• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like saying a game doesn't meet your personal standards isn't slightly disrespectful?
As opposed to what? Just kissing a corporation's butt? You're allowed (and encouraged) to give criticism, especially when you're the consumer and giving them your money.

Like saying a game doesn't meet your personal standards isn't slightly disrespectful?

Huh, weird color choice
No?
The games have flaws and we can act like they don't, but they do and they are quite evident. When I see something good I say it's good. When I see something not good I say it's not good. I'm critic when I need too. The problem is not that the games don't meet my standards. They made some statements, they said they had to cut something to make better features (let's forget about the animations). Now I'm here, looking for those features that made 500 pokemon disappear and the graphics look like that.
They said these games were for hardcore fans and I'm here looking at the games to see if it's true.
What I'll never say? That pokemon games don't have the potential to meet the expectations of their fans. If I critique the games for their flaws, it's because I know they have that potential and I wanna see it shine at some point.

Hopefully Shiny Cinderace has the blue parts turn black and the orange parts turn red. That'd make it look awesome.

I am honestly just interested in the lore info dump and I don't even know why. Force of habit.

Sonia mentions an incident in which many Pokemon became gigantic. I find that funny, especially if the mascots had to handle all of them.

She doesn't seem to think that the giant from the hill is any particular Pokemon.

Is it just me or is there really nothing to Turrfield at all? Like there's no other buildings? No other places you can go inside?

Hulbury is certainly bigger but it seems like all we got is Nessa's Gym, the Pokemon Center, and a seafood restaurant. Can we even go inside the homes?

I miss having towns were we could go inside the buildings and talk to random people.

Is it just me or is there really nothing to Turrfield at all? Like there's no other buildings? No other places you can go inside?

Hulbury is certainly bigger but it seems like all we got is Nessa's Gym, the Pokemon Center, and a seafood restaurant. Can we even go inside the homes?

I miss having towns were we could go inside the buildings and talk to random people.

Thats not the case at all.

Theres been leakers talking about going into npc house and talking to random people theres actually a screenshot of just that from another city in galar.

What is up with these battle backgrounds lol some of them seem straight-up confused:

link

Why does Motostoke suddenly become a field?
Why doesn't the Team Yell battle use the same background as the Hop battle on the same bridge? Instead it seems like you and the Yell grunt actually teleport 20 meters away onto the ground beneath

Like I know battle backgrounds aren't exactly the most important thing and that every initial pair game has some rough edges, but I don't remember these transitions ever feeling this inconsistent, and somehow LGPE runs rings around this even though it had less development time.

What is up with these battle backgrounds lol some of them seem straight-up confused:

Why doesn't the Team Yell battle use the same background as the Hop battle on the same bridge? Instead it seems like you and the Yell grunt actually teleport 20 meters away onto the ground beneath

Like I know battle backgrounds aren't exactly the most important thing and that every initial pair game has some rough edges, but I don't remember these transitions ever feeling this inconsistent, and somehow LGPE runs rings around this even though it had less development time.
Is it bad that I find this kinda funny?

While we're talking about the stream, here's my input on what I've seen:

The stuff about the level curve is disappointing, but I read that the guy actually caught literally everything they saw, but my memory's a dumpster fire so I can't remember if they actually did or not

NPCs still having one or two Pokemon is annoying, but at least they're not slacking on the boss trainers' (Milo's team initially had me VERY worried)

I thought Toxel's design was okay at first, but now that I can't unsee the diaper, it's ruined for me

The catch cap is stupid, since you could just remove the exp gain from disparate high level captures (since it's purely RNG) and have them not listen you at all until you get the right badge

SwSh has the same issue with pacing its bosses that SM did; Bede 1, Milo, Hop, Nessa, and Bede 2 all happened in the same hour

Music is very hit or miss so far. vs Wild Pokemon and vs Hop's tracks are forgettable, vs Trainer and Hulbury are needlessly chaotic messes, but Galar Mine No. 2, vs Bede, vs Team Yell grunt, and vs Gym Leader are all great. vs Gym Leader in particular is fantastic in-game because of the audience's cheering, and the cheering intensifying on the last Pokemon gives me fond memories of B2W2

Overall, it honestly looks like SM2 but with a big desolate area smack dab in the middle of the region, and that really worries me. Is this really the most they could muster for the first new gen on a console?

link

I legit can't believe nobody on the dev team stopped, looked at this and said "guys. . . .this looks off"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom