• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, with them trying to streamline the competitive-preparation aspects of the game, I can totally get why they nixed Hidden Power. Getting the desired type in-game was next to impossible.

I mean, they could have just let you change it somehow, too

A few things that have genuinely made my day about the games today;

- That new Jp trailer sold me, they now have full granted access to my wallet.

- Seeing the extra 35 we didn't know about. BULBASAUR & SQUIRTLE MADE IT YOU GUYS <3 and I'm not mad at all that my baby grass owl from Alola made it too!

- Seeing some previous legends and ones that feel relevant in Galar has taken 20% of my dexit rage away lmao.

I also think it's entirely possible that the dex may even continue with the extra 35 after Eternatus, it's not like having Victini as 000 in Unova caused a riot. So I don't personally see why having the extra 35 after the last legend in the dex would be an issue moving forward or be so "wild it wouldn't happen".. Especially since they cut those moves... and oh damn, forget what I said before, 10% of my dexit rage comes back seeing those moves have been removed lol.

Watching this game unfold before our eyes seems to be a situation of just taking the good with the bad at this point...

I'm pretty sure that none of the extra Pokemon are going to be allowed in VGC, whether they require Home or events. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't even have Pokedex entries (see the Island Scan Pokemon in SM/USUM).

Poor Magearna got separated from the other three Generation VII mythicals.

Is it true that Return is gone? RIP normal types. I love the new Pokémon this gen but everything else is shaping up to be a Pokémon fan’s worst nightmare

Curiously, we just got Cobalion in raids over in GO, and will be getting the rest of the Musketeers over the next couple months, and then presumably the Unova dragons will follow sometime next year. I wonder if that was a factor since Home enables two-step transfers into SwoShi from GO.

gigantamax.png

I also think it's entirely possible that the dex may even continue with the extra 35 after Eternatus, it's not like having Victini as 000 in Unova caused a riot. So I don't personally see why having the extra 35 after the last legend in the dex would be an issue moving forward or be so "wild it wouldn't happen".. Especially since they cut those moves... and oh damn, forget what I said before, 10% of my dexit rage comes back seeing those moves have been removed lol.

Tbh, most of those moves were either redundant or outclassed by better moves. Like, do people use stuff like Egg Bomb, Clamp, Constrict, Barrage, Dizzy Punch, Smelling Salts and the likes?

Only thing that made me raise my eyebrow was the lack of Return/Frustration and Hidden Power, but maybe Normal- types and special attackers get something from TRs to compensate for those losses.

Curiously, we just got Cobalion in raids over in GO, and will be getting the rest of the Musketeers over the next couple months, and then presumably the Unova dragons will follow sometime next year. I wonder if that was a factor since Home enables two-step transfers into SwoShi from GO.
It's possible as there is some level of cross promotion (alola forms in go, and meltan in main series)

I wonder how Snorlax grew a garden on his stomach. That would fit Torterra actually o_O

gigantamax.png

They're lucky they squeezed one in for Melmetal because the lack of Stadium Blimp Gigantamax Wailord merits a preorder cancel

It's possible as there is some level of cross promotion (alola forms in go, and meltan in main series)

Plus we know from the GO dataminers that at least some of the Galarian forms will be coming soon. I mean it makes sense. GO is huge. That's free promotion they'd be passing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom