• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leaks/Rumors Thread

So the Unown are Static encounters with a long side quest associated with them. Basically Legends Arceus's equivalent to collectibles like the Korok Seeds from BOTW. I can already tell this is going to be a pain because i suck at collectables.

Samurott just looks peeved all of the time doesn't he.

"I'm just the same as the regular one but they painted me black and red AND I HATE IT"
I still don't get this Samurott recolor thing. I mean. What exactly is Hisuian Typhlosion if not a totally regular typhlosion with purple flames?
The only real change is for Decidueye. The other two have small changes. We have known that since November.

So are all the legendary's boss battles? Or only some? I have a hard time imagining like... a Manaphy boss given their small size.
It's not like you have to fight it punching it in the face, so big or small what's the difference?

It's not like you have to fight it punching it in the face, so big or small what's the difference?
The boss battles all require you to throw Balms. It just seems really hard to properly aim at something that small with something you have to throw alot of.
Especially when they would be moving around a lot more than like, the wild starly.

Last edited:
I still don't get this Samurott recolor thing. I mean. What exactly is Hisuian Typhlosion if not a totally regular typhlosion with purple flames?
The only real change is for Decidueye. The other two have small changes. We have known that since November.
nah I agree. It's just that the colors on typhlosion's body stand out against each other that my lizard brain looks at the hisuian form and says 'DIFFERENT!' while samurott's differences are on its accessories. (I havent even really seen typhlosion's flames yet actually)

Not hating on him though. I'm the kind of person who looked at bruxish and said 'yes this is art I want more of this please'.

However I just can't take to Hisuian Lilligant even after seeing it in-game. Hoping the official art and other appearances (like anime and tcg) will help me warm up to it (and Enamorus shudder).
I think she just seems weird since we're so use to the normal Liligant that everything seems off about it. Personally, I'm warming up to Hisuian Liligant. But I still think there's something missing to the design when compared to the original.

The design could have worked a tiny bit better if like there was a skirt coming off the back of the leotard. Bridging the gap between the two forms instead of her suddenly having fully formed root legs.

Anyway...I'm also warming up to Enamorus. It's just a SMT demon who took a wrong turn and ended up in Pokemon.

I think she just seems weird since we're so use to the normal Liligant that everything seems off about it. Personally, I'm warming up to Hisuian Liligant. But I still think there's something missing to the design when compared to the original.

The design could have worked a tiny bit better if like there was a skirt coming off the back of the leotard. Bridging the gap between the two forms instead of her suddenly having fully formed root legs.

Anyway...I'm also warming up to Enamorus. It's just a SMT demon who took a wrong turn and ended up in Pokemon.
Omg i'm so glad i'm not the only person who felt Enamorus looked just out of SMT

Question to the people who have played the game and gotten a decent bit in. How much variety is there in the side quests? Is there a bunch of interesting things to do or is it mostly a bunch of "Catch x pokemon" or "Complete x pokedex page" fetch quests with only the occasional special gem?

Last edited:
I've seen the leaks and yikes!
This is the first time I've actively hated every new pokémon /form. The only ones I don't hate are H-Zorua/Zoroark and Samurott (probably because it barely changes).
Enamorus, H-Liligant, H-Typhlosion, Sneaserl (or whatever the evo is called) are so... I have no words to describe how awful they are.
Also the Ursaring evo has made Gengar totally useless (it is immune to Ghost, resists Poison and thanks to Bulletproof it is also immune to Focus Blast) my poor boy...
The origin forms of Dialga and Palkia look weird but at least they're not fusions. It also bothers me that Palkia has no arms.
Overall very disappointed with the designs.

People still could predict Lysandre and Rose were villains from the trailers.

Instead, the villain in Legends doesn't give that impression in the trailers at all.
Well cause we are kinda basing our impression of them from their descendants like how most says Cyllene looks like a Villain cause her descendant is one

Btw Volo is the Main Villain overall in the post game but during the climax Komado is the anti-hero that causes one of the biggest conflict in the main story climax he expelled you from the corps and the village, raid mt coronet to kill the almighty "Sinnoh" and he is the one who actually bars pokemon from the village

Think of Komado as N in BW and Volo as Ghetsis

I've seen the leaks and yikes!
This is the first time I've actively hated every new pokémon /form. The only ones I don't hate are H-Zorua/Zoroark and Samurott (probably because it barely changes).
Enamorus, H-Liligant, H-Typhlosion, Sneaserl (or whatever the evo is called) are so... I have no words to describe how awful they are.
Also the Ursaring evo has made Gengar totally useless (it is immune to Ghost, resists Poison and thanks to Bulletproof it is also immune to Focus Blast) my poor boy...
The origin forms of Dialga and Palkia look weird but at least they're not fusions. It also bothers me that Palkia has no arms.
Overall very disappointed with the designs.
I wouldnt think competitively people will go for bulletproof for Ursaluna, I heard how Guts is more favored for Ursaluna cause of its Stats and how scary it is competitively with Guts

Serious question, since I haven't been following the recent leaks until now:

Is there anything to do in PL:A after you beat the story? Is there something like a Battle Facility (your typical Battle Tower knockoff)? Something like Contests, Secret Bases, Pokemon Amie, etc?

Is there ANY actual content in this game, outside of catching the same Pokemon 1 million times? Sofar, I know there is Trainer Customization and the ability to take pictures with your Pokemon. Is that all?
A battle facility? Yes and it is run by a very suprising character that if you played previous game you should definitely know of

Post game? It is very wide post game considering the main objective is to collect all pokemon this time around rather than just completing the league

Side quest? There are plenty plus I saw mini-game involving drifloon balloons

I think what I dislike about H-Liligant is that she looks like a knock-off version of regular Liligant. I don’t know how to articulate it properly; but it feels like one of those Dollar General/Wish toys that takes a licensed character like Mickey Mouse and gives them buck-teeth in an attempt to skirt copyright laws. Hopefully I’ll warm up to her, since she seems to be the only other “new” Grass-type besides the H-Voltorb family and she has an amazing signature move.

I actually really like Enamorous. While I wish they would have made her male (or no gender, like many Legendaries), her overall design is good. And I appreciate that while she’s pink and much more slender than her counterparts, GF avoided other gender signifiers like big lashes and lipstick. In fact, she has facial hair (or clouds that mimic facial hair). And while they made her third appendage a scarf instead of a tail, it’s a freaking snake. As @Articfoxgamez mentioned, she’s probably based on a particular female Shinto kami.

Overall, while a few of the new regional ‘mons will take some getting used to, I’m not too mad at any of them.

I think what I dislike about H-Liligant is that she looks like a knock-off version of regular Liligant. I don’t know how to articulate it properly; but it feels like one of those Dollar General/Wish toys that takes a licensed character like Mickey Mouse and gives them buck-teeth in an attempt to skirt copyright laws. Hopefully I’ll warm up to her, since she seems to be the only other “new” Grass-type besides the H-Voltorb family and she has an amazing signature move.
I wouldn't go that far. I mean the head is pretty much the same outside of the eyes and smaller flower. That's like saying Alolan Sandshrew or Galarian Darumaka look like knock-offs due to the minor changes.

If anything it looks like some middle stage pokemon now rather than a final stage. Probably since it just looks unfinished design wise. Like I said, all I needs is something in the back behind the legs like remnants of her skirt or have two feet on the legs just to bridge designs.

I actually really like Enamorous. While I wish they would have made her male (or no gender, like many Legendaries), her overall design is good. And I appreciate that while she’s pink and much more slender than her counterparts, GF avoided other gender signifiers like big lashes and lipstick. In fact, she has facial hair (or clouds that mimic facial hair). And while they made her third appendage a scarf instead of a tail, it’s a freaking snake. As @Articfoxgamez mentioned, she’s probably based on a particular female Shinto kami.

Overall, while a few of the new regional ‘mons will take some getting used to, I’m not too mad at any of them.

The only thing I can think of is if she looked like the other 3 kami people would just be angry that they pulled yet another color swap. So looking more feminine and being female only is probably a good thing in this case.

Does she stand out, sure. Does she fall under the "only one girl" trope. Probably, but Heatran and the Kubfu line exist for no gender differences gendered legendaries. But despite that, Enamorous still a lot more going for her than just differently styled hair.

I wouldn't go that far. I mean the head is pretty much the same outside of the eyes and smaller flower. That's like saying Alolan Sandshrew or Galarian Darumaka look like knock-offs due to the minor changes.

If anything it looks like some middle stage pokemon now rather than a final stage. Probably since it just looks unfinished design wise. Like I said, all I needs is something in the back behind the legs like remnants of her skirt or have two feet on the legs just to bridge designs.

The only thing I can think of is if she looked like the other 3 kami people would just be angry that they pulled yet another color swap. So looking more feminine and being female only is probably a good thing in this case.

Does she stand out, sure. Does she fall under the "only one girl" trope. Probably, but Heatran and the Kubfu line exist for no gender differences gendered legendaries. But despite that, Enamorous still a lot more going for her than just differently styled hair.

I think it’s the legs and slimmer lower body (since she doesn’t have the puffy skirt thing anymore) that make her feel “off” to me. It’s a bigger change than just “now this Pokémon is this type, so their color is different and instead of flames, they have icicles”. They took her head and popped it onto a different body.

I’m probably being more harsh on her design since Grass-type has been my favorite since the beginning. She’s one of two (three if you count H-Electrode, but that’s just an evolution not a completely separate line).

And yes, with Enamorous; a palette swap would have been lazy (although potentially amusing). If I wasn’t clear, I actually like what they did with her. Aside from the whole “Fairy+Pink% Slim Body=GIRL” trope, they avoided a lot of unfortunate nonsense. She looks fierce and aside from the slimmer build, really fits in with the other three. I hope her introduction has some sort of relevance, even if its just a slight nod to the inevitable BW/2 remakes.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom