• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Love the ship, hate the name

I've always found BubblesandthePrinceofDarknessShipping (Paul x Bianca from BW) to be kind of a handful...

Is it supposed to be a reference to something?

TattooShipping (Marshal x Shauntal) for me. I guess I kind of comprehend why it is called that, however my explanation may be completely different to the namer's intentions, so I'm not sure.
I feel there are more fitting names for the couple, but I've gotten used to it, as much as I dislike it.

LazyPervertShipping, also known as Solana x Spenser. Kind of looks weird when slapping it on a fanfic summary.
Also, YouNeedToBeHospitalizedIfYouAreActuallySeriousAboutThisOneShipping (random Team Rocket member/Persian). Quite the mouthful.

I've always found BubblesandthePrinceofDarknessShipping (Paul x Bianca from BW) to be kind of a handful...

Is it supposed to be a reference to something?

it's a reference to Ozzy Osbourne i think.

the ship i like but hate the name is BrunettShipper - Gary & May as the name dosn't seem to mean anything apart from a random last name also everyone gets it confused with BrunetteShipper - Delia & Jasmine

HeatTagShipping. It might be a typo or maybe it's just me, but I think it should actually be HeartTagShipping because they tag battled in Hearthome City.
Also, I don't understand how Grimsley and Shauntal be RolandShipping...

HeatTagShipping. It might be a typo or maybe it's just me, but I think it should actually be HeartTagShipping because they tag battled in Hearthome City.
Also, I don't understand how Grimsley and Shauntal be RolandShipping...
As mentioned, it was a typo.../sort of/, because the coiner kept missing the "r" in Hearthome, so submitted HeatTag without realizing there should have been an 'r' in there, so we left it as is, since she did intend that to be it...though with the obvious oversight. *oops* After all, it's still two perfectly normal words and it comes with a funny story.

And as for Rolandshipping, because you asked:
Kay, so it comes from Stephen King's magnum opus series, "The Dark Tower", mainly from the main character, Roland Deschain. It's the Dark Tower, and it's a book. And I liked the way it sounded :B

Comashipping. I just think the background behind the name is a bit ridiculous. Ikarishipping I can still understand(Hikari = Dawn and Shinji = Paul Shinji Ikari = main character of Neon Genesis Evangelion, therefore Ikari shipping) but Comashipping?! No...There's just no relation...

silverspawnshipping :'(
it could've been something great! it could've been a contender!

also: hardenshipping
i mean, i get it, but still. hella awkward-sounding, & so much wasted potential...

I used to like Pokeshipping a long time ago. I never really understood why it was named Pokeshipping instead of Waterflower or something else. When I first hear of this, I got confused because I thought they were talking about Pokemon.

N and Silver has two different names that I've seen, and both are pretty crappy. HotRivals has no elegance whatsoever, and ChristmasColored is pretty cringeworthy.

Nothing, really, but Pokéshipping sounds quite unoriginal. I feel it should be Ash X Pikachu or something else involving Pokémon, but it sounds very unoriginal.

izarith said:
silverspawnshipping :'(
it could've been something great! it could've been a contender!
Giovanni x Ariana is also known as Mafiososhipping... and unlike most ships that gain two names, with the latter eventually being nixed, it's there to stay.
Unlike the usual nixed second name, though, Mafioso and its cousins are only recognized unofficially. Just noting that.

huh. ~the more you know~
i do like "mafiososhipping" quite a bit more! ;p

another contribution to this thread:
sleazeshipping for petrel/clair... and it was one of my submissions :/
not entirely sure why i named it that. i suppose not every ship name can be a winner. lol

Red/Hilda.

I don't really like the name UroborrusShipping (or however it's spelled). Flagshipping doesn't sound too bad, though.

ChestShipping - Kasumi (Misty) x Kanna (Lorelei)

I know that Kasumi likes to stare at Kanna's chest in the anime, but with the ship named just like that they totally sound like a superficial couple. Couldn't it have been something a bit more thoughtful? Like, for example, it could have been something based off the fact that Kasumi's title is Tomboy Mermaid and Lorelei is the name of a siren.

ChestShipping - Kasumi (Misty) x Kanna (Lorelei)

I know that Kasumi likes to stare at Kanna's chest in the anime, but with the ship named just like that they totally sound like a superficial couple. Couldn't it have been something a bit more thoughtful? Like, for example, it could have been something based off the fact that Kasumi's title is Tomboy Mermaid and Lorelei is the name of a siren.
Considering 1) creativity was lacking at the beginning and 2) no one had any reason to believe this would be a /thing/ (and bonus secret 3) they were two chicks and lesbians are hott, especially if it seems like legit lesbian-hots were had)....it could have been far, far worse.

*cites both Oak/Misty names*

Considering 1) creativity was lacking at the beginning and 2) no one had any reason to believe this would be a /thing/ (and bonus secret 3) they were two chicks and lesbians are hott, especially if it seems like legit lesbian-hots were had)....it could have been far, far worse.
Ah, I see now. I haven't been in the shipping fandom for that long so I didn't know how things were at the start. Oh well, I guess we can't help it.
*cites both Oak/Misty names*
I just checked on the list out of curiosity. Oh my... I feel sorry for who actually supports that ship in a serious way.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom