• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leaks/Rumors Thread

Khu says Alolan Vulpix and shiny ponyta are two of the missions. I wonder what that means exactly, are they rewards or are we finding them in the wild? Sounds like we may be finding them in the wild, which I'm pretty sure would be a first for regional variants from other regions and could imply something about the difficulty of finding shinies.

Khu says Alolan Vulpix and shiny ponyta are two of the missions. I wonder what that means exactly, are they rewards or are we finding them in the wild? Sounds like we may be finding them in the wild, which I'm pretty sure would be a first for regional variants from other regions and could imply something about the difficulty of finding shinies.
I feel like finding regional variants in the wild of other regions kinda goes against the whole point of them. Although i guess they could simply be named after the region they are first discovered even if they aren't found only there? Alolan Vulpix being in the wild does make that person mistaking Hisuian Zorua being a Vulpix make more sense though.

I feel like finding regional variants in the wild of other regions kinda goes against the whole point of them. Although i guess they could simply be named after the region they are first discovered even if they aren't found only there? Alolan Vulpix being in the wild does make that person mistaking Hisuian Zorua being a Vulpix make more sense though.
Well it's like regular Vulpix is also called Kantonian Vulpix so yeah, first discovered. Which would be a good approach for the series to take anyway because making all variants just be in-game trades or minigame rewards until their region comes back around for remakes would be pretty bad in the long run.

Well it's like regular Vulpix is also called Kantonian Vulpix so yeah, first discovered. Which would be a good approach for the series to take anyway because making all variants just be in-game trades or minigame rewards until their region comes back around for remakes would be pretty bad in the long run.
I feel like the reasoning for at least some of the regional variants appearing catchable in other regions can be explained away as imports that either a) are available via a region's Safari Zone equivalent or b) have escaped into the wild. I mean, we already have Pokémon who's lore revolves around being imported anyway (the Corphish and Yungoos lines), so having imported regional variants doesn't seem that much of a stretch. Plus, it would be a good way to keep the Pokémon world connected instead of each region being in their own bubble in this post-Dexit era.

I feel like the reasoning for at least some of the regional variants appearing catchable in other regions can be explained away as imports that either a) are available via a region's Safari Zone equivalent or b) have escaped into the wild. I mean, we already have Pokémon who's lore revolves around being imported anyway (the Corphish and Yungoos lines), so having imported regional variants doesn't seem that much of a stretch. Plus, it would be a good way to keep the Pokémon world connected instead of each region being in their own bubble in this post-Dexit era.
It doesn't even have to be imports. Pokemon could just adapt in the same way to similar situations/environments in other regions, and the form would still be named after where it was first documented. Pretty sure we actually see this in the scientific names of some real world species, although I don't know any examples off the top of my head.

Khu says these are the final ones he's doing... 905's secondary type is going to stay secret until release. Boo to that.

FJB-q_3akAEnvAG.jpg

FJB-q_2aUAALRG4.jpg

Khu says these are the final ones he's doing... 905's secondary type is going to stay secret until release. Boo to that.

View attachment 154725
View attachment 154724
Wow I didn't realize just how much of the dex was new Pokémon and the gen 4 mons until now. It's really a shame there's no post gen 4 Pokémon in the game (Save for the genies) except those with Hisuian forms. And Sylveon i guess.

But hey, my favorite Pokémon gets a new form so I can't complain!

Last edited:
I mean the sky with two heart-clouds. If that's not Fairy/Flying than Khu choosed the wrong riddle.
So...Goomy has no new form apparently.
Fairy/Flying does make sense for the riddle, though I suppose whatever it is could just have a heart motif and not be fairy like Luvdisc. Whatever it is, it's either gonna be a big surprise or no surprise when the datamine drops. XD

And yep, no new form for Goomy, like we thought. =D We did good guessing them all, guys! I'm pretty happy that my early Lilligant guess panned out.

Yeah, Kantonian Vulpix is still called Kantonian even when found in Galar and other regions, so I think finding the newer variants in other regions still works.

Supposedly the person who got BDSP and streamed it early got Legends Arceus. PoryLeaks has been trying to confirm, but the person is being a real asshole right now. They won't give Pory any more info. Seriously why?
Apparently that guy is also known to be a troll. Probably doesn't even actually have it this time.

I've been looking at a bunch of fake Leaks over time and I really gotta ask: What's with fake Hisuian Samurott designs and barely looking any different from regular Samurott? Especially when compared to the other Hisuian starters of the same leaks compared to their original forms.

I've been looking at a bunch of fake Leaks over time and I really gotta ask: What's with fake Hisuian Samurott designs and barely looking any different from regular Samurott? Especially when compared to the other Hisuian starters of the same leaks compared to their original forms.
The leaker said that Samurott and Typhlosion barely changed in their new forms, while Decidueye is "a mess". This is why they keep making Samurott that way. However people love to think Typhlosion will be too cool to accept that it will barely change, so this is why in the same "leaks" the fire starter is designed as the son of the devil.

Of all the people to potentially get it, why does it have to be some troll....
Well, being a troll does make one more likely to lie about having it, so the odds were a bit tipped there.

I think people are just unimaginative when it comes to Samurott. It is a bit of a less obvious design to work with.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom