaks. This is a site that isn't even a main social network and is sharing the leaks after getting them from someone who got them from someone else. Nothing's gonna happen.
Don't know though if Fairy/Steel would differ from Mega Mawile's Steel/Fairy typing in terms of weakness and resistances.
It won't, type orders don't matter.

Last edited:
Except technically the pics are illegally leaked. They have the copyright and own the info, but I think in this case all they could do is force you to take off the pics. Maybe close this thread. I don’t really know, but all the youtubers were technically secondhand as well, and discussing stuff just like us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom